• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MidSouth Brawl Power Rankings (AL, AR, MS, TN)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Thanks to Zane. I'm stealing his intro. LOL

The System - The Mid-South power ranking thread is created not to envoke rivalries and bitter personal attacks. The purpose of the power ranking thread and the goal of the voting members is to provide the players of the region and anyone interested in such a means to generally compare the skill of players. It is not meant to say that person 4 beats person 6 every time, yet to simply state that on a consistent basis, these players outrank others in tournaments or by money matches, rivalry matches, or challenges. A "challenge" match can basically be thought of as a "serious friendly" or "$0 money match". This is played, preferably with a panelist as witness, by standard tournament rules and regulations. Winning a challenge match, or and other afore mentioned matches, does not guarantee that the victor will gain rank. These matches are used as data during the discussion for the build of the new ranks.

The Panel - The panel is currently comprised of 6 people, but we havn't decided on a second person for AR yet, so send in some suggestions and show me some activity! Also, if you feel your state is more active (looks at AL), and comes to tourneys around here more, and you want more representation, we will probably add a rep.

AL (1/1) - Reflex
MS (1/1) - NESNoob
TN (2/2) - Iori & Handorin
AR (2/2) - Roxas & Vexen

The List- The list is the current standing of the best in the midsouth. We have decided that a "potentials" list is also neccessary. This isn't to say these are the only good people in the region, but that the people in the "potentials" category are very close to making it to the actual top 15 list. Meaning that they may be reconsidered when the next ranking update comes to pass. This means, that in the time between each convention, if this person beats others on the list, or others simply fall out of tournament placement, it is likely they will be moved up. The potentials list is currently in alphabetical order, as to not hold bias from one region or group of friends to another.

How Decisions Are Made - During a meeting with the panelists, each person will draw up a list of people from 1 - 15, with each person getting points based on their rank (15 for 1st, 14for 2nd, 13 for 3rd... 2 for 14th, 1 for 15th). Any ties will be discussed among all the panelists to see where rank is set (and possibly even still tied). As mentioned earlier, if an individual falls out of the tournament scene, or consistantly is not performing up to previous attempts, the individual is likely to fall (and vise versa for rise) in ranks.

As discussion has proved, there is no flawless way to create a perfect ranking system, but I feel this is the best way to get the best of both worlds. Each panelist gets their chance to cast their views in their own ballot system, and also discuss if he (or I guess maybe she) has anything to add that other panelists may or may not know about.

Magenta = stayed same
Cyan = went up
Red = went down
Orange = Not on last rank list

Mid-South Power Brawl Rankings

1.Reflex (AL)
2.NES_N00b (MS)
3.Iori (TN)
4.Roxas (AR)
5.Chad (MS)
6.Vexen (AR)
7.CaptainN (TN)
8.Handorin (TN)

9.KO_Kingpin (TN)
10.Kyle (TN)
11.Rob (TN)
12.Vandy (TN)
13.xigbar

14.GeorgeTHPS (AL)
15.Moogle (AL)

Potentials (in alphabetical order):
Ino
JMOAN (TN)
Kyo (TN)
Nice1 (AL)
TheOneJanitor (AL)

Also, soon to come...
INNSOMNIA 6!
I have talked with Zane, and he has said he is unable to help with biweeklies; however we are planning to have the big one lined up aroudn Christmas. Biweeklies will start soon to start the fundraising.

moogle

Smash Ace
Reflexor... sorry I had to leave before we got our Fox v Wario in.

On a mostly related note, I'm looking for a chance to prove myself in Brawl. :) When's the next tourney?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Reflexor... sorry I had to leave before we got our Fox v Wario in.

On a mostly related note, I'm looking for a chance to prove myself in Brawl. :) When's the next tourney?
That's looking like the next Waba tourney, on the 21st.

-Chad-

Slackerator
spoilers- you shouldn't have two panelists in the same state that are from the same area of that state. That does not give an accurate ranking of the people in the state cause it's obvious that the panelists are not likely to play everyone that's actually good in the state they represent.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I know that Chad, but we couldnt think of anyone else at the time so we used those people. >_>
EDIT: Ya, AR. I dont know your state basically. If you think you will make a viable panelist, PM Roxas (I'll be out of town this week)

industry

Smash Cadet
I have a system that can help with the ranking it is based on record according to a set Y-number of events spanned over X-num of weeks or months(basically one event per month).

I have a layout and an effective system so let me know what you guys wanna do.

Not to be off but the system in the main post has holes that can be fixed.

Thing is you guys would do better doing state by state then at the end the best 5 of each state battle it out for the number one spot of the region.

Like top 5 from AK, AL, TN, MS = 20 players and based a random shuffle they would do a round robin for the final official final ranks and of course top players take home money no fun traveling to stay broke.!! there are more variables but I am not about to type that long. pm me if there are questions or post

Iori- can I please give you this **** playstation!!!!!Please!!!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Vote Virg for "somewhat decent".

