• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chula Vista/San Diego Smash Presents: The Gauntlet April 28th

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Yeah this was pretty badass! Pretty good turn out! Now on to some quick shout outs....

Havok- Thanks for putting up your house and having us there!

Rickety- Always great to have you show up! And you whooped my *** in Melee :chuckle:

Ghetto Soldier- We gotta team up again for sure!!! Sick Clutch btw against Ten Jumps!!!

Nyjin- Those were some krazy *** matches! GG's and I want a re-match on that!!!

Pnoy- Way to bring it home singles & doubles.

P.S.
Teach me your marth!!! LOL!

Also to everyone that showed up and brought there wii's and tv's to help make this event such a good one! See you guys for the next one!!!!

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Hey everyone! Decible and I had a blast, rolling in our 10 bucks from 3rd place in Doubles! :p

I'll be happy to bring myself and my Ike to the next tourney, although that'll be my last tournament for a month. I'm off to Vietnam for 4 weeks so all my Brawling time is gone to waste!

kyubikirby

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could have gone, but I had closing shift...

I should make it to the next one if I'm not too exhausted from EDC.

plus I want to try out my secret weapon.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts

Posted these on All is Brawl but if you don't visit there...

S6: You're a cool guy and I had a fun time with that close third match.
Siege: Good games, and it was pleasure meeting you.
Hall: You know I love you.
Wall-E: Thanks for the compliments on my ROB and yours is pretty good as well. Hope to see you at the next one.
Rey: Link ****! Good stuff dude!
Rickety: You and your turtles. Sooooo annoying. But thanks for the humbling beating.
Geo + S6: You guys scared me with your counterpick. Klaptraps are too vicious!
Havok + Tra: Way to bring it. For a team that didn't give a **** you guys did pretty well.
Pnoy + Maple: Two Marths?! ARGGGGGH!

And to everyone else I played, good games.

Hopefully next time I can get some more friendlies in there.

~ Oats.

noobmaster

Smash Apprentice

Havok: Vrooom Vrooom!!!! Thanks for hosting.
Rickety: Thanks for playing me in Melee... I'll get ur turtle next time.
Hall: I need more Snake practice.
Pnoy: Train my Marth.
Seige: Good stuff in teams(Melee)

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
Gomper

dayum that was a fun tourney. seriously didnt think i'd win singles and especially not doubles. GO ASIANS!
Shouteezies!:

Havok: thanks for havin us G. good hosting even though doubles shoulda been first!!! ^_~ still gotta play u too!

Hall n Oats: dang u guys are like the SICKEST! ur team names are always HIGH-LARIOUS and ur actual teaming is amazing. saw u guys sorta gettin frustrated when u killed eachother accidentally at times n it brought back memories of melee when i killed LHG like about 2 times a game in doubles xD. Gomper/Gordon/Goro/Goron + Zordon text tone FTW!

Kyle/Maple/NOOB GOOSE: thanks for teamin w/ me on short notice. that was some crazy comeback 2 sets from losers. cant believe we won it! sick chillin witcha too G.

Rick!: RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seige: SICK A$$ MUSIC. GO HIGHER TIER :lick:

Nick, Izzy, and Ghetto Sizzoldier: it was cool seein all yalls again and chillin witcha. u guys are TOO COOLIO!!!! nick-GO DEDEDE! (for me at least!) Izzy-ONLY ***S PLAY MARTH!!! Ghetto G-GET OFF MGS4!!! lol jk. and ur AMAZING at brawl :chuckle:

Qzzy: dude ur sheik is ****. ur kirby scares the shiggit outta me too. ur real good at brawl and i hope to see u at more tournies. definitely could place w/ ur skill.

San Marcos: I MISS YOU GUYS! :(

Fun tourney, cool times, good food after at POKEEZ or w/e it was called. Gonna suck not goin to nexus...whoever is, have fun and REPRESENT FOR SD!!!

Basic

Smash Cadet
Any vids?

