• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fancy Smash in Naperville, IL *UPDATED* July, 12th

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
To continue the tradition of events I've hosted..... Zec presents...

NAME:
FANCY SMASH III !

RESULTS ARE HERE: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182299

This first tourny will be BRAWL FOCUSED. That means, enough TVs must be present to hold the Brawl Tournament smoothly and remaining TVs can be melee.

TIME:
Doors open 11:00am
Clean up: 6:30PM
Doors close: 7:00pm

DATE:
July 12, 2008 (Saturday)

Venue URL / ADDY:

http://deansdugoutonline.com/room.htm

The addy:
1815 Werhli Rd.
Naperville, IL 60565

THERE IS FOOD NEXT DOOR. ANNNDDDD A DAIRY QUEEN.

THE COST:

This venue is costing me $150.00 for the day. I'm paying for it before the tourny and will collect that back from the entrees. ANYTHING OVER GOES INTO THE PRIZE MONEY.

10$ a person for singles
10$ a person for doubles
5$ venue fee

PRIZES:
60% - 1st
25% - 2nd
15% - 3rd

FORMAT:

This depends on the number of people we have. I'm expecting around 30. If that's the case we'll have brackets for doubles and pools for singles. If 16 or less people who up we'll be having brackets for singles as well with no pools. Double elim of course.

ALSO, I need someone to give me tourny bracket software or have Gothmog come and help out w. that.

RULES:
No items, standard maps for neutrals plus Pokemon Stadium Classic, loser picks map 1st and Character 2nd.
Match Time Limit: 5 minutes. Sudden death is ON for same amount of stock left.
Matches are 3 stocks.
No stalling or excessive no combative hiding. You knwo what I mean.
No characters are banned.
No glitches.
No wavedashing :D

This is my first hosted brawl event so I'mma try to keep things moving smoothly. Be patient.

I NEED TVs and WIIS. Anyone who can prove a TV gets 3$ off and a WII gets 2$ off. (Basically a whole set up will waive the venue fee). ONE THING: YOU MUST BE THERE BEFORE 12 SO WE CAN SET UP AND USE YOUR ITEM FOR YOU TO GET THE DISCOUNT.

I CAN HOUSE 1-2 PEOPLE. IDEALLY PEOPLE WHO PLAY MELEE SO WE CAN PLAY ALLLL NIGHT! :)
MANY PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING LIVE IN NAPERVILLE. REQUEST HOUSING IN THE FORUM OR STATE IF YOU CAN HOUSE.

-Zec

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
So, 2 people?
ahhhhh come on... don't be lazy !
If you think you can go, please post !!!!
Also, I'll make some print advertisement to go around naperville...
to get the people who are not on the boards to go.

-Zec

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
So, 2 people?
ahhhhh come on... don't be lazy !
If you think you can go, please post !!!!
Also, I'll make some print advertisement to go around naperville...
to get the people who are not on the boards to go.
Lol, I just linked you to the bracket maker you said you needed, never said I could go. Doubtful I'd drive 3.5 hours for a potential 30 to 50 person event, sorry.

is it melee or what?
He said it's going to be both probably.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
it doesn't matter who comes or even how many people--i'm going to beat the shiz out of everyone.

and then we're going to play some smash.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
is it melee or what?
ahhh yes, I knew someone would ask a question that's clearly stated in the original description... nice.

It'll be both with a format for the tourny that'll allow for both melee and brawl to be completely done in a timley maner. If it so happens the end of a tourny cannot be completed before the place needs to close we could finish at my house with a limited number of people. The first one of these, when/if I host them, will probably not go as planned...it'll take a couple to get it perfect but that's the nice thing about monthlies eh? We can always try again in 30 days. :)

-Zec

Vro

Smash Lord
I'm willing to go. I live 25 min away from Naperville. I want to play Melee so bad... but I can go for Brawl too.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Mmm, I think I will try going to this naperville is too close and the chinese food part makes me want to go too. I hope they have some pretty good fried rice.

Vro

Smash Lord
whhoooo are you? you should come on over.

-Zec
I live in Oak Brook.. main Falco and have been on this board for 1-2 years... I went to 2 smashfests at Ikilledtheradiostar (or something like that) in naperville. send me a pm if you want to talk more.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
I can make a deal with them... they'll work with me.
I just need to see how much support I'd get on this.
it seems like enough though...I'll post an update this week!

-Zec

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'd definitely go to this...i just got home from school in NY for the summer and I've been looking for some BRAWL :D

My cousins also live in Naperville so its a win-win for me lol

I'll be checking out this thread for any updates. *is excited*

Fletch

Smash Master
This isn't too far for me, and I'd be for sure interested if it was heavily Melee-based and I didn't have to pay entry fee for any Brawl tournaments. Do you know what the breakdown is going to be like?

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I would definitely go to this. I would only do Melee though, I can't stand Brawl lol and you know this already Adam but I appreciate you doin both on equal terms.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I can go. I'd probably focus more on the Brawl portion though

EDIT: HOLY S*** I NEVER KNEW KIRK WAS FROM IL! It'd be an honor to play his Ike, seeing as he's the one who made me main Ike.

Regarding the 20-30 people bar, Me14K and I could probably get two more people to come with us.

Natedogg336

Smash Rookie
I live in Downers Grove and I got about 10 guys that all play N64 smash everyday. If you make the tournament N64 I could most definatley get at least 7 people to play

Top Bottom