• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Technique!!! Blast Porting

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Recently when playing with my cousin i noticed a very useful technique for sheik (can be done with zelda and meta too)
this right here has tons of potential in team matches... and i've used it in a few singles matches with the cuz... dont think this has been found out yet so whoop if i'm first :p

neways on to just what Blast Porting is
normally when you teleport with sheik you get the explosion at the beginning and the Wind at the end... wouldn't it be awesome to get an extra explosion at the end of your port?
well duh... so he was playing as snake and tossed a grenade at me on his way back to the stage. I caught it and did the Sliding Vanish (or whatever they call it now) off the stage hit him with the first explosion and then the grenade exploded just before i appeared KOing him...

so after doing that we tested it out and with proper timing you can get the bomb to explode while you're still in the invisible state.. kinda situational with snake because he has stripping but works well gainst link and TL

furthermore when used in teams say you're zelda... have a snake partner STick you with the C4 then detonate it while you teleport past someone..

in conclusion i say it has its uses and i'm posting it here cuz.. well sheik rocks and
if i need be i'll put it into another category too

I'll get some video as soon as i can find something to record with

Xin out

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
Well id say not practical but very unique and a lot of fun to use so ill give you a 4/5 rating. But also great find and thanks for sharing =D.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
you're welcome... i find its use mostly as a wtf did he do move.. when used fresh with link`s bomb does 20% when both blast hit....

gonna try more tests later

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Tristan... best thing is this is super Simple..
After my vacation i'm going to play teams in a few tournaments
and try to get footage of me BPing people with my cousin who uses snake as my partner
C4 FTW

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Yo kita sup...
and i'm sure it does work with that
gonna need moar tricky timing though lol

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
hey i saw this on youtube(but not w/ shiek) it was with fox and falco. all u got to do is the phantom from a certain part of FD or battlefield. it can be useful for edge hogging

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Nice find :) I've been thinking about playing Doubles with some of my friends in the future. I've come to think that the Snake/Sheik combo would be potential winner given the fun things you can do with Snake's grenades and Sheik's speed and locks. Inventive trick :)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
not anymore he left...... and all the others have set C4's on me, forget its on me, and then blow me up. and even then none of them main snake or even pick him on average, just rarely like sonic they usually won't pick him unless the smashball is on.

Arigon

Smash Apprentice
You guys are definately right, what makes it good is that its simple. Not some combos,

"ok to do the (RSSGVSHWSC) Reversed Slide Super Glide Vanish SH Witha Side of Cherries you have to hit b exactly 24 time while standing on a slanted platform then you have to jump 4 times hit a on the 3rd jump and hit every button on your controller at the same time within 4 seconds, this move isnt really that useful but its easy to use and its fun"

lol

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
if anyone can record them doing this and put it on youtube it would be appreciated...
i have nobody to play with atm

btw if you port past someone
you stick them with grenadess

Top Bottom