• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another sad Brawl-related story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Apprentice
Today, I'm doing my usual GameStop browsing. Just looking at some games for the PS3, GameCube and Wii. A preteen Wii fan asks about Brawl at the front counter and the clerk obviously knows nothing about video games. He said that there are only 23 characters in Brawl, which is a lie, and that it is the most advance fighting game right now, which is a lie (I'll leave that for another thread. Melee is better, Brawl has many flaws, like tripping, distracting music, ect). Anyway, I was tempted to correct his fatal error about Brawl only having 23 characters... But I held my tongue as I didn't want to be kicked out of yet another GameStop for speaking my mind.

Anyway, the kid preorders Brawl and begins to browse through games for the GameCube. He starts staring at Melee, and I realized that he was interested in it. I was so excited to see that the younger generation of gamers are still interested in quality games. I try to sell it to him, but can you blame me?

"Hey, I see you're looking at Melee. It's a great game. You can play it on your Wii."

"Yeah, that's why I'm interested in it. I even picked up a MadKatz controller and memory card to play GameCube games... But I'm getting Brawl."

"Brawl? It's a fine game, but Melee is superb. It is one of the most competitive games of all time, hands down. The only drawback about it is the items, but those can easily be disabled."

"Can I play online though?"

"Sadly no, but you are gretting Brawl and if online play is that important for you, get both. It should be a law to miss out on the excellence that is Melee."

"You're a good salesman. Haha. I'm kidding. Well, is it really as good as you say it is?"

Here, I tell a lie. But.... it was the only way I could get this kid to get Melee.

"Of course, it even has more characters than Brawl. Remember, the clerk said Brawl has 23 characters. Melee has more than that."

"Wow that's ********. Why would Nintendo downgrade the Smash Bros series?"

"I don't know, but trust me. You'll love Melee!"

I was so excited to see him cancel his preoder and pick up Melee instead. Everyone here knows that he'll enjoy Melee over Brawl (tripping, moving levels, distracting music, ect).

If you're wondering why this is a good thing, think about it. The less preteens and amateurs playing Brawl online, the better. I want Brawl to do great, but I want it to be a hardcore tournament game. I will always prefer Melee though.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Undercover melee>brawl post ftl.
Ps. your story sucked.

antimatter

Smash Lord
you...you... i cant say. i dont want to be warned for flaming, though you deserve it. this kid wanted the best the game series had to offer, and you ruined his chances. how could you? i hope you wont be able to sleep at night knowing you are in fact a jerk who hates people having fun. and dont give me that noob crap. everyone deserves a chance to play brawl.

Smash Apprentice
Why bash me? By making it so less amateurs buy Brawl, I am helping cleanse the online play so there can be more competitive matches. That's not a bad thing at all.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
That story really was terrible. Also no offense but I really hate people who don't like younger kids playing games. Games are for everyone and how do you know hes gonna suck if he plays Brawl?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, I'll spare you more flaming by closing this. You're welcome.

Your last "story" was closed...so you shouldn't be surprised, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom