• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official monthly tourney thread

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
As some of you may know the last tourney I tried did'nt work out so well. Now i've come up with an idea that will also give you something to look forward to each month. Near the end of each month. I'm looking for a few co-host to help run them and ensure on of us make it. More info for July's date should come out soon.

The basic rules we'll follow for each one will be as follows:

1.No spamming moves. Plain and simple its cheap and annoying so no.

3. Stages accepted so far: Battle field, Final Destination, Delfino Plaza, and Lylat cruise,Smashville, Corneria, and Yoshi's island.
Now i know this list is horrible so far so notify of stages you want to be added. If people have rejections to that stage then a vote will be taken. The list will be mostly reseted each month.

4. This will be an elimnation tourny, 3 stock 1.0 hit ratio.

5. during the tourny we will all meet at some xat chatroom so when your match is over report the winner and ill prep the next round. The chatroom is at: www.freewebs.com/bladeradio0
if you have any problems with it let me know.

6. 1v1

7.NO items

Please tell me if you have any problems with the list

Once you post here i will invite you to the group unless you say otherwise the day before the tourney or at least a few hours before check in there to ensure you can make it.

Any questions?;)

Current tourney:

Date: July 30th
Time: 5:00pm GMT
More info: I'm pretty much filled up for all of july i'll be out of town with out internet from july 6-27 and i'll need a day or two to to unpack and unwind. And then my birthday is coming up. I Will always have a tourney each month so that is the only date i may be able to due a tourney and i'll need some help since i may not make it. Do you think i should make the time different? what do you think would be best?

The group seems to be getting farther then the thread made by crazn137 with zero brynoman and me.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Ok nvm I get it THIS is the new thread. Alright then. Are you going to make a social group for this?

EDIT: All people going to this tourney must join the social group located here:

http://smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=177

The time and date of the tourney have changed and there is an updated rule list. You can also post input in the group of what else you would like to see in this tourney. Just introduce yourself when you join. You don't really need to ask permission as long as you do that.

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
I think so but i might wait a couple days for some more views first,

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Ya just keep watching the thread. So blade, if I am a co-director should I help you set a date and what not?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. We should probably add pokemon stadium 1 as well. Just remember to check in the day of the tourney so that we know you will be there.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a problem with corneria. Again remember to register the same day as the tourney. You don't really have to now. As for the date, thats all up to blade...

BladeRadio0

Smash Apprentice
Alright i've added those stages i made the group for it and the date. Do you think this date is good?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Thats really blades decision but I don't see why not

Final thats fine. The tourney's on Wednesday anyway

Rdebo

Smash Cadet
I'd do it for sure...
i'm new on the forums but send me the group invite thing and i'll figure what to do...hah
i've done a few online tourneys.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
Hey Blade!

Can I join? By the way, could you add the stages Castle Seige, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2, and Jungle Japes?

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Can you take out corneria?

Please also add 75m just kidding but I second the motion on PK Stadium 1 and 2

Frigate Orpheon also seems good.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Hazards, and a permanent wall on Corneria. Oh... I guess people are not allowed to do infinites.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Everything you need to know is in the first post. Alright we are getting quite a few people!

@cmpr94x: The wall is fine if you cannot do infinites. If they do they will just be penalized or something. And the only hazard is the occasional arwing fire

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
What about the gun at the left bottom of the stage? The arwing does damage. Can I juste allowed to say that if you play me, no corneria?

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
What about the gun at the left bottom of the stage? The arwing does damage. Can I juste allowed to say that if you play me, no corneria?
Thats fine just remind people before you play. Unless of course enough people don't want this stage. Then we will get rid of it

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
We'd go to the xat chatroom (which is a lot like an instant messenger) and look at some kind of brackets to see who we would play. You play the person and report who wins and then you move up in the brackets until you win the tourney or are eliminated.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Are there prizes for winning?

Regardless, I'll give it a shot.

FC is under my name fot sign-up.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
@DemonicTrilogy: It may take a few hours...

@CatFight: What prizes could we possibly give?

lilthunder91013

Smash Cadet
i'll be in it but do we need to post our friend code or register for the chat room

fc just in case 3652-0212-2101

Top Bottom