• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon dive..glitch?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I was recovering with a falcon dive and then this happened:
my opponent was edgeguarding me on the right side of the stage, so I falcon dived onto him.
(to the left, towards the stage) and instead of sending him flying to the left, it send him flying to the right (I also leeched onto his left side, while it should have been his right side, as i was coming from the right)
huh ?

Tenki

Smash Hero
he wasn't edgehogging by any chance? Since that would mean that there's a chance he just bounced off the wall.

screw it, I couldn't understand what you meant by leeched.

latched.

=__=; I have no answer.

Zeallyx

No I don't have a replay
but I'm positive about what happened, I did somehow reverse it
I'm going to try to do it again now :)

Zeallyx

I THINK I did it again, it was in training mode, so still no replay though
I think it has something to do with doing the 'backwards' dive forward
I'm going to try some more things

Zeallyx

I got to reverse it :)
what you have to do (at least what I did):
(the example is to the right)
run to the right - up B - hit left on the joystick fast - hit right on the joystick fast (just keep hitting left right)
this will make him dive to the right while facing left :)

Not sure how this affects the hit, but this is one step in the good direction right:)

Edit: after some testing (using the normal falcon dive and the 'reversed' falcon dive over the center of final destination)
and if you 'reverse' the dive, you don't really lose any distance :D

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
now that you discovered it, make a replay in vs mode and record it somehow :D

Zeallyx

This guy has a reputation of creating useless threads...best not to hope on this "discovery"
a reputation? >_> after just a few days?
but I'm not sure what you are trying to say with this, but if you mean I'm lying, I'm not :)

I will try to make a video :)
what is the best way to record it and put it on the comp?

Wogrim

Smash Lord
a reputation? >_> after just a few days?
but I'm not sure what you are trying to say with this, but if you mean I'm lying, I'm not :)

I will try to make a video :)
what is the best way to record it and put it on the comp?
Your reputation is that you've made like 5 threads in 3 days, and this is the only useful one so far. Not a very good ratio....

Zeallyx

Your reputation is that you've made like 5 threads in 3 days, and this is the only useful one so far. Not a very good ratio....
Well sorry, but I knew nothing about smashboards and more importantly I knew nothing about you guys and the way falcon is currently beeing played.
Sorry for the 'useless' threads (although a few were asking a question >_>)
although the 'gale falcon punch' may be useless, it wasn't meant to be serious anyway.
I'm sorry

and for another explaination:
If done correctly, captain falcon will dive into a direction while facing the other direction.

Zeallyx

So far what I have accomplished with testing:
- falcon diving in a direction while facing the other direction (diving to the left while facing right)
- It takes a little bit of distance away, because to turn around you have to push the joystick into the opposite direction, thus making you go slightly more into the other direction
- I think I got it to connect twice (I mean hitting an opponent for example from the left while coming from the right)

What you have to do: (the example is for diving to the right while facing left)
1. dash/run to the right
2. up b
3. push joystick left
4. emidiatly push joystick right

It's kinda hard to do, and I'm not completely sure this is a real (usefull) technique

Can someone else try it to and confirm if it works (or not)
thank you

Zeallyx

Wow. All this is is reverse up-b and then DIing backwards.....fail
^
NO IT IS NOT
it is turning around in the actual forward moving animation, but because you have to turn around, that forward animation goes a lil less far

Edit: how else would I be able to up b someone on his left side while coming from the right side
you fail

acv

Smash Journeyman
Wow. All this is is reverse up-b and then DIing backwards.....fail
^
NO IT IS NOT
it is turning around in the actual forward moving animation, but because you have to turn around, that forward animation goes a lil less far

Edit: how else would I be able to up b someone on his left side while coming from the right side
you fail
you fail.learn to quote.

Zeallyx

ToKnee, record this so we can see it. Save a replay, then host the .bin file somewhere if you don't have the means to make an actual video yourself.
^
I'll try to make a replay
but could you explain how I can get a replay on my comp (and on internet)
thank you

Zeallyx

I have a replay saved now:)
It is not perfect, but it shows what I mean, and that it can be done

But I honestly don't know how I can get it on my comp and/or on the internet
can someone please help me with this

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
The easiest thing you can do is use a digital camera. Play the replay and record your screen with your camera's movie mode. Then upload to Youtube.

If you don't have a camera, you'll need an SD card and an SD card reader for your computer. Transfer the replay from your Wii to the SD card (make sure it's the only replay on the SD card). Then plug the SD card in the reader and find the bin file on the SD card. For me, it's in private>wii>app>RSBE>rp.

If possible, please, PLEASE use the first method. It's easier for people to view the replay. Only use the last one as a last resort.

Zeallyx

@Doggalina: thanks for your help
The only way possible (for me) is to record it using my celphone (I know crappy quality)
but it's bearable. Do you think this is a good idea? (I'm not sure what kind of file it becomes though)

Zeallyx

alright doggalina, thank you
I will hopefully do it tommorrow, and if I can't do it tommorrow it will be up monday:)
I can't do it now, because it is 3:30 in the morning here in the Netherlands :p
So I need to go to sleep XD

Tim_The_Enchanter

Smash Ace
Wasn't it already pretty well known that you have some heavy DI after doing an Up-B?

And TKONTK, QUOTE. We aren't running out of room here. We have plenty of warehouses for your worthless posts.

Zeallyx

Actually, it does. You can expect a bill from my handy-man for the hole I punched in my wall due to the anger I released after seeing your triple-post.
okay, well sorry then
The video will be up soon, we stayed a little longer @ our vacation destination
so I'll upload it sometime this week I guess

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
lmao dude what kneeguy is tellin you is like super old. Its called wavebouncin. thats what you did. you can do it with most characters the most noticible is falco's R.O.B.'s and lucas'. Thats what you guys were tryin to find out like cavemen.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
When can this be effectively used in a game? If they are at high percentages it could possibly be an "edge-guard counter/finishing hit" kind of move.

mitchlol7

Smash Cadet
I got to reverse it :)
what you have to do (at least what I did):
(the example is to the right)
run to the right - up B - hit left on the joystick fast - hit right on the joystick fast (just keep hitting left right)
this will make him dive to the right while facing left :)

Not sure how this affects the hit, but this is one step in the good direction right:)

Edit: after some testing (using the normal falcon dive and the 'reversed' falcon dive over the center of final destination)
and if you 'reverse' the dive, you don't really lose any distance :D
Noob u triple posted and u always post pointless threads

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Noob u triple posted and u always post pointless threads
actually this one is useful, I pulled it off on a Martha, and DAYMN is it badass if anyone is like at 100% or more they'll die. How I did is when hanging from the right ledge I flicked Back>upB>jammed right and what happend is because falcon can "teleport through a lip of a stage I actually went through the stage and Falcon dived Martha to death.

For once you found something good

Wogrim

Smash Lord
actually this one is useful, I pulled it off on a Martha, and DAYMN is it badass if anyone is like at 100% or more they'll die. How I did is when hanging from the right ledge I flicked Back>upB>jammed right and what happend is because falcon can "teleport through a lip of a stage I actually went through the stage and Falcon dived Martha to death.

For once you found something good
Very nice, although are you saying you didn't have to hold left to DI?

I've been thinking of using this for recovery, except that I think a stage spike will usually kill characters earlier (it might be good if your opponent chases offstage though). Your use is much better.

Top Bottom