• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Noir's Advance Technique/Reseach and Discussion.

DBurke

Smash Cadet
I'm going to add to your woes and double post here lol.

I was on subject when I said that I didn't agree with the thread. You got off topic when you said you didn't agree with my post. At least I was talking about the thread right? You didn't need to play hero of thread and start trying to flame me to no avail. And the whole idea of a forum and threads are to express opinions. Getting upset and flaming someone for doing so is very childish. I think you should take a moment and reflect. Hopefully you'll understand that. After your first response I went and read through a good part of the thread and it is better than I thought but the first post and few pages were what I was really referring to. But you do what you like. To each his own.
Thanks for noting that I indeed helped people become more active in the actual topic of the thread. I'm going to stop posting for now, because I swear to god if I read another argument that isn't relevant or is just plain stupid I think I'm going to cry and lose all faith for this forum.

btw, if what I posted in response to your "on-topic" post was about your topic, which it was, then that makes my post "on-topic". Although, neither were...

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Please, lets get back on track.

When I post this I am not asking for an argument and I am not asking for someone to respond. This is an "Advanced Tech" thread, not somewhere to complain. I would like if when reading posts I could get some form of information, not a headache. I am asking you all if we could drop the name thing and get back to posting about advanced techs or at least something different then complaining.

Something that I think you should all understand is that arguing will not decide the name for this technique. Call it what you will and in time a name will be decided (I'm sure everyone will know what you're talking about), complaining will not have any impact...its just going to clog this thread.

GameSlave7

Smash Rookie
Well this looks like a good place to start looking for techniques when I finally get my hands on Brawl. Aside from the occasional arguments, this seems to be the thread getting the most accomplished. /subscribed

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this counts as an advanced technique but I think it's certainly something to look into:
Itakio said:
Take a look at about 1: 33 in this video. Bowser does a down smash which is normally very low in lag but instead falls backwards off of the ledge in the middle of the down smash.

So, what does this mean? Well, for one thing it's great for smashes with high lag time afterward. And something else is that when combined with the new waveland feature recently discovered, it can be used by almost anyone, anywhere.

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
OoNoiRoO, any chance that you're working on some more videos?

You're still the best Brawl player I've seen so far - I'd love to see more. :)

Jeanko

Smash Rookie
krell in case u havent heard almost every serious smash gamer alrdy has it so these techs are testing straight from actual gameplay....

tect

Smash Journeyman
Ever heard of constructive criticism? Lol. I read the first post and skimmed the others. The info here is in a lot of other threads so its not like this one is god. And simply learning of the existence of a mechanic that is not obvious and then slapping "advanced technique" on it is not discovering anything. Advanced play is not calling everything a technique or coining names. Its about learning the game and parts of the game that others wont even bother to and utilizing that. The use of the word advanced technique is almost becoming as ridiculously over rated (by scrubs mostly and pros as well) as wave dashing.

Brawl goes beyond techniques which is where I see it shining leagues beyond Melee. An in depth character mechanic and discussion would be much better since techniques that work for some characters are not universal this time around like L-canceling and wave dashing were. The way an advanced player plays with one character may have a ton of little "techniques" and strategies that would never be used with another character or possibly even another player since characters are just that deep this time. Where as in Melee there was almost one way to play every character. I see the character guides for Brawl taking on more of a general strategy/esoteric info role rather than a "how to play"

My point, rather than trying to find advanced techniques, learn the mechanics whether that be doing the exact same thing under a different moniker or stopping and just playing a match and watching the details
see, the problem here is that only a handful of people have the game. so ironing out the inner workings of the game and all of its complexities as you might like to do seems somewhat difficult

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hey, Ive got a question about the jumping pivot... or whatever the hell its being called.

is there a way to do this in the air mid jump? or can it only be done once from the ground.

I ask this because DDD's Bair is much faster then his Fair.
if there was a way for him to continue chaseing an opponet with his Bair, he could WOP. or at least hit someone while beneath the stage without worring about the extra lag from the Fair.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
If multi-jumps still turn around, then you could theoretically jump backwards then haul the stick back over for the forward movement/bair. Gotta have those crazy fast hands for that.

Edit: Or to be slightly less crazy in the tech department, reverse jump from the ground, so you're backwards, then just make sure you return to center before pushing the jump button so you don't turn back around. Yeah, that'll do, and and isn't as difficult. Learning both and then mixing them up as necessary would be a good option too.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
The game is out !
I'm about 90% sure that float canceling is when you jump, then press down with the analog stick to stop your upward momentum. As a result, you float about 2 feet up from the ground, where you can do aerials as you please at ground height, until your float dissipates at least.

You can do that in brawl :|

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The game is out !
I'm about 90% sure that float canceling is when you jump, then press down with the analog stick to stop your upward momentum. As a result, you float about 2 feet up from the ground, where you can do aerials as you please at ground height, until your float dissipates at least.

You can do that in brawl :|
That's not float canceling.

Float canceling, is doing an aerial with Peach during a float and then landing. It cancels all the lag from the aerial and just leaves you with the default landing lag (about 3 or 4 frames). That no longer works in brawl, it's just that Peach has very little aerial lag now.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
You should edit the reverse jump entry as it misrepresents the true game mechanics. You are not using your forward momentum at all. Rather, from the standing position, or even with horizontal ground momentum, one can jump and instantly change momentum by smashing the control stick in the appropriate direction.

I know this is the case because I've tested it and while running forward I was able to immediately jump backwards as though I was doing a jump backwards from the standing position.

Sarijy

Smash Apprentice
This may be a stupid question that someone has already asked.
I've been practicing with Toon Link and when you dash forward you get a slight boost to your speed. Is it possible to dash and stop repetitively to move faster then running? The only backdrop I could see is the increased tripping.

Top Bottom