• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

jun 28th Monthly Brawl Tourney - Singles and Doubles - Birmingham ,AL

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
Where?

Play over Games and Movies

1824 Avenue East Ensley, Birmingham, AL 35218
One block up from the Police Station
(205) 276-4301 or 788-2338 ask for Isaac

*If you're mapquesting use this for your ending address.
1824 Avenue E
Birmingham, AL 35218-1536

When?

Saturday June 28th at 1pm.

Registration ends at 11am.

Pot

1st 70%
2nd 20%
3rd 10

$5 for venue

Singles: $15
Doubles $30 per team

Plz Pre-reg
Name:
Any equipment if you can bring anything.
Hometown:

Doubles Start at 1pm

Rules for Doubles

3 Stocks
6 mins
All items off
Team attack on

Stages Neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story,Lylat Cruise
Counter Picks: Frigate Orpheon, Halberd,Delphino, Jungle Japes, Poke Stadium 2,
Pools will be determined on how many people Pre-Register by June 21st, 2008

Pools will be best out of 2 so if its 1 - 1 then the round draws a result of 2 - 0 is a win, 0 - 2 is a loss.

Best 2 out of 3 rounds for normal brackets:
Winners and Losers Finals: Best 3 out of 5 Rounds
Grand Finals: Best 3 out of 5 Rounds

Singles Start as soon as doubles end.

Rules Singles:

3 stocks
6 mins

All items off

Stages Neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story.Lylat Cruise
Counter Picks: Frigate Orpheon, Delphino,Halberd, Jungle Japes, Mario Circuit, Poke Stadium,Green Greens,Norfair

Pools will be determined on how many people Pre-Register by June 21st, 2008
Best 2 out of 3 rounds for normal brackets:
Pools will be best out of 2 so if its 1 - 1 then the round draws a result of 2 - 0 is a win, 0 - 2 is a loss.

Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals: Best 3 out of 5 Rounds

No Big cash payouts for smash in the Ham, now theres a place. Every month there is going to a tourny. Please come out and support. More entries = more pot bonus' in the future.

Its a game store so we have all types of things for sale. We also fix ps3.360,ps2,DC,and wii consoles.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
1824 Avenue East? sounds like something is missing from the address.
is 500 the minimum prize for 1st place, no matter how many people come, or are you saying if enough people come to make the pot that big, because that's probably not going to happen.

also saturday is the 28th not the 29th.

also, i can't make that date, too short notice. have to work. if these will be monthly I will def make all of the rest of them though.

also, you should post a copy of this thread in the Mid-South forum.

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
1824 Avenue East? sounds like something is missing from the address.
is 500 the minimum prize for 1st place, no matter how many people come, or are you saying if enough people come to make the pot that big, because that's probably not going to happen.

also saturday is the 28th not the 29th.

also, i can't make that date, too short notice. have to work. if these will be monthly I will def make all of the rest of them though.

also, you should post a copy of this thread in the Mid-South forum.
Thanx Janitor
We could possibly move the date. Gimme some suggestions if theres a problem.

yea its $500 if we have enough entries.

$500 is the maximum for 1st ,and if we get past the minimum entries for $500 money will be given to 2nd and 3rd. Until it gets big time then $500 would be the minimum.

Its a game store so we have all types of things for sale. We also fix ps3.360,ps2,DC,and wii consoles.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well i'm off the 21st. that's the only weekend this month, that I, personally can make it.

i still don't understand the prize situation

if 20 people shows up, that's only a 300 pot. are you saying 1st will still get 500 in that situation?

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
well i'm off the 21st. that's the only weekend this month, that I, personally can make it.

i still don't understand the prize situation

if 20 people shows up, that's only a 300 pot. are you saying 1st will still get 500 in that situation?
Na then we will do 80% for 1st and 20% for 2nd.

Oops my bad on the entrance fee.

Well if enough ppl enter first will win 500 dollars if not.
We will do 80% for 1st and 20% for 2nd.

There are mad players around the area. So the entries should be a problem.