Did anybody get the chance to record any of the matches? If so, could you post please? I'd like to see what I missed out on. Hopefully I can make it to the one on the 29th. :p

EDIT: I guess there ARE vids, I'll just wait for them. :p

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
yoshi dittos next week anyone (bring your best puns)

wow that was a great tourney, i had a lot of fun. everyone should expect rematches
havok: thank you for opening ur place for this
qzzy: sorry i couldnt team up with you but i had to leave early but theres always next week for doubles, we played some good matches ur sheik really tripped me out
nyjyn: i told u yoshi dittos are fun (making sounds and intercourse related puns is half the fun) good ike
hack: i finally played you (even though it was a free for all)
nicktendo(?): that diddy match was good, you just wouldnt go down
rey: that link surprised me a lot, expect a rematch
z3rr: those ddd vs pikachu matches were epic
oats and hall: havent played you guys yet, great job on doubles
congrats to the winners: pnoy hall rickety and danny as well as the doubles winners

...I wish your thread the best of luck, but the problem with the National City/South Bay smash scene is the lack of smashers able to host or find a venue.
yeah the curse is broken!

EDIT: see you all next week

Kirye

Smash Ace
Well, I lost pretty fast, but it was fun!

Me and Rey will be back next sunday, so be ready. =P I'm practicing my *** off til then.

I think ima lay off the Kirby and just stick to my main this time around. =\

Hall

Smash Ace
About THAT...

Did anybody get the chance to record any of the matches? If so, could you post please? I'd like to see what I missed out on. Hopefully I can make it to the one on the 29th. :p

EDIT: I guess there ARE vids, I'll just wait for them. :p
The videos are really gorgeous and high quality, until they start skipping for some reason. Oats has them on his computer and once I get copies on to mine we're gonna see what we can do to edit them.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
I'm making crappy flyers as we speak, any suggestions as to where I can put them up and attract some attention?

im going to gamestops, crazies, SWC i guess. Anything else I'm missing? Oh and ill show up at dave and busters to hand some out. lol

btw: good match kirye and rey. His link was something else lol I'll be practicing too!

Basic

Smash Cadet
I'm making crappy flyers as we speak, any suggestions as to where I can put them up and attract some attention?

im going to gamestops, crazies, SWC i guess. Anything else I'm missing? Oh and ill show up at dave and busters to hand some out. lol

btw: good match kirye and rey. His link was something else lol I'll be practicing too!

Only if you can spare gas, try spreading the word around UCSD maybe? That could work. And thanks Hall for that reply.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
Woh, yeah Supermario, definately loved those Yoshi dittos.

Just a note, if you ever play a Yoshi ditto against me beware of me making odd nosies while I spam my b-air. ;)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
yo guys, im Skyler I live in linda vista maybe you know me from like 2 brawl tournaments xD

Well im just saying whats up I mean Id like to play you guys outside of tournaments so I could get better but my parents wont let me go to other people houses.....

Tye132

Smash Rookie
Havok try throwing some down at Eastlake Gamestop and put it on the student Board at SWC most likley ppl will see it. I can help hand out some if you need me to.

Hall

Smash Ace
Ok, so about half of the videos are good, and the other half get cut off at some point. I haven't finished watching them all, but it looks like we'll only be able to post a few rounds and not the set for some.

TRA~

Smash Rookie
Ok, so about half of the videos are good, and the other half get cut off at some point. I haven't finished watching them all, but it looks like we'll only be able to post a few rounds and not the set for some.
aww that sucks, but hey it's better than none at all, these vids will also get more people to come hopefully.

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
yo guys, im Skyler I live in linda vista maybe you know me from like 2 brawl tournaments xD

Well im just saying whats up I mean Id like to play you guys outside of tournaments so I could get better but my parents wont let me go to other people houses.....
Message me some time and maybe we can play. I'm in La Mesa, just a few exists down from SDSU. If you're not too far and I got some free time, I'd be down too play. I really want some practice outside of tournaments also.

I really liked this tourney. Havok is awesome. Sorry i left early with my wii, but it seemed like not too many setups were going to be needed for doubles and i was getting a little tired. I'll be better rested next time. You guys were all pretty good.

Havok's brother (sorry, i forgot you name,) you're pretty good. I feel like your were going easy on me. You MK was pretty crazy.

Mario, maybe next time we can team. It's cool. I kind of lost momentum anyway. I was kind of relieved actually when you had to go. I made the offer and ended up being too tired at the end. oops

Wall-E - your ROB is really solid. Sorry to throw you (and everyone else) off by using shiek, lol.

