• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banana-Canceled Rocketbarrel Boost (with projectile list)

kamekasu

Smash Ace
You know that you can deploy your Rocketbarrel-boost by being hit by certain projectiles. This will make the barrels fly off and you will fall out of the air. This can also be performed on the ground. Here are a list of projectiles that deploy the Rocketbarrels (by ice_cream_man):

• Link - Down-B (Bomb), Over-B (Gale Boomerang)
  • Samus - Neutral B (Charge Shot, while charged), Over-B (Missile and Homing Missile), Down-B (Bomb)
  • Kirby - Up-B (Final Cutter)
  • Peach - Down-B (Turnip)
  • Pikachu - Neutral-B (Thunder Jolt), Down-B (Thunder)
  • Zelda - Over-B (Din's Fire)
  • Sheik - Neutral-B (Needle Storm), Over-B (Chain)
  • Pit - Neutral-B (Palutena's Arrow, while charged)
  • Falco - Down-B (Reflector/Shine)
  • Ivysaur- Over-B (Razor Leaf, at close range)
  • Charizard- Neutral-B (Flamethrower), Over-B (Rock Smash)
  • Snake- Neutral-B (Hand Grenade), Down-B (C4), Over-B (Missile), D-Smash (Mine)
  • Yoshi - Up-B (Egg Throw)
  • Ice Climbers - Down-B (Blizzard)
  • King Dedede - Over-B (Waddle Dee Throw), Over-B (Waddle Doo Electricity)
  • Wolf - Neutral-B (Blaster)
  • Lucario - Neutral-B (Aura Sphere, while charged)
  • Ness - Neutral-B (PK Flash), Over-B (PK Fire), Up-B (PK Thunder)
  • Sonic - Up-B (Spring Jump)
  • Wario - Over-B (Wario Bike Parts, when thrown), Down-B (Wario Waft, while charged)
  • Toon Link - Over-B (Boomerang), Down-B (Bomb)
  • R.O.B. - Neutral-B (Robo Beam), Down-B (Gyro)
  • Pikmin - Over-B (Pikmin Toss, Purple only)
  • Lucas - Neutral-B (PK Freeze), Over-B (PK Fire), Up-B (PK Thunder)

Now, Rocketbarrel-boost next to a banana. You need to be close enough that you don't trip, but the barrel is almost touching the banana. It will treat the banana as an attack and the barrel will fly off, but you land on the stage without falling. It's awesome mindgames. Not to mention that when you do this, the banana will fly off in your opponent's direction.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l7RSbqBmdY

Here it is in action (near the end): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3orHTGEgFs
Remember, this video is for the purpose of demonstration.

Scala

Smash Ace
This works on your own bananas, or do they have to have to be in control by the enemy?

If it's the latter then it's not so useful, if it's the former then holy crap here I come barrel bombing!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
woa, kinda wierd and I'm about to fall out of my chair...*twiches*

Popertop

Smash Champion
this seems very luck based and impractical, but I'm always excited to see a potential use for diddy's exploding rocket.

It seems to me like you won't get the full force of the attack unless the barrel explodes right next to them on the ground.

So a luck based technique, but something to look forward to surprising people with.
I hope more comes out of this, maybe eventually a way to direct how the barrel moves?
Although that might be too much wishful thinking...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
it only works on characters that have gained control of your banana and have thrown it. Looks funny. I been trying to use it in a fight every now and then but it usually doesn't end well.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
OMG.

That is ****, I'm going to laugh even more when people tell me controlling my bananas is possible, cause then I could do THAT. Great find.

EDIT: Also it appears the barrels are Diddy's possession.

Emo-030

Smash Rookie
Hmm, as i said before, its a good mindgame starter, but i dont think its very usefull, because the banana wont damage your oponent, only the barrels and you dont even know if they gonna hit the oponent..
But definitaly a nice mindgame starter :D

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The barrels don't hurt you, and you won't slip on th banana, instead, your knocked back in perfect position to either pick up the banana (while they watch out for flying barrels) or to simply barrel cancel again. This is VERY useful. It sends out a kamikaze projectiles that the opponent has to deal with (at least if its on their half of the screeN0 and has no risk of harming yourself, meaning you have freedom while they must maneuver.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Oh my god, this is the most awesome thing ever.

