• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neat new trick with G&W

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
G&W's UAir move looks the same in Melee, but now, anyone above him that's too far away to get hit with the actual attack is actually blown upwards by a strong wind force. I used this to stop Link and Sonic's DAir's even - they dive down quickly, but I used the UAir and they were blown back up into the air. Another time, I was able to keep Jiggly Puff from EVER landing when she was in a free-fall state, I could just stall her by blowing her back in the air forever.

Couple other changes (may have been mentioned elsewhere):

- Neutral B fires multiple types of food now, not just bacon.
- Neutral A in the air now is a fish bowl instead of parachute.
- Up+B has more horizontal movement, and at the top of it G&W opens a parachute (does no damage) that he can then glide down with. He can cancel the chute and attack too, but can't use Up+B again until he lands after this.
- Down Smash is no longer weird like in Melee, where it would do nothing at all until a certain damage percent then be really powerful. It acts like any other DSmash now. His DTilt was slightly nerfed in power though.

Other than that, as far as I could tell he is exactly the same, but I didn't play him too much.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen one, but then I haven't bothered going and watching videos when my friend has the game right here :).

VDZ

Smash Apprentice
Nice new find.
DTilt has been changed completely; it now knocks the opponent to the side instead of up, and people say it has more range now.

Top Bottom