• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DDD dminishing returns

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Ive got 3 papers due tomorrow, so i wont really be able to participate in this discussion today.

But i want you all to Look at this thread. and ask yourselves what this could mean for DDD.

obviously this would have an effect on his minions, but do they all count as one, or would guederos (black spiky ball things) not be affected?

also, I was planning to try to use this tech to replace DDD's Fair with the Bair,
not a good idea anymore... except perhaps so? perhaps even if the Knockback on the Bair was reduced it would allow for an off-the-stage WOP?

Other effects/things to consider?

discuss.

CO18

Smash Hero
Wow this is really crazy. I am extremely happy because this will make brawl much more competitve.

xigon

Smash Apprentice
Could you elaborate more on the subject because I understand 0% now...

EdSam

Smash Cadet
Yea, I was thinking about this, too. Maybe we could use the Bair as an approach and damage builder and then KO with a fair, fsmash, or w/e.
The new discovery about diminishing returns is realllllllly dissapointing, I was looking forward to using DDD's Bair as his all purpose, go-to move and a KOer. But I don't think that's possible anymore :[

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
I like not being able to spam. to ask what move is best for a given situation considering what moves i have already used how much.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Comboing is better and KOing is harder if you spam the moves. It makes you have to switch things up and I don't see how it could possibly be bad unless you only know how to press one button.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELLMKNiLC3w
Look at 2:24

DDD almost kills sonic with an Usmsh at 88%, he keeps trying to get the KO with the same move, but really doesnt have make much progress with the Usmash kill even at 128%.
but when he tries the Fair which he hasnt used yet, sonic goes flying. and i had considered the Fair to be one of hes weaker moves when it comes to knockback.

Top Bottom