• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, POKÉMON!?! – A Serial Video Mockery of the Anime (RETURNING - Ep. 51 OUT)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

NEW VIDEOS:

Introduction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKbL7q9RzmI
Episode 49: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9PtwGi2cFU
Episode 50: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYi6pl_cJw
Episode 51: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzZKhbQP2pg

Subscribe to us on iTunes! http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wtf-pokemon/id423772684

That’s right, from the creator of “Show Me Your News!” and his brother comes “WTF, POKÉMON!?!” (WTFP) – a weekly Youtube series that pinpoints the errors, logical mistakes, plot holes, poor writing, and much more that existed within the first season of the Pokémon. Youko and Swordhunter will break it all down for you each episode all in the comfort of a Youtube video.

Most of us remember the Pokémon anime when it began. And if you only joined on Orange Islands, Johto Journies, Johto League Champions, Master Quest, Advanced, Advanced Challenge, Advanced Battle, Battle Frontier, or Diamond and Pearl…*phew*…then you didn’t miss too much. But most of us who had watched the original season didn’t realize how bad it actually was. This show probably took up too much of your childhood, c’mon, admit it. Those were humble beginnings for the company known as 4Kids Entertainment and it’s time someone called them on what they produced.​

NEWS:

WTFP Unplugged:
So, we know probably too much Pokémon music for our own good. Why does this matter? Well, we might just be making a CD with us singing karaoke versions of certain songs. If past musical productions were any indication, it just might be awesome. BUT WE NEED YOUR APPROVAL IF YOU THINK YOU'D BE INTERESTED!!! We don't do it if nobody gives a ****.

Potential Tracks (let's see how many of these you know):

(?) - Still uncertain

Pokemon Ierukana
All We Wanna Do
Biggest Part of My Life
Nyaasu no Paati (?)
Nyaasu no Uta (?)
Pikachu
Mesaze Pokemon Masutaa (?)
Pokémon Johto
Pokérap GS
Song of Jigglypuff
Team Rocket's Song
Two Perfect Girls
MAEMUKI ROKETTO-DAN!!!

If you find a karaoke version of the English Pokérap (Kanto version), please let me know!!

Looking forward to your comments!

Special thanks for Spork-Ninja-Draken for all artwork!

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
OMG, i can't wait to see what you guys will talk about when Pikachu became obsessive over that bottle of ketchup!!!! XD...that made me laugh so hard when i was young

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
Horjay! I was hoping you decided to do this! There's a wealth of information in the pokemon series that can be made fun on, so I for one cannot wait!

Just don't work too hard, okay? This should be easier than SMYN, right? Because if it's the same..then weekly...yeah...not so great.

Either way, I'm sure we can all agree that we'll support you 100%!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Ha ha, fantastic stuff.

If you guys ever make it to Hoenn, you have GOT to do an entire episode on just Thunder Armor. "Aim for the horn!" will also suffice.

Lordhack

Smash Rookie
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this really didn't entertain me, and I love pokemon humor. I think it was that I couldn't tell the difference between Youko and Swordhunter at all, which made it sound just like a monologue. Part of what I loved about SMYN was how entertaining Youko and Panda's conversations about things were. I think if you got into more of a discussion about what's wrong with everything, it would have been much more entertaining. Also, everything wrong in the second episode seemed pretty nit picky. You even admited that Arkanine wasn't that bad of a goof, plus you didn't mention Misty's bike other than in passing. Not trying to bash you, just offering some criticism, will still be watching, and hope that it gets more entertaining. Also, ever consider that Oak is Ash's father. Crazy, yes, but it explains a few things.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Being an OLD hand at Pokemon, I found this start of a new thing for you guys to be DOWN right hilarious. In fact, I like it so much, I'm sending you guys my own little Rant on Episode 4 as we speak. It's a little long for your thing on youtube, around maybe 3 minutes, but I hope you guys will like it and maybe even use little bits of it or steal one of the things I had issues with on the episode itself. Can't wait for the next episode of WTFP!

