• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Board For Dummies; READ THIS FIRST

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
***I am writing this in the anticipation that we will start getting more and more new ZSS players on the board as Claw's combo video starts gaining popularity, as well as the upcoming release of Brawl in Europe and Australia. We, the regulars here on the ZSS board, need to start protecting the integrity of the board once again as we get flooded by new users. Any feedback from you would be highly appreciated. If you feel I haven't covered something that should be in here, let me know so I can edit it.***

NOTE: If you want to use this on any other board, PLEASE message me beforehand and credit my writing.

ZERO SUIT SAMUS BOARD FOR DUMMIES​

A guide to posting appropriately on the Zero Suit Samus Board,
by DeliciousCake.

Greetings newcomer, and welcome to the Zero Suit Samus board! Chances are you're in one of the following groups:

• You stumbled upon myRoboticClaw's amazing combo video and have decided to learn more about ZSS,
  • You're from Europe or Australia and have just recently gotten your hands on a copy of Brawl,
    or
  • You just plain enjoy playing ZSS.

No matter which category you fall under, we're glad to have you as part of the Zero Suit Samus community. However, we would like to set a few guidelines for posting. These will reduce clutter from the boards and make finding the information you need easier for everyone.

RULES FOR POSTING

As eager as you may be to begin posting, please visit Bouse's Zero Suit Samus Resource Center. Most likely your questions can be answered from one of these threads, or a topic you might think is new or exciting is already being covered elsewhere.

RULE 0: HER NAME IS ZERO SUIT SAMUS. THAT MEANS THE ACRONYM IS ZSS. NOTE: NOT ZZS. ZZS =/= ZSS. IF YOU COME IN HERE PROCLAIMING ANYTHING ABOUT ZZS YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE AN IGNORANT MORON.

1. SPAM THREADS: Do not come here and post threads such as "Zamus iz so hawt zomg" or "Zamus has nice tilts." They will not be tolerated and will be reported. Also, threads stating things such as "Zamus doesn't deserve a character slot" or "Ridley would have been a better choice for a character" will also be marked as spam.

2. Short questions: We have a Q&A sticky for a reason! If you have a relatively simple question, please post there, and we promise that someone will respond in a timely manner.

3. "Personal Synopsis" threads: DO NOT POST ONE OF THESE. Yes, we appreciate your opinions in regular discussions, but an entire thread devoted to "My thoughts about Zamus" does not add to the credibility of the board.

4. Challenges: You may think you are the best. You are most likely wrong. Please do not post a thread stating that you are and that you are accepting challenges so you can prove you're the best. If you would like to challenge someone, please take it to private messaging.

5. Regarding new AT's/combos: If you think that you may have discovered a new AT or combo, please refer back to the Zero Suit Samus Resource Center before posting. Again, chances are someone has already discovered it or it has been disproven. If what you want to post has not been covered anywhere, do not just post a thread stating "I did something omg!!!!!111one". Try and describe in as much detail as you can and what you were doing when you discovered this, and if you can, try and post video proof. Failure to do either does not allow us to replicate and confirm your AT/combo.

6. Grammar and spelling: Spelling and grammar are important functions of the English language. Use commas and periods. Capitalize where appropriate. And don't post crap like "d00d if u r gunuh uze dis khar jo ned 2 doo stuf kplztx"

7. NECRO THREADS: Do not necro threads. If there haven't been any replies to a thread in a good while, do not reply to them if you have nothing important to add.

8. Personal Arguments: Get into an argument with someone? We don't want to see it if it doesn't have anything to do with Smash. Take it to PM's or you will be reported.

REMEMBER: Use the search function! Just because something is not covered in the Zero Suit Samus Resource Center does not mean it hasn't been posted before. Repeat threads waste space and push legitimate threads off of the front page.

Congratulations! You're now ready to post on the Zero Suit Samus board!

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Nice thread. You just have to get it stickied or whatever so that it stays on this front page for all the noobs to see.

-Steed-

Smash Cadet
Aw man, I hope ZSS doesnt get overplayed, one thing I liked is that I was an under played character aswell.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Aw man, I hope ZSS doesnt get overplayed, one thing I liked is that I was an under played character aswell.
I wouldn't worry about that, not many people want to learn her anyways.

-Steed-

Smash Cadet
Good good :) I like to play the underdog character that I can shock people with when I beat them.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I nominate this for the sticky.

And, I enjoy the underplayed character, but not to worry, if the trend keeps up, most Aussies and Europeans will main Ike, MK, Wolf and Ike(yes, there are now two Ikes).

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
um, ok, my question is how to play Zamus exactly. What are her approaches, what are her kill moves, what combo's into kill moves, just about everything about how to play her since i decided to try her out for my secondary. Cuz I don't see a guide on how to play her although i saw one somewhere, i can't find it anymore. I kinda have an idea on how to play her, but i'd rather hear from some "experts" to get a better understanding.

Well, i guess i should ask this also, but is she a good secondary choice for a D3 user??? If anyone has any input on this. I mean, it seems to make sense in general, to have a heavy character with strong moves, then a light character with weaker moves/combo moves. But any deeper insight would also be great.

Bouse

Smash Ace
um, ok, my question is how to play Zamus exactly. What are her approaches, what are her kill moves, what combo's into kill moves, just about everything about how to play her since i decided to try her out for my secondary. Cuz I don't see a guide on how to play her although i saw one somewhere, i can't find it anymore. I kinda have an idea on how to play her, but i'd rather hear from some "experts" to get a better understanding.

Well, i guess i should ask this also, but is she a good secondary choice for a D3 user??? If anyone has any input on this. I mean, it seems to make sense in general, to have a heavy character with strong moves, then a light character with weaker moves/combo moves. But any deeper insight would also be great.
The Zero Suit Samus Resource Center
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175185

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Ya know..I really hate this new message layout..it messes up alot of the posts..
nothing looks centered anymore.

Adapt

Smash Lord
you can fix it in your user CP. I dunno why they made the crappy way standard
(under Edit: options>postbit location i think)

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
you can fix it in your user CP. I dunno why they made the crappy way standard
(under Edit: options>postbit location i think)
Thanks for that! :)
Ahhh, all fixed now.
MUCH BETTER :D

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Anything to do with Zero Suit is shameless. Because who needs shame when you're this badass?

M@v

Subarashii!
This threads a win. I never saw that combo vid(I will now XD). But I know the comboing awesomeness of Zero Suit, especially against bowser :laugh:

DarkDefeater

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I have been intrested in ZSS for a while, but have not really took the time to get to know her potential.
After seeing some vids, and getting dominated by her a couple of times, I am intrigued by this character.
Wish me luck. :)

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
lolololololol.

ggcake. new rule just because of the 8 necro'd threads today? (I approve).

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
good thing cake didn't put a "use proper apostrophes" clause, or that would be incredibly ironic.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Proper apostrophe's are for chump's. See what I did there? Anyways, I'll go back and change that. Apostrophes don't really annoy me at all since it's one of the few things that most people never remember properly, and incorrect use still leaves most writing perfectly readable.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
Proper apostrophe's are for chump's. See what I did there? Anyways, I'll go back and change that. Apostrophes don't really annoy me at all since it's one of the few things that most people never remember properly, and incorrect use still leaves most writing perfectly readable.
True enough. As far as your mistake goes, I use apostrophes when pluralizing abbreviations and non-words like AT's or MK's, so I can see how that mindset might lead you to do it unnecessarily once in awhile. My pointing it out was a bit insolent but it was all in good fun.

Top Bottom