• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This Is Srz Business

xjasonlee

Smash Rookie
If you are Olimar, and you are getting edgeguarded, hitting the opponent with a PURPLE PIKMEN from the Up-B will spike them downwards.

EDIT: YOU HERD IT FROM ME FIRST. I kid

Cinder

Smash Master
I knew I saw him spike...:laugh:...glad I came across this thread...now I know I'm not insane :D

Oh, btw, it's Pikmin, not Pikmen...Pikmen is the name of the club that supported Olimar since before he was confirmed...they now run the P&O finder, methinks...

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: YOU HERD IT FROM ME FIRST.
*heard
but anyway, settle down now. Seeing as you have 2 posts unless your first post was saying that olimar's UP+B spikes then you're not the first sorry :ohwell: search function does good things

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
And, it takes the Opponent off the Edge in time to Grab it? Or you kill him and yourself?

xjasonlee

Smash Rookie
And, it takes the Opponent off the Edge in time to Grab it? Or you kill him and yourself?
You both die, but it's better than nothing.

*heard
but anyway, settle down now. Seeing as you have 2 posts unless your first post was saying that olimar's UP+B spikes then you're not the first sorry :ohwell: search function does good things
I've only had success with spiking with the purple pikmin, and I'm telling you why it spikes.

crrect speling iz srz bzness bcaz the internetz izso srsz

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Sweet! I knew there had to be a way to counter such a terrible quality.

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
How are the invincibiliy frames in brawl? I'm just concerned that if its timed badly that you might not knock them off the edge and fall to your death.

xjasonlee

Smash Rookie
The invincibility frames are quite similar to Melee (regarding the Edge) and if you have the maximum amount or close to the maximum amount of "Pik"min", it'll be quite easy to hit them because of the range and fast speed of activation.

And yes, if you fail to hit them, you will fall and die.

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
I dont mind if you want to give info and help the olimar community out but seriously "i foundz it first" mentality is just a little overboard

If it hits a person while holding onto the ledge then that can be helpful and explains that time where sum1 claimed to avoid an edgehog by UP+B'ing at the right drop zone since it wont autoseek the ledge. Also when you say purple pikmin is olimar holding the purple pikmin because the pikmin he is holding is claimed to be the one that affects his UP+B rather than the one that touches the opponent.

xjasonlee

Smash Rookie
I dont mind if you want to give info and help the olimar community out but seriously "i foundz it first" mentality is just a little overboard

If it hits a person while holding onto the ledge then that can be helpful and explains that time where sum1 claimed to avoid an edgehog by UP+B'ing at the right drop zone since it wont autoseek the ledge. Also when you say purple pikmin is olimar holding the purple pikmin because the pikmin he is holding is claimed to be the one that affects his UP+B rather than the one that touches the opponent.
Sorry, no, its the one that touches the opponent that causes the effect. An opponent can touch the middle of the UP+B line of Pikmin and get burned/shocked.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I knew I saw him spike...:laugh:...glad I came across this thread...now I know I'm not insane :D

Oh, btw, it's Pikmin, not Pikmen...Pikmen is the name of the club that supported Olimar since before he was confirmed...they now run the P&O finder, methinks...

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOU. These people need to learn Pikmin is the plural of Pikmin. Like sheep, deer, and whale.

And yes cool find.

Top Bottom