Finally, a way to counter enemy banana control.

Scala

Smash Ace
Yeah I like this a lot. Just watching this video in the first post gives me a head trip when you do it in succession. I can't keep up with all of the barrels. I can't imagine being an enemy in that situation.

The randomness also makes it that much better. If it was a simple trajectory that the opponent could dodge he wouldn't worry but this puts a lot of pressure on it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
OK, so now the next question is, does this work against bananas that are being thrown at you?

I'm wondering because this would be an amazing anti-ROB glide toss if so.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I'm having a really hard time getting the timing down, but I suppose it's just like Snake's little sliding up smash thing, it'll just take practice. It also seems like there's a lot of risk that comes alongside the awesomeness. I mean, I'm tripping all over the place, so if you accidentally trip instead of pulling this off, it could definitely be deadly.

Awesome freakin' find, though. This has the potential to be a great little trick once it's mastered.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You can make this easier by just positioning your character over the banana from jumping then just charging the barrel and falling on it. The problem with this is that it is slower than running, but it has rest risk of ****ing up.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol wow this is sweet. I can't wait to play a Diddy who uses this on me.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Wow, nice find. Too bad your own banana's dont trigger the barrel.
Now can a peanut thats lying on the ground trigger the same effect? My guess is no, because its too small, but its not diddy's because anyone can pick it up and eat it. So its a question.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Rocketbarrel-boost next to a banana. You need to be close enough that you don't trip, but the barrel is almost touching the banana. It will treat the banana as an attack and the barrel will fly off, but you land on the stage without falling. It's awesome mindgames. Not to mention that when you do this, the banana will fly off in your opponent's direction.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l7RSbqBmdY
the banana flying in your opponent's direction is pretty pointless when it's their banana
but i do love this tech, just seems like fun

kamekasu

Smash Ace
the banana flying in your opponent's direction is pretty pointless when it's their banana
but i do love this tech, just seems like fun
I meant that it positions the banana for another dashing BCR in their direction.
I have a video of it being used in a match, I'll upload it soon.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
that is pure uber. Nice try to whoever tries to use the nanas against us. Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Can it still work if the opponent tries to throw the banana at your face?

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
You can make this easier by just positioning your character over the banana from jumping then just charging the barrel and falling on it. The problem with this is that it is slower than running, but it has rest risk of ****ing up.
That works, too. Depening on the situation, this option would probably be better, actually.

that is pure uber. Nice try to whoever tries to use the nanas against us. Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Can it still work if the opponent tries to throw the banana at your face?
I assume it would. I mean, when you get hit with anything else while charging your Up B, your jet packs go flying, so I don't see why this would be any different.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Premium
I rather pick up the banana then try this on it while it's laying there. Although if this works vs bananas and other projectiles being Thrown at you. That sir would be a total A+, i have problems with them being tossed back not while it's on the floor. Although i shouldn't say anything till i try this, maybe it could suprise them >:D

kamekasu

Smash Ace
I rather pick up the banana then try this on it while it's laying there. Although if this works vs bananas and other projectiles being Thrown at you. That sir would be a total A+, i have problems with them being tossed back not while it's on the floor. Although i shouldn't say anything till i try this, maybe it could suprise them >:D
This works against all projectiles. Gano just showed me the timing for Pikachu's neutral-B.

IDK

Smash Lord
I'm having a really hard time getting the timing down, but I suppose it's just like Snake's little sliding up smash thing, it'll just take practice. It also seems like there's a lot of risk that comes alongside the awesomeness. I mean, I'm tripping all over the place, so if you accidentally trip instead of pulling this off, it could definitely be deadly.

Awesome freakin' find, though. This has the potential to be a great little trick once it's mastered.
just so you know, thats known as a snake dash, and it's harder than this. this is about the timing of a running upsmash. dash>>quickly upb.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
Gano got the timing down quickly. Here's a match between him and Yonesuke where he uses it a number of times on the last stock. Watch the few BCRs and then Rocketbarrel Cancel Pikachu's neutral-B a few times. I updated the first post with the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3orHTGEgFs

It was risky, and he took more damage than he should of, but the video was more for the purpose of demonstration. With practice, it'll most likely become easier/less risky.

paOol

Smash Apprentice
very fun to do when you are up on stocks and want to mess around.

Top Bottom