Also, I won't be back till Thanksgiving so I probably won't be able to brawl till then...if anyone wants to anyways :(

Handorin

Smash Hero
I have a system that can help with the ranking it is based on record according to a set Y-number of events spanned over X-num of weeks or months(basically one event per month).

I have a layout and an effective system so let me know what you guys wanna do.

Not to be off but the system in the main post has holes that can be fixed.

Thing is you guys would do better doing state by state then at the end the best 5 of each state battle it out for the number one spot of the region.

Like top 5 from AK, AL, TN, MS = 20 players and based a random shuffle they would do a round robin for the final official final ranks and of course top players take home money no fun traveling to stay broke.!! there are more variables but I am not about to type that long. pm me if there are questions or post

Iori- can I please give you this **** playstation!!!!!Please!!!
Your system also has holes. Each system has it's pros and cons and I decided to get this one started first. Ive talked with a couple other people and we planned on getting a circuit going (like before) before you posted your idea.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So how many people do I know still play? I'm curious cause I dropped out a few months and am completely out of the loop.

3GOD

Smash Ace
So how many people do I know still play? I'm curious cause I dropped out a few months and am completely out of the loop.
I still play Brawl and Melee...I get to play Melee with Shai Hulud (the most purple fox ever for those who don't know), but he doesn't like Brawl.

I saw someone named Baky (I think) post stating that you were hoping for a Melee revival. I personally am beginning to prefer Melee since I can do fun things like dash dance and waveland on platforms, but Brawl also has some fun aspects - especially doubles/teams.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Baky is in Tupelo, I have been trying to set up something to play him this week but everything failed. He even came over to my house and when I was setting up the Wii I realized I left the Wiimote in Starkville and I cried on the inside.

3GOD

Smash Ace
Baky is in Tupelo, I have been trying to set up something to play him this week but everything failed. He even came over to my house and when I was setting up the Wii I realized I left the Wiimote in Starkville and I cried on the inside.
Yeah, I don't know why Nintendo won't do a firmware update that allows Wii menu control with the GCN controller. Surely, they have the ability to do it.

On topic, I think Wario should be ranked about 7th best, and Billy Buttons should definitely be ranked above Captain Falcon.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Posted the update! Discuss if you want. The panel has decided. +look at the bottom of the post.... >_>

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i dunno half these people.

you'll see moogle, george, and possibly nice1 and me on the list soon. AL is taking over this beeeitch lulz

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya, Chad was telling me you have a bunch of good people. But I didnt know about results threads or anything and I havnt seen Reflex in weeks. so...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm too good.

I just added my list to the overall stuff; we'll see how it changes things. AL got proper representation from me, but remember that there's a bunch of others that haven't seen you. Step it up, guys!

Vts

Smash Champion
AR (2/2) - Roxas & Vexen

hmm idk who these 2 people are so i can't say if they are better than the people who have came to my bi-weeklies.

i need to have a huge smash tournament for arkansas and turn in the results to you.

i'll do more on it later.

Handorin

Smash Hero
List updated.

Vts- Panelist arnt really the best players, just those who travel the most and can well represent the state. I wanted to avoid Vexen actually because he is in the same area/crew as Roxas, so he was more of a fill in. Start advertising some tournaments for us, get results, and have a panelist nominee step up. ;)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
can you put the state in parenthesis next to the player like on the old list
just a suggestion :-P

Reflex, did you quit playing online. if not, hit me up soon while I still have this wii

Handorin

Smash Hero
Added states. There is a couple I couldnt remember if they were AR or TN. Let me know via aim or pm or something... >_>

nice1

Smash Lord
Just now notice the list today lol
Good stuff Luis :)
Edit: Maurice why you aint on this list o_O
Cuz i'm black:( nah but i'll be on there soon. I'm still kinda pissed cuz i missed out on easy money on that b-ham tourney cuz the car overheated:( I'll try to make it to the next one cuz i highly doubt there was a decent snake at that thing. We all know how a Old Snake owns in Mgs4 and a young snake owns in brawl

ragnarock

Smash Lord
He does, he's pretty good.
O, well if say he's good than i beleive you, But the fact isn't that he was good, I was just going by hat he told me that last time he came by my house. He told me we doesn't really play that why I surpised he's in the top 15. God help us if he actually practice. He'll be the best in the US.

My bad Noob for saying your name, i was just shocked. But congrats being #2, Im sure you could be #1 no problem.

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
Nah Reflex was pretty invincible at the last tourney we were all at hardly anyone touched him lol even Nes... so im pretty sure he will be #1 for a while.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Nah Reflex was pretty invincible at the last tourney we were all at hardly anyone touched him lol even Nes... so im pretty sure he will be #1 for a while.
THat maybe be true, but I glad he as good as he is and he is from Bama or at least Rep it.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
THat maybe be true, but I glad he as good as he is and he is from Bama or at least Rep it.

Translated for whitefolks:

I concede that what you said is probably true. Even so, I am content with him being number one in the Mid-South,; considering that Reflex is from my home state of Alabama; or at the very least represents Alabama even though he lives closer to Georgia Smashers..

Top Bottom