• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I found this over at BC

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I found it rather confusing and kinda unbelievable, but the way it was presented, and how random it was, not to mention the vagueness, there may be something in it that holds truth.

Nintendude said:
First off, let’s explain what it is I’m doing here.

I was added to Nintendo of America’s team of marketing just a few months ago and one of my first major projects was related to Super Smash Bros Brawl. I got to take a look at the game as part of my research, and it is fantastic. For those who are with me in the states who have yet to get the game, I’ve noticed you’re not too happy about character inclusions. Many notable characters do not appear at all in Brawl (not even as an Assist Trophy or trophy) as some may have noticed through “leaks” from Japan. There is a very good, and I repeat, very good reason for that. No, it’s not because of downloadable content. There will be no downloadable content system. It is the same reason many characters were left out of Melee, but this reason is also not due to time constraints. It was done on purpose for what I think is an absolutely brilliant strategy.

What do I mean by all this? Well, it’s part of my next major project for the company. There will be a big campaign for Nintendo for a brand new revolutionary technology we’re planning for release for the Wii console next year that will be announced in the coming months, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be the first game directly tied in with it. Consider this a “preliminary heads-up” and realize that Nintendo will utilize this technology to give the game what Melee did not have: time. It’s not what you may think it is; in fact, I don’t think anyone will be expecting it. Oh, and Brawl is not the only game that will support this new technology in the future. It was not made for Brawl, but the two are very closely tied. Signs that it is coming should start showing up this Spring. Expect big things.

What do you think it could mean, what type of technology and what reason is he talking about, if this is indeed real. I'm not going to believe anything till I hear more on the subject from Nintendo, but I will keep my ears open to any new development.

*Update*
He posted a second post, still sounds fishy, but I'm desperate enough at this point to somewhat cling to it.
The points he makes is intriguing. Please speculate on this rather than just saying he's fake and bashing...

Nintendude said:
Some points I'd like to make and more information....

1. How do you know I wasn’t ASKED to do this on purpose for marketing purposes? I’m not that stupid.
2. Most of the characters to be released don't already exist in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, Boss, Trophy, etc.
3. If you need evidence, wait until late March/early April. There will be post-Brawl polls on the Nintendo website after the release asking what people liked and didn’t like about Brawl. Europe will also get these polls once the game is released.
4. Characters will not be the only new factors put in.
5. The characters have not been implimented based on any fan polls or desires; the staff chose them based on their own criteria.

If you want further proof, I've noticed some clever people have found traces of additional characters in the encoding. Some of those characters will be additional costumes, others will be fully playable. Most of them are costumes/alternate characters.

That's all I know of for now.
Update #2

Nintendude said:
I guess I should break the silence...

I don't think I was clear on #2. Don't expect any of the characters being implimented to have any sort of prominence or even appearance in Brawl period. The goal is to include characters and costumes that were barely or never seen in Brawl. Probably the largest role any of the characters have in Brawl as it stands now is a trophy. Sorry, Ridley and Isaac fans, it's not looking good. Same with 3rd party characters: don't expect any to come out of this, as it requires a lengthy process with constant communication, etc.
Looks like if this is true, no new 3rd party, and my most wanted and gonna be main character has no hope T_T
I guess I can always pull for Felix, but it just isn't the same.

Kn1ght Of Cydonia

Smash Rookie
Can't really interpret anything out of that aside from hype...

Personally, I think it may be one more thing to look forward to this year from Nintendo. Not many people may agree with this, but I believe they'll announce a new handheld sometime this year that will launch at the end of '09 (five years after the DS). So any big announcement like that or on top of that would be great.

Maybe it has to do with user developed content?

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Proof of where this was found? Outside of BrawlCentral. Otherwise, it can be dismissable easily.

The internet lets people lie. Hell, THE INTERNET IS A LIE.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Well, he is attempting to hype something up... That's a marketing strategy, and he is claiming to be a marketer... I don't know maybe.

