• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I Got Brawl....brought It Home....and Got A Disc Error! Help!

BumbleBeeTunaButt

Smash Rookie
Me and my friend bought one from this "Battlegrounds" store in my neighborhood. I live on Long Island and he claimed they were the only place on Long Island to have the game this early. They even had 2 TV's with Brawl on it. We played it for 45 minutes, and then made him an offer on one of the 2 games he had left which he claimed he was saving for a raffle. He eventually sold it to us.....we bugged out...couldn't believe we had it.....only to go home and find out it didn't f*cking work.

Has anyone had this happen? What do we do? Do you think we can just clean it and fix it, or are we screwed until tomorrow? (The place has been closed since 11pm) Every other game works on my Wii. Is there something else than can be wrong?

Also hope this doesn't mean that there's gonna be a bunch of buggy copies out there after tomorrow.

BumbleBeeTunaButt

Smash Rookie
^But it was completely legit. The game disc was completely real. The packaging was real....manual inside....it was wrapped in plastic when we got it. He was about to not even sell it to us. I don't think he tried to rip us off.

heroicsonic

Smash Apprentice
Do you smoke? im just wondering.

if you smoke near your wii, it can mess up the reading of the discs.

BumbleBeeTunaButt

Smash Rookie
****it, this is the worst. I hate the responses I'm getting right now. I need there to be a quick fix ****it. I need a solution. Brawl was so ill by the way. Completely different in a lot of ways....but awesome.

Cepheus

Smash Cadet
is your wii modded?
some modded wii's can't play brawl as it is dual-layered.

then again, you can just download brawl if you have a modded wii LOL.

Darkslash

Smash Master
You have Eye Glasses? Helps if you Wipe the disc with the Cleaning Cloth. Smae thing happened to me with Metroid Prime 3. Wiped the Disc and worked :laugh: I so srly got pissed when i get the disc error.

BumbleBeeTunaButt

Smash Rookie
Do you smoke? im just wondering.

if you smoke near your wii, it can mess up the reading of the discs.

Well, I've smoked pot a few times in my room....but nothing where it's fogging the entire area around the Wii. Not to mention, like I said, every other games work. Including Melee, ironically.

This is bad karma. The price we pay for trying to cheat and play Brawl early. We were so scepticle going into it too. This is the first time I ever even went into this store. We were just going in to see if they had any Brawl tourneys planned and even joked about how funny it would be if they had it already.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
That sucks, listen to the heroic, if you smoke around your wii, sometimes it will mess brawl up. If not, you probably just got conned out of 50 dollars. I also bought brawl today from gamestation, but it works :D

montyalbo

Smash Apprentice
I've heard some Wiis have trouble playing the game due to the Brawl disc being dual layered.

heroicsonic

Smash Apprentice
****it, this is the worst. I hate the responses I'm getting right now. I need there to be a quick fix ****it. I need a solution. Brawl was so ill by the way. Completely different in a lot of ways....but awesome.

lol sorry dude diddnt mean to be mean or anything.

But if nobody is giving a good response, then we dont know how we are going to help you.

heroicsonic

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've smoked pot a few times in my room....but nothing where it's fogging the entire area around the Wii. Not to mention, like I said, every other games work. Including Melee, ironically.

This is bad karma. The price we pay for trying to cheat and play Brawl early. We were so scepticle going into it too. This is the first time I ever even went into this store. We were just going in to see if they had any Brawl tourneys planned and even joked about how funny it would be if they had it already.
Do not fear
The Help Is Here!

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35945/98/

Oh wait.... :(

corban123

Smash Rookie
and to add on to somethings, stay off the pot u ******* -__-

ontopic: ya stay away from the wii when ur smoking

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the game isn't from the same region. Maybe you got the NTSC-J version of the game and you have an American Wii.

BumbleBeeTunaButt

Smash Rookie
Go here: http://www.smashbros.com/jp/index.html
Click on the circled link. It's telling people who get an error how to fix it. Unfortunately, I can't read Japanese, so I can't tell you exactly what it says, so either just follow the illustrations or get SamuraiPanda to translate it.

Hope this helps!

Wow, thank you. That's exactly what's happening to me. I'll try to find a way to translate it. If anyone here could for me, that would be beyond awesome.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
It is possible that you're Wii hardware hasn't gotten the latest update, try connecting your system online and see if you can update your system. if so, then do it right away. They had this problem in Japan during the release there, and Nintendo released a patch over the NFC.

And if that doesn't work, then clean your disc reading drive like the others here have said. And if that doesn't work, then you are jwf and sol. In other words, jolly well ****ed and **** out of luck.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Bumblebee, I got the same error. But mine's the japanese version. When I put the disc in, it couldn't read the disc. My advice: Wait til next week, send the wii and the copy of brawl to nintendo. They will fix it for u. Same as the japan situation.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
Don't be afraid to call customer support, even though you might want to wait until after release. Nintendo has really good customer support in my experience. If you can't find a good fix, I'm sure they'll help you.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Too bad I couldn't my wii for fixing because it is modded, but the shop that sold japanese brawl offered to fix it for me, but I waited for a week, but no reply.

Hey hey hey 1000th post!!! Giggity giggity goo!

Dreiko

Smash Journeyman
Was the copy you had opened or brand new? Cause if it was new then it's most likely your wii's fault....

Or just punishment from god for smoking illegal substances...:p.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
you got owned, but this is disconcerting, because my basement is full of dust and *$&% like that. If brawl does not work for me, heads will roll!

tutter

Smash Apprentice
It better not be a punishment for smoking substances, I want my brawl to work.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Without reading the rest of the thread*

How do you expect us to really know how to fix an error for a game that barely any of us have?

-Onyx

Shuma

Smash Hero
What's this nonesense 'bout Smoking. My Wii himself smokes.

Yeah. Himself, he is a pretty cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything.

Top Bottom