• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC Event #4 - GameUnicon 09: S.N.E.S. Tournament - August 2009 - MA

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Supreme.North.Eastern.Smash: Tournament
Name Courtesy of OmegaDazwaMage

PRESENTED BY: The Mages & Game Universe

East Coast Regional Circuit and Game Universe team up!

Game Universe will be hosting a video game convention later this year, and the ECRC will be joining them to bring one of the largest smash tournaments ever!

PLEASE PRE REGISTER FOR THE CONVENTION, IT WILL HELP WITH BANK LOANS AND SECURING A HOTEL CONVENTION HALL, THE PRE REGISTRATION LIST WILL BE USED TO HELP WITH THESE THINGS ** NO PAYMENT NECESSARY **

Registration for the actual tournament's will be done separately

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-=East Coast Regional Circuit: Event #4 -=S.N.E.S=-​

S.N.E.S. Breakdown:
  • 3-Day Event Featuring tons of competitive games in a massive area!
  • Huge Venue at a hotels convention center! (pending) Play all day right at the event, with your hotel room 5 minutes away (discounted hotel prices should be available for the whole event)
  • Tons of setups for Tournament play, as well as a designated Friendly / Money Match area.
  • Cash Prizes should exceed over $5000 for smash events alone!
  • Live Feed available for all 3 days, featuring all the biggest matchs, guest commentators, and live Pro-Player interviews! (likely a melee and brawl feed)
  • Memories and new people await! As well as tons of recording setups, and video cameras! We are planning on putting together a rather epic montage for this event, and the whole circuit.
S.N.E.S. Events:
  • Brawl Singles
  • Brawl Doubles
  • Melee Singles
  • Melee Doubles
  • Regional Crew Battles (30 Stock)
  • Super Smash Brothers???
  • Brawl+???

**Brawl Rules**

**Melee Rules**

**Brawl Crew Battle Rules**

**Melee Crew Battle Rules**

Schedule:

TBA

Housing:

TBA

Hotel Information:

TBA

Travel by Air:

TBA

Travel by Land:

TBA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-=GameUnicon Information=-

Preregistration has begun at www.gameuniverseconvention.com and www.gameunicon.com !

Game Universe Convention 2009 will be a 3- Day Event taking place THIS AUGUST!

Dates and location should be finalized soon!(most likely Friday the 21st-Sat 23rd at hotel/convention center in Massachusetts)

The Rumors are True!

HUGE CASH PRIZE Tournaments being held:

Halo 3 - Guaranteed $2000 in Cash Prizes
Smash Bros Melee/Brawl - Guaranteed $2000 in Cash Prizes (this will scale largely with entrants, 2000 is default!)
Street Fighter 4 - Guaranteed $1000 in Cash Prizes
Soul Calibur 4 - Guaranteed $500 in Cash Prizes
Rock Band - Cash Prize Tournament
Guitar Hero - Cash Prize Tournament
Street Fighter III Third Strike - Cash Prize Tournament
Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Cash Prize Tournament
Battletoads for NES - Cash Prize Speed Run (good luck with that)
and more!

Performances by Video Game Related Bands
(To Be Announced... we are trying for some HUGE names)

A Large Freeplay Area to just have fun and play the newest console, import, arcade and classic games.

A Pokemon Meet-Up Battle and Trading Session! (Bring your DS!)

Panels featuring comedy, video game information and industry professionals!

A Dealer's Area with Video Games, Comics, Toys and more!

This will not only be a very competitive high-level Tournament for several games but also a fun event for the casual gamer to attend and have fun hanging out with friends and playing games!

Here's where we need YOUR help!

If this sounds like something that you are even remotely interested please go to

www.gameunicon.com and preregister! It's very important to respond to the email we send you later to confirm you preregistered.

It's FREE and very important to make this convention happen!

You only have to fill out your Name and Email. Please include the Tournament or reason why you would attend Freeplay, bands etc... in the comment section.

We will NOT give out your personal information but we will be able to present a number of people interested in attending to entice more sponsors, bands, dealers to help us and GET MORE MONEY AND PRIZES TO GIVE AWAY!

Tickets and Tournament actual registration will be available soon but preregistering will really, really, help make this Convention more awesome!

www.gameuniverseconvention.com

For information about Game Universe Store and our weekly in store Tournaments

www.myspace.com/gameuniverse
Game Universe
1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
MattDotZeb (9:47:32 PM): Anyway post if you wanna go or something o.o
Dogysamich (9:48:07 PM): question isnt do i want to go as much as will i be able to

uhhuh

ThreeX

Smash Lord
yeah seriously 09? wtf mattdotlame.. but i can't wait.. definately gonna be crazy :]

the only thing that saddens me, is that in the "picture this" list, i did not see the one word, that i was expecting.

MELEE

but then again, I did see the word "elen"

oh, and KevinM

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I just pitched a tent I am so excited for this. Zeb I have to make a suggestion. There must be regional crew battles but everyone on your crew should play a different character to limit all teams having 5 snakes.

Roman.

Smash Champion
I guess i'll go, don't have anything else planned NEXT YEAR. Seriously though, melee shall grab the testys of this tourney and twist them around until all the brawl juice is exterminated.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
I just read the thing that says " not 100% certain" matt, if this doesn't happen.. are you going to be assassinated or somethin? cause... well, what ever happened to the death combo's vid/!?! HMM?!?!? HMM??!?!?!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Asterisks are your friend.
That was for KishPrime and Plank.

Also shut up about Death Combos. It will be finished and released eventually.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
im going to school in boston. im so there. i know the areas really well wo ill help if anything is needed. there is a venue by my house that holds a **** load of people, i mean a **** load, that i told owm about.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
This WILL be the biggest brawl tournament of 2009, i can guarantee that. Leave your planners open this shiz is gunna be HUGE.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think anyone anywhere in the country has ANY excuse for not being at this tournament.

Top Bottom