• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Angelic Step

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
OHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOD, that is so amazingly amazing. I need to so practice that.

JK, I use this all the time. Good for surprises, and alternating grab and ftilt is great for mind games.

Ftilt gets you range, grab for the shield.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I knew how to do it before u posted the vid, but this will surely help others who want to use it. I really use F-tilt when doing this. Though I dont use it much, it may catch others offguard.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I just want to point out an Angelic Step mindgame. You know how you can go from the Angelic Step into a break dance turn around pivot thing. Well, the mind games is when you interrupt the pivots with another Angelic Step>pivoting. So when your opponent thinks they hit you because you are open with the Pivots, you just Sidestep and continue on. Just thought Id point that out.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
that is pretty epic, does ti count as your urnning while you are sliding forward, and is there any lag on the move anywhere where there shouldn't be tat would prevent you form attacking out of it

kupo15

Smash Hero
I don't think so because you are not running. So you have free rein to do whatever you want in the pivots. Angelic Mind games!! ^_^

Crystanium

Smash Hero
As the AiB/SWF idiomatic expression goes, this will make Pit godly. Hehe. (By "godly," I bet many who say this mean "god-like.") :laugh:

kupo15

Smash Hero
Also I want to point out that doing this into a grab will give you a bigger range due to the "pivot grab" system

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Also I want to point out that doing this into a grab will give you a bigger range due to the "pivot grab" system
Good eye. Plus opponents are more prone to shield when they see you do this after having fallen for let's say the Angelic Step F-tilt. ^_^

KuroX

Smash Rookie
Funny thing, I just implemented this into my game after reading when this was first posted. My friends just dropped their controllers in awe because their starting to realize how my Pit is becoming more and more dangerous.

It's fun to intimidate with this sly little cherub. Thanks for the find, Undr. You guys make Pit worth playing so much more. ^____^ b

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
First step in winning is to convince you're opponents that you're in a totally different league then they are. ^_^

Swarming also assists in doing this. ^_^

KuroX

Smash Rookie
I've learned about that first hand. My first ever tourney match was against Mew2King. Needless to say, after learning who he was, I froze up and lost horribly. Now, I know I can put up a fight. Regardless of who anyone might be.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I remember back when I was better then Mew2King... That sure didn't last long. In the end you've either got it or you don't. It's a cruel way to put it but that's the case. If you're a veteran and you're still getting intimidated... I won't tell you to give up, but at the very least accept the fact you won't get any better. KuroX it's good to hear you're just starting. Keep this in mind as you continue to develop yourself as a competitive fighter. ^_^

KuroX

Smash Rookie
Your words of encouragement will help me along the way. I'll keep this in mind and keep on growing. So, long as you keep on throwing out new things for me to learn. Hahaha =P

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
woa, that's cool. Could I use that after every spotdodge and basically do a running grab afterwards to close in on the attacker? talk about awesome...

hey, what's this look like used in succession one after the other? angelic step>running spotdodge into an angelic step? wonder how fast you'd go.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You mean Angelic stepping? Pit does it best, but Bowser has a way of doing a short one.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Link can do it, Falco, Mario is really bad... but Pit absolutely does it the best. Check out some possibilities this has with a video I recently posted in Sagemoons thread of the Angelic Step.

Undr: Why don't you post my vid in this one as well? It would be convienient having it in both threads about it

kupo15

Smash Hero
in order to get good at the angelic step, a knowledge of Pit's frame data is really important
Dtilt is really tough and Utilt is really easy btw but practice is the key. Even more practice is needed to integrate this seamlessly in your game.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Sure, I'll add it soon but I'll make sure to explain the differences between the Buffered Pivot Sliding and an Angelic Step. Kinda have to since the Angelic Step is simply a variant of Pivot Sliding.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
The server killed my response. v_v

Anyway yeah there is a slight difference. Out of the SlideStep you do indeed go further. This is far more evident with Ganondorf then with Pit as his Pivot Slide isn't as impressive as his Demonic Step. The Angelic Step is just a variation of the Buffered Pivot Slide anyway. I was sorta afraid to give it a different name until I saw that it did in fact go further the Pit's normal Pivot Slide.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
alright wel i havent been able to find where nayone mentions how to do this... so could someone please tell me, i feel out of the loop haha

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
oh haha i just saw you do it and then quit the video because normally people show it a bajillion times to prove it wasnt just an accident..... sooooooooorrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy friends haha

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a question: I can do it, but not as far. Do I hold forward or do I tap it?

kupo15

Smash Hero
oh haha i just saw you do it and then quit the video because normally people show it a bajillion times to prove it wasnt just an accident..... sooooooooorrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy friends haha
lol, No I did it with every move possible. Did you get to the end? It has some cool combos and chains. Look at the video description for times.

I have a question: I can do it, but not as far. Do I hold forward or do I tap it?
Hold it.

kown

Smash Lord
is there any difference between the sidestep angelic step and all the other ones. i swear theres a difference.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Angelic stepping looks like a slide, while sidestep is simply a way of dodging attacks.
Angelic stepping is a good thing to learn. On occasions it can catch ur opponent by surprise.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
alright im still having issues with this, after you sidestep, you hold back (for how long?) then you press forward (directly after holding back?) jsut need to know the timings for it, probably teh smae reason i still cant wingdash:(

Top Bottom