• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ping Shots?!! WHAT!!! ...the Guide

Icystrider

Smash Rookie
If anyone should know about free hits, it's us... pit users!

The aqua laser arrows of death are wonderful indeed...
but there's nothing like an ole fashioned... grab

and with those grabs come our all time favorite - ping shots..... bu ya

yea - I said it!!..... you know!... freebies....free hits... the whammers... the
slammers.... pressing A again and again and again while grabbing

Our opponents HATE them!! .... as they do our arrows... but... they can't stop em
from coming... can they.....

And, as you most of you know it's necessary to have the perfect rhythm in pressing
'A'

Simply mashing 'A' while grabbing DOES get you your ping shots off as fast as a
rhythmic one would, but some find it hard to count the shots given or continue to press that rapidly

... ( the rhythm way isn't very difficult, but you'll have to get it yourself)

..the question is....
how many perfectly timed ping shots can a PIT player get off on a wiggling opponent???

wiggling = (circularly moving your control stick rapidly while being grabbed gets
you out the fastest {for those who don't know}) like bots do. <<<----- please
correct me on this statement if I’m wrong
as a side note.... if ya notice your opponent not wiggling that control stick as much he should.... feel free to throw in no more than 2 extra hits just to make things spicy. You be the judge... usually 1 extra hit is safest.

and if they... these... human opponents.... get mad,, just tell em
that....ummm...it's exercise..... for their thumbs..................yea

To get to the punch line
.....As I've calculated (not extensively)..(These are rough numbers from a wiggling lvl 9 bot)..

Each ping shot = 2% damage (they do add up ya know) (+_+)

1 perfectly rhythmic (=no hesitation) ping shot can be given to any opponent at 0%

25% [and above] = 2 consecutive shots

50% = 3 shots

75% = 4 shots

100% = 5 shots

125% = 6 shots

150% = 7 ping shots

and so forth...

[increasing by 25% here] And as you know... as their % of damage increases so
should our ping shots...... after which are the great throwing possibilities...
*sighs*

As with our arrows we shall not give up our free... whamm'n slamm'n ping shots of
the knee

In....closing... this is a contribution for enlightenment... for the reader.. as
well as myself... which means...
if there is something wrong, or anything I left out,, please let me know and I will
change it... I would hate for anyone to be 'guided' to confusion or a wrong idea...
(/_^)

kupo15

Smash Hero
I can't tell if you are trolling or trying to be funny lol. But if it is true that I can get 7 "ping shots" then im for it. If there is a way to know you can pull off a certain amount of knees, then thats cool.

Xigbar

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure that your opponent would/could DI out of your grab b4 you could get "7 ping shots" in...right?

kupo15

Smash Hero
I did some tests and you are right. I tried this against a lvl 9 cpu and at 0 he immediately broke away after one but at 150 he broke away around 7. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Doesn't these "Ping Shots" stop doing damage after 150%...? Either way I prefer to throw my opponent as quickly as possible to beat them to their initial DI.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I guess, but I have had many times where I threw them quickly and they DIed anyway. I have had times where I did a couple of "Ping shots" and doing that killed them.

cjshark: If you want to be safe, you should sacrifice one "ping shot." Keep in mind that lvl 9s are superhumans so they wriggled out at the fasted possible moment, faster than any human.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
To be honest, i dont understand what he is saying. I'll probably learn it later, but then I'd be confused again. Isnt Ping shots related to grabbing?

EDIT: Now that Im looking at it again, I really think he means attacking while grabbing an opponent. What I see is that Pit uses his knee to hit the opponent (2% damage each). I think that's what he's talking about. It does add up fast.

Top Bottom