• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab fakes

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Jab Fakes:
Most characters can do this. We know the spacies can't. How it works:
Jab once of twice, and during the last few frames of the second jab, you can shield quickly (Press the button, the shield shouldn't appear) and break it into either another jab, tilt, smash jump, grab or roll. People likeIke, and DeDeDe use this to it's maximum potential.

found here

... just thought id throw that out there.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Interesting... So A--aSC ((lowercase = pressed quickly) Shield Cancel) - D-Smash would work? I can imagine Dedede's taps would be good for stunning, and seeing as the first jab ends fast Shield Canceling into his D-Smash could be very powerful. Especially around 50% damage where a tap is enough to lift and the D-Smash can deal some heavy knock-back on an already airborne character.

Shweex

Smash Cadet
I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a while now and I'm not really sure. What exactly is "once of twice"? As in strike 1 time out of a possible 2? Most characters that can use this have 3 strikes... and also, it says to shield after the 2nd attack, so how could I jab only "once" of twice?

I've been trying it with DDD and I really can't tell if it exists or if I'm just doing it wrong. It seems like even if I don't shield, the 3-jab combo ends just as fast as it would if I did a jab fake.

A,A,shield at last few frames of last A, ftilt?
Could anyone maybe explain this a little better?

Top Bottom