• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wario Technique- Motor Mouth(Pretty Much Debunked)

NintendoFan963

Smash Cadet
Apparently, by eating items, the charge of Wario's vB increases. As I've noticed from live streams, Wario is able to eat his bike whole. This gave me the idea for Wario players to quickly get on and off the bike, then continue by eating the bike, increasing his waft at greater speeds.

*UPDATE*- Ok, in the following video, at two different times, you can clearly see Wario lift up and devour his bike whole. Wario used an uncharged waft during the video at about 1:35. He proceeds to die, then eat his bike soon after returning. His waft became fully charged around 3:30 or so, which would be about the normal time it takes to fully charge his waft. I knew that when Wario dies while his waft is fully charged, it remains fully charged. I then watched another video and confirmed that dying has no affect on the charge of the waft, whether it's fully charged or not. So this pretty much confirms that at least eating his bike has little or no affect on how quickly Wario's waft charges.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gtPHYMo6O-w

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Motor Mouth eh? I like the name! Now of course it would be best to hit your opponent with the bike before you get off so you have a lil sec to actually, you know... eat it.

(There was a guy that ate bikes and planes, I think he's in the Guiness book or something)

UBSmashPrez

Smash Apprentice
I've played Wario for about 8 hours the last few days, but I'm pretty sure this isn't true. But I am willing to test it out. I can give you guys a report in another day or two.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I know for a fact that it is possible for Wario to eat his own bike, but I've only seen him do it when another character throws it at him.

I was watching a live feed once, two Japanese players using Wario in a 1 vs 1 match. The P1 Wario rode his bike over to the other one and jumped off it. The P2 Wario picked up his bike and threw it at him, and the P1 Wario ate it whole. He then did a double jump and farted, star KOing himself.

It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

Another thing worth considering: It's been proven that Wario can eat small items like capsules when they're lying on the ground. When Wario's bike explodes, little pieces of it go flying everywhere. If you can't eat the whole bike, you can probably eat these little bits instead.

Food for thought. *haha, oh I'm so witty!*

Neoriceisgood

Smash Cadet
Hahah wow, I was watching a Wario video, and after using his Bite attack to eat a few of luigi's fire missiles I noticed that his vB charged notably faster than expected; I decided to look on this board to see if this could explain a deeper/better use of some of his B moves;

I found this thread not only as a nice confirmation of this tactic, which really makes two of his B moves far more usefull, but it incorperates him losing his bike nad it lingering around suprisingly well with it, I'm guessing most of his B moves may be a lot less random when you think about how well they complement eachother.

UBSmashPrez

Smash Apprentice
By the way, I threw a party ball today, let it float up in the air for a few seconds, and as it made the sound to open up, I ate it. It was hilarious.

UBSmashPrez

Smash Apprentice
Okay, tested it out.

Looks like eating any items has little to no effect on the charge. It's POSSIBLE that the larger farts charge faster, but definitely not the initial ones. I went in training mode and ate every item in the game in groups of about 8 each or so, then farted. Every time I got the weakest attack. Don't have enough time to clock out and see if the later stages of the attack charge up faster. I think wario also shines or looks slightly different when he has his absolutely full fart, but in 4 life stock matches I've never been alive long enough to use it. Most of the time I get the second to most powerful version, which can KO around 100%.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
There's videos where Wario is fully charged; he starts flashing red. Looks pretty scary if you ask me, and it seems too much of a dead giveaway for the opponent. It just screams "GET AWAY!" Kind of stinks that it's so obvious, but whatever.

Shuyin

Smash Cadet
Maybe if he eats energy projectiles? If he eats a full Samus charge shot or PK Flash, perhaps it'll change? Can anyone test to see if actual projectiles work?

UBSmashPrez

Smash Apprentice
From what I've seen, energy projectiles don't work. I'll have to check out stuff like turnips later, pretty sure he eats those but dont know how they affect his fart power.

Shuyin

Smash Cadet
From what I've seen, energy projectiles don't work. I'll have to check out stuff like turnips later, pretty sure he eats those but dont know how they affect his fart power.
Haha. It'd be funny if he gained fart power only by eating edible items. (Turnips, Tomatoes, Curry, etc.)

UBSmashPrez

Smash Apprentice
It makes sounds differently depending on what he eats. Eating most types of foods and ... some items.. makes a funny gurgling sound, perhaps there IS a releation, but I am still pretty unsure.

Paxz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xyxura
Wow this thread is really interesting, something to really dig out here. Nice work UB, hope you givel us more info about this soon.

e319

Smash Apprentice
Holy Crap... Wario is freekin cool, and weird. Can wait to try him out

Shuyin

Smash Cadet
Perhaps it says something on his trophy? Has anyone gotten all his trophies?

Erm....do trophies even detail attacks anymore?

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
I saw a video of Wario eating Luigi's fireballs. His Waft charged REALLY quickly when he ate those. But he still took fireball dmg.

NintendoFan963

Smash Cadet
I saw a video of Wario eating Luigi's fireballs. His Waft charged REALLY quickly when he ate those. But he still took fireball dmg.

I assume your talking about this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KNO4aY7vbyM

If you watch it closely, wario wafts at 1:00, which means he begins to charge a new one. Whether or not he actually heats those fireballs(kind of hard to tell if he eats them or if he is just hit by them) his waft becomes fully charged at about 2:54, which is again the normal amount of time it takes to fully charge his waft.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
lmao, this is something I never expected to hear on smashboards. I should sig this :chuckle:

Top Bottom