• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of New Techniques/Discoveries (Updated 3.17.08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damax

Smash Lord
I truely don't know what is wrong with that I stated. The discription of a character helps some with the techniques and what I stated were techniques. JC shine is still in and helps with combos, shinespike is still in, momentum still stops when shined, and try to read slower.

Plus, paragraphs are used to show a different idea, but it was all one idea. I don't need a paragraph and it was explaing techs.

I'm not trying to be insulting or anything, but it is just some techs I found, realized, noticed, and saw before.
I'm not trying to be insulting, but it's a new technique thread. Anyone that isn't completly smash ******** would have known these for years.

Momentum still stops when shined? wow its kinda obvious since it shine spikes you. But I guess what you really meant is ; using the reflector in the air slow your fall... but yeah that was also well known. I don't think the op wanna keep an eye on all the small character techs specially returning ones.

hmm I wonder how you discript a character though... you'll have to teach me...

massimo009

Smash Cadet
if you dou pikachu's down a while he's blancing on the edge and another person is recovering 80% of the time that person gets meteor smashed down. Great thing about it is it takes priority over alot of character's recovery moves

S2

Smash Lord
Adi needs to either update this thing or someone in the SBR needs to put out a new updated thread and sticky it.

Because this already over a month "out of date" and little things here and there are being lost in a stream of individual topics.

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
...someone in the SBR needs to put out a new updated thread and sticky it.
That "someone" is me. I'm currently working on a NEW comprehensive guide to AT's, discoveries, and glitches, which is taking a hell of a long time to write. Currently a work in progress, you'll see it on the front page soon. Don't forget to give feedback and tell me what I missed! I am dedicated to keeping it current. After all, somebody has to keep a record of this stuff.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Adi needs to either update this thing or someone in the SBR needs to put out a new updated thread and sticky it.

Because this already over a month "out of date" and little things here and there are being lost in a stream of individual topics.
Give him some time, I bet he's busy.

Dragonslayer9

Smash Cadet
Pit infinite combo, and possible infinite combo for characters with rapid hits.

This worked online, with my cousin playing a team match, he was Pit and the person he did it on was right by the wall (he was Dedede) He did that sword spin thing then he ended up doing it non-stop until eventually he quit doing it.

Villi

Smash Lord
Forgive me if this has been posted already, but it's not in the main post. I didn't discover it as I've seen it posted once or twice, but I believe it's true for at least Peach as I've tested it against Samus's F-Smash.

Peach's fair has a small bit of forward momentum, and it'll save you 2-3% of knock back from the center of final destination if you DI and tap C-Stick toward the stage a couple of times. Dair also works in a similarly minute way to prevent KO's over the top. Every little bit helps when you don't want to die. ^^

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x8wygkxDyI

Just a question about this vid with fox-trot cancelling.

He seems to be able to immediately dash the other way during the fox trot after a few trots.

I wonder if it's possible (Or if people are already) to say do a couple of fox trots back and then forward again to emulate the amount of spacing dashdancing gave you in melee.

metroid1117

Smash Master
You might want to mention that some characters have IASA frames during landing lag. NoValombardia said that SamuraiPanda (?) posted that already, but I couldn't find his post or in this guide.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Very nice collection, now that the metagame is evolving and new things are being discovered.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
The OP has not updated this for far too long, so I've stickied a new thread that will hopefully be updated at a better rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom