• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Advance Tech: Pit's Wing Cancel

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Pit is the new Peach, lol.

While screwing around trying to find new ATs yesterday night at my friend Justin's house(brawl owener), we found something very spammable for Pit.

We called it the Wing Cancel because it's very similar looking to Peach's FloatCancel:

Jump, and as soon as you leave the ground(like a wavedash): UpB, Then quickly do any aerial and fastfall.

What will end up happening is that Pit will shoot just slightly into the air and the aerial will cancel out the UpB in a way that you could literally "Wing Cancel"

It's hot.

On another note:

Shiek could Nair into grab.

Rob could "Wing cancel" in a way too with his UpB but it's slower. More like a faster SHFFL for him.

Bowser's suicide tactic makes fighting him near ledges extremely scary in stock matches.

Marth's and Lucas's Fairs are kind of like Shiek's old fair if sweetspotted/tipped.

We haven't unlocked alot of chars yet.

We think the way to make yourself trip is to dashdance then duck while dashing out.(iffy)

Bowser's Fair ends before he hits the ground.

Peach groundgame is insane.

Link's Bombs give a bit more hitstun after hitting than before.(iffy)

Link's Bombs kill upwards if opponent is bubbled up top at around 40%(vs peach though lol)

Um, I really can't think of anything else atm. I'll update if anything. And by the way, I know I could have posted this on Noir's AT discussion but I wanted to advice the community seperately.

EDIT: I called him this morning and told him if we could try to implement crawling as a dodging mauever in a way. Like quickly crawling backwards to make an opponent wiff. We're not sure if itll work though because from what we've seen a couple of chars crawl pretty slow. If anyone else can try this out before we can tonight, please do so and get back to me.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I think I saw a video where both Ice Climbers could hold on to a ledge at once, and their Belay causes whichever Ice Climber to reach the ledge first to pull up the other one. Please test these two things.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
I cannot understand why people are so eager to discover advanced techniques and publicise them on forums. Surely it'd be better to keep them to yourself, perfect them, then utilise them for an advantage at the first Brawl tournaments?

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
Because people (a) want to name things and (b) want to convince people (and themselves) that SSBB will not suck competitively. Publicizing new ATs is one way of doing this.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Besides, nothing will suck worse than thinking you discovered an amazing AT, and then when you go to a tournament and use it, you do it badly and end up screwing yourself over.
Then someone realizes how to do it, does it awesomely, and then the move is named after that player.
=P Its always better to SPREAD knowledge.
-DD

S2

Smash Lord
Sounds like a really useful technique. I like how you can do it with ROB too.

Also, I approve that your naming it something logical instead of just calling it a ____ cancel. The ____ being your name.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well, most techs that have an actual player's name in them were not named by that player. They were named after that player (like Ken comb, Isai drop, ect.) I particularly like this name.

Can't wait to start doing WC Bairs with Pit.

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
to be honest, I don't see it's actual use. You fly up, do an aerial, and land. You can do the same thing with just jumping. Landing lag from an aerial isn't canceled at all either because of the float.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Because people (a) want to name things and (b) want to convince people (and themselves) that SSBB will not suck competitively. Publicizing new ATs is one way of doing this.
QFT. That is so truthful.

Lance87

Smash Lord
Memphis/Millington --- Runaway 7 till I die.
I cannot understand why people are so eager to discover advanced techniques and publicise them on forums. Surely it'd be better to keep them to yourself, perfect them, then utilise them for an advantage at the first Brawl tournaments?
We don't sit around and research stuff like this so we can have a "secret weapon." Most of us like to contribute to the community, making it a better game in the long run. If you're someone who's really competitive with friends but don't frequent tournaments I can see why someone would do that, but I doubt tourney-goers would do that. If you don't post it up, someone else will.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
do you think you could get a vid of it up? that would lend a lot of credence to your tech's amount of usefulness.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
So this is quite a bit quicker than SH aerials then right? If so I'm quite happy. I had theorized this was possible but was unsure. It sounds really fun.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
i have not been able to get this to work at all, i just end up doing a horrible aerial and landing on the ground with a lot of lag. i NEED to see a video please thanks

Top Bottom