• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Player's Brawl NOW A BRAWLFEST - Hartford, CT - Apr 18, 08 - Parking Up

noodles

Smash Champion
brawl drama= pof against the whole SWF community except me and several others.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Chris tucker is amazing.....Rush hour 3 sucked it...but other than that...hes a genius.

money talks=greatness.

Jam-I bet you will **** kids with your Toon Link but we'll duel online...get a wii and when you do...give me your Wii number so my Pokemon Trainer, Sonic, meta, and Marth will own your soul.

I've known you for a bit...yet...i've never faced your iceys....weird.

I shotty the tag----META for an ID while in-game....get the F off....

Sophos

Smash Cadet
Pikachu's been buffed for Brawl, and back in the SSB64 days, he rocked harder than any other character. Either him or the nearly broken Olimar will end up being my mains for the tourney. Unless you pick Marth. I have a special counterpick for that one.

noodles

Smash Champion
axelslam no ****in way lol

someone play smash with me without pants on so i cud have a picture like trademarks lol

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
No one counters Marth...get over it.

Predictions for tier list----------- (DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU WANT NO SPOILERS!!!)

Sonic
Marth
Kirby
Meta knight
Capt Falcon
Falco
Fox
Snake
Lucario
Olimar
Shiek
Ganondorf
Diddy
Wolf
pikachu
Toon Link
Zero Suit
Link
Ice Climbers
Mario
Ness
Peach
Pokemon Trainer
Samus
Pit
Lucas
Zelda
Yoshi
Dede
Donkey K
Mr. Game And Watch (I really do believe he'll be better..he was too underlooked in melee..)
Bowser (Giga moves him up....his FS is easily in top 3 best)
Luigi
Wario
R.O.B
Ike

EDIT-i have not actually played brawl yet...but this is what im guessing off of speculation.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Pit also is easy to combo due to the fact that he is a slow faller and is easy to locate in the air.

edit-regardless of how good ROB is, the fact that they did not take the time to put in actual new USEFUL characters as opposed to fill ins for drop outs and insert people such as Geno, Megaman, or another useful character just makes R.O.B a low tier because they could have done better and everyone knows it..this game is huge. ROB is a waste.

Ike=Roy
Lucario=Mewtwo
R.O.B=Pichu

Sophos

Smash Cadet
Wrong. ROB is very good, and I have no regrets to his presence in the game. He is supposedly a really great Marth counterpick, and if I were you, I'd go have a look at the official Brawl Tier thread. Your prediction, as opposed to theirs, is actually way, WAY off.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
regardless of how good ROB is, the fact that they did not take the time to put in actual new USEFUL characters as opposed to fill ins for drop outs and insert people such as Geno, Megaman, or another useful character just makes R.O.B a low tier because they could have done better and everyone knows it..this game is huge. ROB is a waste.
:confused:

i believe azen won a tournament with ike

unknownforce

Smash Lord
We need more Brawl tournaments close to MA/RI/CT! This is like the only one coming up that I know of lol so I will do the best I can to attend.

Since I really can't travel further than MA/CT most of the time, I'm really hoping the online events will become a common occurence, since it would be great to participate and get my work done in between matches or something. Does anyone know if these online tournaments have been successful thus far?

As far as tier discussion goes, people are entitled to their opinions, and judgments are not going to be very accurate from anyone, so there is no need for arguments over what will happen with the game (debates are fine though). The more skilled melee players may be able to discover the exploits at a faster rate, and they may discover tactics that make a certain character much stronger than initial impressions assume, but it may not mean all that much in the scheme of things, because games are constantly evolving.

For instance, say I discover that Kirby has a type of grab that can chaingrab opponents. At first, Kirby would skyrocket on the tier list, but then someone finds a way to escape the chaingrab, thus making it worthless, and Kirby plumits back down again. This example is hypothetical, of course, but you can understand that it means tier discussion at this point is more for fun than anything else. As such, don't put down the players with less experience, because at this point, we're all shooting in the dark.

I laugh at the idea that players think that Melee was mastered. Now that Brawl has been released and Melee begins to die, the games true potential will only be realized by a few players out there, but I'm sure that the best Melee players will agree with me that even until the end, the game was still constantly changing and new tactics were still being discovered and as a result affecting the overall tactics and gameplay. I don't think anyone has ever really mastered a very strong game (with the exception of Stu Unger and Gin Rummy, maybe). Only flawed games like Tic Tac Toe can truly be mastered, but a gem like Melee will never reach that point.

I have no idea why I said all that (I try to keep my mouth shut on these matters, lol). I think it's part of my two cents on the debate I've heard about people assuming that Melee players were broken down into, "Pro's" who only knew the advanced techniques and, "Casual players" that did not. It depresses me that so frequently, topics must be percieved in such a black and white fashion, but that is another topic entirely...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm gone for a few days, and what happens? Exactly what I SPECIFICALLY STATED that I didn't want to happen.

Unknownforce, thank you for returning logic to this thread. This is not a tier discussion or tactics thread. There are plenty of those all over this site. Keep that stuff out of here.

Sophos

Smash Cadet
I can bring a setup if you missed me post it, also, I know you didn't want any "Brawl sucks" discussions, but I'm gonna bring Melee for a few friendlies anyways, if that's alright.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
hey I am interested in coming I am bring Crismas and Ninjalink....anyone willing to help me get out there with a ride?....chibi???

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
confirmed lucas/sheik player here.

also holy crap the AI is much better in brawl. actually had to work to beat the hardest difficulty on classic without continuing. took me a few tries, too.

i'll also bring melee to this tournament. someone please bring smash 64 and a system :o

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I'm gone for a few days, and what happens? Exactly what I SPECIFICALLY STATED that I didn't want to happen.

Unknownforce, thank you for returning logic to this thread. This is not a tier discussion or tactics thread. There are plenty of those all over this site. Keep that stuff out of here.
Happy to lend a hand, heh.

Any chance of another RI carpool to this? I suggest we flip a coin to determine who drives or something. In any case, you can put me down for a setup if I can make it, which is looking quite likely at the moment.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
As soon as I get regular internet access back, I'll be updating the thread with setups/other info.

Top Bottom