Well I changed the pot to 300 since I guess ppl might think we can't get that many ppl for 500.
But
If we surpass the number of entries for 300 the pot will be bigger.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
This sounds promising. But the stage choices? Ick. Where's Halberd? Luigi's Mansion?

Well... at least there's no Rainbow Cruise.

Also, $25 for singles? That's kinda... expensive. I know, I know. Lotsa money is good and all, but this is only the first one so far... I just expected something a little lower.

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
why is green greens allowed? It has walls. :/
Counterpick

This sounds promising. But the stage choices? Ick. Where's Halberd? Luigi's Mansion?

Well... at least there's no Rainbow Cruise.

Also, $25 for singles? That's kinda... expensive. I know, I know. Lotsa money is good and all, but this is only the first one so far... I just expected something a little lower.
Hmmm well 25 seems reasonable. I guess Ive been to too many majors lately lol. Also 25 is the price at final round next year. I guess if the price is a big prob I'll bring it down.

Sorry I 4got to add some stages.

I'll be there and a couple of others I can gather.
Thanx for the support bro

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Will there be any housing I live in mobile and that bout a 4 hour drive away.
And the most I've seen for singles bout $15 but it usually $10. Teams usually $20 - $30.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Stages seem weird. Entry fee is high. I have work that day from 9-2. I might show up for singles if I could register after 2.

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
Will there be any housing I live in mobile and that bout a 4 hour drive away.
And the most I've seen for singles bout $15 but it usually $10. Teams usually $20 - $30.
No prob, I can put u up homie

Stages seem weird. Entry fee is high. I have work that day from 9-2. I might show up for singles if I could register after 2.

Stages are random(Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story) If you lose you choose stage from neutral or counterpick list.

I'll drop the entrance fee ,but there will still be 5 bux for venue. Cool?

Oh yea you can come late, depending where we are in the tourny u might have to start in the losers,

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Thtanks, but how mant can u house, there might be 3 others coming with me i think.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'm contemplating housing as well. I (by "I", I mean "my parents") have a pad in bham. It's not too large of an apartment, but there's enough room to hold a handful of folks comfortably if housing is really needed. It's only 8 miles or so from the venue, too!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I'm contemplating housing as well. I (by "I", I mean "my parents") have a pad in bham. It's not too large of an apartment, but there's enough room to hold a handful of folks comfortably if housing is really needed. It's only 8 miles or so from the venue, too!
Thats good im trying to get some MS smashers to come.

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice
Where bout is it? Will you be letting other from the tourny come for casuals?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Where bout is it? Will you be letting other from the tourny come for casuals?
It's in *gag* Mountain Brook, right off of 31, which is right off of I-20. And yeah, I guess it could evolve into a mini-smashfest, but keep in mind, it's not too large. Maybe two handfuls of people...

ragnarock

Smash Lord
will a little melee be going down at this mini smash fest.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
Norfair isn't a counterpick? Lylat cruise isn't neutral?

I will respectfully disagree with some of the stages being on and off the counter-pick/neutral random, and put my disagreement on the record.

I don't think Shannon/Majist wants to do these things anymore, so I will be needing a partner for doubles.

The Phantom Smasher

Smash Cadet
i'm 99% sure i'll be there along with 2 of my friends. and @ munkus, i'm pretty sure my friend, orion, would do doubles with you if you still need a partner. my tag is phantom, and my friends are pr0t0 and orion.

ragnarock

Smash Lord

I will respectfully disagree with some of the stages being on and off the counter-pick/neutral random, and put my disagreement on the record.

I don't think Shannon/Majist wants to do these things anymore, so I will be needing a partner for doubles.
Ill team up with u if Mr.p don't team with and if the floride panhandle don't come.

Rawr-Kw0n187

Smash Apprentice

Nofair counterpick for singles I agree.

Lylat on counter-pick cuz it tilts and it hinders projectilers and catchers(G&W)

but I'm open to change if enough ppl request.

Godhand_Soup

Smash Rookie
btw I'm going to bring a Wii, a copy of Brawl and a small tv. I'm coming from Huntsville, AL.

Top Bottom