Spring is only a few months away so I'll be looking out for some "big things". Not going to get my hopes up though.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
sounds fake, but after that nyaseya crap, I have no idea what to disbelieve at this point.

So I'm at least taking it with a grain of salt.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
maybe.....Super Smash DS that works with Brawl!?!?!

it would be pretty awesome

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
Could be real, but could easily not. I suggest we forget about it so we don't get too hyped up in case it doesn't turn out to be true... then if it does we can be very happy.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I believe Nintendo is creating a time machine because he clearly says that Nintendo is giving Brawl time unlike Melee.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
I don't beleive it.

It sounds like someone who is just annoyed with all the anti brawl posts, so he's posting some good news to shut people up.

I hope i'm wrong though.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
After I was proven horribly wrong about R.O.B., and the 35 character roster, I don't know what to believe anymore.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Instead of just screaming fake, does anyone have any input on what he might actually be talking about? We know there's no solid evidence, etc, but what would a post like this actually be implying?

D

Deleted member

Instead of just screaming fake, does anyone have any input on what he might actually be talking about? We know there's no solid evidence, etc, but what would a post like this actually be implying?
You've come to the wrong place for intelligent discussion.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
I believe Nintendo is creating a time machine because he clearly says that Nintendo is giving Brawl time unlike Melee.
Haha, that was my first thought too. Sakurai can now travel back in time with a finished product and replace the old game. Then all of our copies will instantly transform to ones that have larger rosters and we will forget about the 35-man roster.

Seriously though...this is a very odd way to appease fans if it is even true. Especially fans who haven't even played the game yet.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
If it\'s real then it sounds fantastic but it also sounds to good to be true but we\'ll have to wait and see

AlbinoMonk

Smash Cadet
I see a few possibilities for this, each one as crazy as the last (especially number 3, I just made that one up)

1) Someone's just lying to make us happy, then hyped, then disappointed (but by the time we're disappointed, we have brawl, so it's all good)

2) Whatever it is, it's real. Cool.

3) Its a precursor to an alien invasion. Get out the foil hats.

4) Maybe the guy's telling what he thinks is the truth, but Nintendo is being really smoke-and-mirrors about the whatever it is, and it turns out to be like, the Wheel for Mario kart Wii.

I'm leaning towards number 2.

Ekul

Smash Journeyman
Oh right. I forgot about this. See, computing companies are keeping it under raps, it's crazy how revolutionary it is...

It's called...

THE LANDMASTER DRIVE

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd like to believe this I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.

Nothing solid was put forth, and I see no advantage to believe this claim. If it is true and I didn't originally believe it to be so, it won't matter since it would be added regardless. :p

pmak187

Smash Cadet
if it were true, it sounds like some sort of expansion pack. I don't believe that has been done yet for consoles. Just think of what broodwar did for starcraft.

I'm also going to take this "with a grain of salt" but I wouldn't through this out of the realm of possibility, even if he is simply trying to generate hype.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
even if it is official, either nintendo, or just the hype ball itself ends up turning something that sounds totally awesome into something this is still mind blowing, but somehow not what you expected/hoped for.

aka Revolution becomes Wii

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Oh man I so very much hope this man speaks the truth, because K. Rool not even being included as an Assist Trophy baffles and infuriates me to no end.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
BRING BACK TEH MAJINNECRO SSBB LEAK THREAD!
is what i would say if this had something to do with a leak. But it doesn't and like everybody here, I will say, take it with a grain of salt.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Wii's DL games ( I.E. WiiWare ) starts in spring....

...wait...

Final Fantasy's Crystal Cronacals ( WiiWare )is slated for Spring...

OH HOLY SNAPS WITH BUCKETS!!!!

ninjitsian

Smash Rookie
what do they mean by giving brawl time unlike melee? it makes no sense. even though he may be marketing for noa, wouldnt he get fired for leaking info like that?

Top Bottom