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Hilarious and wonderful. I remember the good old days of watching this show.... I like the length, and your jokes, I hope to see this develop!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this really didn't entertain me, and I love pokemon humor. I think it was that I couldn't tell the difference between Youko and Swordhunter at all, which made it sound just like a monologue. Part of what I loved about SMYN was how entertaining Youko and Panda's conversations about things were. I think if you got into more of a discussion about what's wrong with everything, it would have been much more entertaining. Also, everything wrong in the second episode seemed pretty nit picky. You even admited that Arkanine wasn't that bad of a goof, plus you didn't mention Misty's bike other than in passing. Not trying to bash you, just offering some criticism, will still be watching, and hope that it gets more entertaining. Also, ever consider that Oak is Ash's father. Crazy, yes, but it explains a few things.

Interesting first post to the boards. We're kinda brothers and that's kinda why the video shows you which one is speaking most of the time...

That's an extremely intriguing theory that Oak is Ash's father. If the writers had any intelligence, they should end it like that. But:

1) I don't think they have it in them, hahaha

2) If Oak is "Ash's father" and Gary's grandfather...Hmmmmmmmm...Nope that actually doesn't make sense at all...

Lordhack

Smash Rookie
Interesting first post to the boards. We're kinda brothers and that's kinda why the video shows you which one is speaking most of the time...

That's an extremely intriguing theory that Oak is Ash's father. If the writers had any intelligence, they should end it like that. But:

1) I don't think they have it in them, hahaha

2) If Oak is "Ash's father" and Gary's grandfather...Hmmmmmmmm...Nope that actually doesn't make sense at all...
Thanks I think. I was never really one to just say hi in the intro forums, and this made me come out of lurking, because I think it could be great, but you're not quite there yet. As for your contradictions.

1) No way, his last name is Ketchem, and this is a kids show. That would bring up all kinds of questions for mommy.

2) Sure it does. For one, it explains why Professor Oak seems so much more interested in Ash than his own grandson. If Gary knows this, it might explain why they're rivals in the first place. I'll admit, way too much depth for this show, but it would make things interesting.

Deception

Smash Ace
Ha haa, I knew this would be sweet. I never watched the original series ( I started on Johto League Champions and stopped after Battle Frontier), but they really are the same, and the logic in the show makes no sense. Thunder armor ftl.

Keep them rolling out, Youko.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hah. I just watched the first one. At first, i thought it would be cheesy, but it ended up being really entertaining.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Very nice. And I wondered the same thing myself about Ho-oh being made bc of that "screw-up" in episode 1.

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
That was surprisingly good! I mean, of course the 1st episode was old stuff, seeing as you did a video about it before, so that was understandable.

The second episode was awesome, though. I really enjoyed it. Great job Youko and Swordy! Keep up the good work!

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Lol the Green Pidgey xD I remember pointing that out to my mother when I watched Pokemon as a kid.

But then again I always secretly found it more funny that the Pidgey sounds like it's saying "bull****" and for one wonderful second I thought you were gonna comment on that. xD

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
That particular Episode was "A Crowning Achievement" which according to Bulbapedia was episode 260 and probably took place during Pokemon Johto since he's making the face for a Larvitar ...

Supposedly you see him with his eyes open in other episodes though mainly when getting hit...

The Ninja Poké-Showdown (episode 32) When hit with Charmander's Flame thrower

annnd...

Who gets to keep Togepi? (Episode 50) When hit in the back of the head by Arbok's tail.

xD

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
That was great and I can't wait for more. I found the Pokemon count absolutely hilarious.

Questions:

1. What are you calling Season 1? Until the start of Orange Islands?
2. Will you be doing the banned episodes? (primarily “Beauty and the Beach”)
3. For two episodes will you be putting them in the order that they were originally supposed to be broadcasted in so that Ash doesn’t just randomly have a Charmander? (The Jynx Christmas episode… and Snow Way Out) Then again that would be half of the fun...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
1. Yep, through the Indigo League.
2. We hope to, but we can't necessarily guarantee it. It's a matter of getting the proper video, which we have for the normal episodes.
3. Ideally, yes.

Top Bottom