Nick (I think), the match i had with you wore me out. DK vs. Kirby for third round? What's wrong with us?!

Izzy, I'm still pissed off at that foot stall spike.

pnoy, you're too nice. My sheik got wrecked by your Marth. I felt so stupid counter picking with Ike. I'm such a noob. I wasn't too sure about going to the next one, but after reading your encouragement i probably gonna go if i wake up early enough.

Everyone else; everyone was nice and chill. Yes. (!)

Hall

Smash Ace
Hopefully the video with Dreamhack and I made it?

*hopes*
The first round skips for about a second, but is otherwise great. The 2nd round is good, but the 3rd round gets cut off about halfway through the match.

Unfortunately Nicktendo vs Geo was waaay too choppy.

Some of P_Noy & MAPLE's doubles matches with Oats and I got cut off but we can salvage like a set and a half.

And the rest should be fine. The rest are as follows...

~ Hall vs Danny
~ Hall vs Rickety
~ Hall vs Pnoy
~ Rickety vs Havok
~ Rickety vs Oats
~ Rickety vs Pnoy
~ Siege vs Oats
~ Hall & Oats vs Geo & S6
~ Hall & Oats vs Tra & Havok

Oats and I are gonna work on them tonight once we get an editing program that isn't Windows Movie Maker. As for the clips that didn't make it, it's easier to blame Oats for everything.:bigthumbu

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Hopefully the video with Dreamhack and I made it?

*hopes*
The first round skips for about a second, but is otherwise great. The 2nd round is good, but the 3rd round gets cut off about halfway through the match.
AAWWW! That sucks! Well at least the 1st two are good..... Cause those matches were just too good Nyjin! Again GG's man and I want my re-match! LOL! :chuckle:

P.S
Thanks again Hall and Oats for recording and editing the matches we appreciate it!

Rickety

Peace and Love
And the rest should be fine. The rest are as follows...

~ Hall vs Rickety
~ Hall vs Pnoy
~ Rickety vs Havok
~ Rickety vs Oats
~ Rickety vs Pnoy
Eww! You got the bad videos!

I love Hall :]

This tournament was hot, but boy was it fun :]
I'm glad I was able to help, and even happier that everyone was kind enough to wait for me! :]

Real Shoutouts coming soon!

<3
rick(ety)

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
i dont really know if it matters but the 1st post is updated (date fee and link to AIB)
should i post past results on the second post since its a double post (the thread needed a bump in those days)

P.S.
I like that mario! The Curse is Broken! LOL! GG's too even though it was free for all?
yeah i guess it wasnt a free for all we did have 2 stocks left after the other guys got killed, anyways it was a good match no one expects a pikachu to give marth such a hard time specially when the match looks like a game of tennis

EDIT: rematch?

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Eww! You got the bad videos!

I love Hall :]

This tournament was hot, but boy was it fun :]
I'm glad I was able to help, and even happier that everyone was kind enough to wait for me! :]

Real Shoutouts coming soon!

<3
rick(ety)
We had to wait for you Rick we knew it wouldn't be a tournament if you didn't show! Too bad Bone couldn't come though..... :(

supermario27mx

Smash Ace
free copies?

i think my neighbor has a copy machine
my cousin bumped into her and she walked out with insurance copies of HIS (my cousin's) papers so as well as her own so i assume theres a xerox machine in there, and yes i can help you pass some of them arround

Too bad Bone couldn't come though...
i want bone to teach me peach since my peach sucks

EDIT: anyone doin anything this week

**Havok**

Smash Lord
sorry about that mario, i missed you today I have the flyer here now, I'm gonna change a few things. Can I have your number so I can contact you?

Lol funny thing, im anxiously waiting for sunday.
IM HUNGRY. ROAR.

Edit:

Yea im bored too so I'll share with you guys something that can, might, will say something about me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7wHOHYCdc

Hall

Smash Ace
Good news guys! Oats and I are almost done with the vids. Just a few more matches and all we have to do is upload them to Youtube. Furthermore I gotta say, there are some real good matches here.

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
that explains it...

Now I know why you use Misfits pictures to advertise the tourney.

Top Bottom