• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Grab (Video now up on first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
I went to my friend's house to play brawl and I found out if you grab the opponent at any edge, you can keep grabbing them. The other person can't do anything about it from what I have seen.

All you have to do is the down grab quickly, over and over, off the edge. The person will seem like they are out of range of the grab but, the slope actually makes the opponent able to be grabbed.

They seem to move with the stage's edge. It looks like you're grabbing at the head. From what I can remember.

If you want to stop the grab without the person being able to get out of it, just do an u-tilt after the last grab and they are dead!

I got my friend up to about 250% when using this and used u-tilt to kill him...He was pretty red afterwards. :chuckle:

Here you go http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qs6sxaAJpiM

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Any edge really. No they can't roll away if you grab them fast enough. They fall just for enough time for you to grab them again

Deadlypudding

Smash Cadet
A video would be helpful. It sounds like your saying that you are grabbing them from off the ledge or something? And slope? What?

OpTiMuS.RhYmE

Smash Rookie
Any edge really. No they can't roll away if you grab them fast enough. They fall just for enough time for you to grab them again
Wait what hthe heck they "fall" just enough for you to grab them? how do you grab when they're down? clarify please.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
I would record a video but, I don't have a wii and I am not sure if my buddy is there at the moment.

Ok...try it for yourself.

Push the person so they are at the edge of a stage. Battlefield is where I used it. Once you cannot push them any further, d-grab them.

I will ask him tonight if I can go over and record what I am talking about. Because, apparently I fail at explaining.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Wait what hthe heck they "fall" just enough for you to grab them? how do you grab when they're down? clarify please.
When you drop the person, they will slide off in a diagonal direction rather than a horizontal. This allows Snake to grab them again if you can do it quick enough. Right after the grab animation is done, you must grab again as quickly as possible.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
If it is real then is it possible to escape it? I'm sure with a little bit of effort you would be able to escape it. But yes a video would be nice and then we will find a way to escape it and hope that nobody cries about snake being the cheapest character again.

Bartender

Smash Rookie
if the edge is | and snake is x and the enemy is y,

xy|

then could then enemy just roll <---, making y x |

Tristan Fattest of All Kids

Smash Journeyman
If there's no video, it doesn't exist. k?

Nobody back in Melee would have believed wavedashing w/o a video.
This would honestly be really cool if it's real:)

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
I just tried it in training mode and I have to admit that it does seem possible, I know it was just against a computer but still. The timing is a little hard and I only got it a few times in a row, I'm not sure if it would work against a human but even if you got it only twice in a row it would be around 20-24(?) percent which is nothing to sneeze at.

If any of you want to try it online I would be more than happy to see if it works.

e-low

Smash Rookie
it actually works lol. as u grab them near the edge and d throw them, they begin to stand up and fall right after in which u can grab over and over again assuming u keep down throwing.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
So it's more that Snake's on the edge and the opponent is about to fall off. A grab with down throw then puts them right over the edge and the moment they stand or do anything they fall off the edge. But during that moment you can regrab them?

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
o WOW I've seen that animation when I did d-throw right at the edge but extreme (EXTREME!) props to you for discovering the re-grab.

My god Snake haters aren't going to like this at all...even though it's situational it'll probably be generalized and blown out of proportion like everything else they whine about, haha.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
o WOW I've seen that animation when I did d-throw right at the edge but extreme (EXTREME!) props to you for discovering the re-grab.

My god Snake haters aren't going to like this at all...even though it's situational it'll probably be generalized and blown out of proportion like everything else they whine about, haha.
Agreed. As you said before that thread is probably going to be revived. Great find Cecil.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
I posted about it on the tactical discussion board in the "Character Chain Throw List" topic.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Cecilanius I'd love to add this to the Snake survival guide under "throws"...just a link to the thread and certainly credit to you. That is, if you allow it ;)

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Oh man, lol. This is epicly situational but epic none the less.

You could so use this to trap your opponent. Hypothetically, place a mine away from the edge (say half way between the middle of the stage and the edge on a neutral stage for example) and wait for them to recover. They magnet to the ledge. They can A. roll onto the stage, resulting in a possible mine explosion? B. They can see the mine and decide to jump instead which is when you full jump into a Nair. Or 3. they predict both those actions and simply stand up from the ledge, resulting in infinite grab! Omg YES! lOL!

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
You can also do this infinite grab over any edge! You can do it on any platform with an edge. For example, those little platforms on Battlefield work. But, sometimes if you are not careful, you can push off the opponent before you can do the grab.

Depressed Man

Smash Apprentice
Haha that makes it even more advantageous for Snake to play on platform levels (besides the advantages he already has).

qazqazqaz

Smash Rookie
epic find Cecil. props to you on your awesomeness. ill definitely give this a shot ^^

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
How far does the opponent fall if someone is edgehogging when Snake does Dthrow over the edge?
I'm not sure. I don't have much time to play brawl with my friend. :( I'll try to get him to let me play over the weekend. I want to test some other stuff.

But, I don't think it matters if there is someone on the edge. Please correct me if I am wrong...I think that the opponent you are dropping will still move at the same frames/direction. IF you do the infinite grab, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom