• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's confirmed Move List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Okay, as one of the premiere denizens of the Melee Ness boards I am officially making the switch to the Brawl Ness boards. Let's get this started.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=E_z2iunlD9M
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GAU1cSkE8T8
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sQHw8TylNvI
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwxyKdCZYM&feature=user

Ness gameplay 1:25 onward until end of event match.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UI0hWkfjFJM&feature=user
1:25>

Okay, here's what we've seen of Ness so far.

U-air: Quite frankly looks the same as Melee. It doesn't hit anybody, so we can't say any more than that.

Jab: Seems a little faster than Melee Ness.

Dash Attack: Seems to have knockback about similar to Melee. Multiple hits with different types of knockback. Close up hits seem to hit far and away, haven't seen a clean hit with the last hitbox, so can't tell if it does the same popup as Melee.

Nair: It seems to be about as fast as the Melee version, range is unclear. Looks same as Melee.

Bair - 8-?%: Hard to tell, isn't used often. Does it have the killing potential of Melee? Only time will tell. The 8% I saw definitely wasn't sweetspotted.

Dair: The hitbox seems to have the same 'stay out for ****ing ever' effect that we know and love, and it seems to have a LOT less lag. Anyone tell me if I'm wrong? Target test video, about halfway through.

Fair: Looks about the same as Melee, seems to have multiple hits, and might have an interesting trajectory. Requires more video or specific testing.

PK Fire: IT HAS PILLAR! THANK GOD! Okay, it looks about the same as Melee, but again, we've only seen it hit straightforward against a tiny player.

PK Flash: Hard to tell, it seems to be much much lower and faster than in Melee, but we've only seen a completely uncharged version.

F-smash: Looks like 64 version crossed with Melee. Hard to tell because Melee version had an invisible tipper. Damage is pretty good, hard to tell exactly where it is on Melee standards, since it's only hit once or twice.

F-tilt - ?-11%: Good power and knockback, with high speed. Great move for getting enemies away in a hurry, or when you need a good powerful blow without lag.

PK Thunder: Large and fast. Seems to have more range and a bigger tailwhip than Melee, does approximately 26% damage against Ike. It might be shorter range than Melee, but not by much. Might be able to circle it around faster, hard to tell, player is an idiot.

PK Thunder Barrier: Might be out, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwxyKdCZYM&feature=user at 4:03. Hard to tell, requires further testing.

Up-Smash: Really hard to tell, charges up like Melee version, but can't do much because we've only seen it on targets and tiny Olimars. Is YYG possible? The answer is a definite maybe.

Dtilt: Same as Melee it seems, fast and weak.

B-throw: Seems to still have a large amount of knockback, but it seems to be more equal between horizontal and vertical knockback(less horizontal, more vertical). That could potentially be a bad thing, as his horizontal distance with the backthrow was a big deal with Ness.

D-throw: Hard to tell, the D-throw's use relies on very very small details, the ability to DI it, the amount of time before Ness can follow up, enemy trajectory. It's the kind of attack that's going to take a lot of individual testing to really say anything about.

Utilt: Hasn't hit anyone yet, looks the same, hitbox and priority are unknown, speed looks the same.

Uthrow: Seems less powerful than Melee. Very DIable, very short knockback for someone at over 100%, but Ike is heavy so it's hard to tell. Could be a good thing for comboing. Damage - 10%

Double Jump Cancelling: DjC is definitely deconfirmed, but I somehow don't care. Rising aerials are gonna be beastly.

This is all we have so far, stay glued as more information becomes known.

I'm looking for %s right now. They're MOSTLY going to be listed in ?-#% format for now, since it's almost impossible to give a value for their depreciated damage without testing for it specifically. Some, like the bair for now, will be given either a #-?% or #-#% with the first # being the non-sweetspotted version, if I can find it. This is NOT the true lowest % of damage possilbe, since a depreciated non-sweetspot is definitely less powerful. If someone can find any attack that has been used multiple times in a single stock(IE one with depreciated damage) then please post it so I can add it in. Of course, this is assuming that damage depreciates like in Melee, which might not be the case. Just being thorough.

Also, he has his 64 entrance. SQUEE! ^_^

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Thanks AdamtNess, Beautiful.
Really? I thought those videos deconfirmed it cause I thought I saw ness go straight up while doing his fair/double jumping? Can you tell me where exactly in these vids he djc's please? The choice of my main depends on this! :)

EDIT: Yeah check it at 18 seconds, ness does a fair that would have definitely been djc'd in melee but goes his full jump height instead of canceling it. This still gives him some weird properties to his jump cause it still has the "Swing" at the beginning of the jump. I still might use him, but we'll see.

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
:laugh: Heh, Ness is not a clone at all, the moves Lucas and Ness share are similar but with some adjustments, but Lucas's Midair Jump is much lower compared to Ness's, however Lucas has a ranged tether grab, Their PK thunder moves are different where Lucas has slower, tighter arc movement whereas Ness has his faster, wider arc movement, and their PK Fire moves are way different, all that leaves is Magnet, Their FS and The Bat/Club, but besides those moves, the ground and aerial A attacks are completely different from each other, no matter the case, Ness was here first...

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
i saw some other ness videos and i have to ask: why the freak is there no baseball bat sound when you smack enemies. thats why i loved the bat, it pisses people off :p
and i love sound where ness double jumps it has a "swoosh" in it, just as lucas does.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Lucas= clone. Also, It may be me, but it looks like his U-air is slightly faster, and it seems like his PK thunder 2 is different than Lucas's, past that, We're going to have to wait to play as him ourselves :D glad he's back.

J Tangle

Smash Cadet
NNID
JTangle
I can't wait to try Ness out. From the videos it seems Ness' yo-yo is stronger, but that may have been because he was fighting Olimar. Since I have to use the running up smash with Ness just to give it proper knock back in Melee I would hope Sakurai made it stronger for Brawl.

Levitas

the moon
I'm a little worried about his PKT2 range.

Other than that, this is gonna be interesting. His dash attack doesn't look as prone to go through people w/o hitting them this time around...

Overall I agree w/ Ademisk. If you watch the target test, you can see him foot cancelling a dair on the third target.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Ness' FS is PK Starstorm (I know, lame) I'll try to post the image. Sorry.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I promised.

I don't know if it's because of the TV, but the meteors seem to be blue or white.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Seen it, DjC is still possible. I've seen videos that looked like DjC might need to be done immediately. We won't see until I get my hands on the game personally.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Do people even read the first post before posting here? And I highly doubt ANY move in this game is unchanged. The hitbox sizes, knockback, damage, priority and frames of every attack appear to be changed, even if slightly. I haven't seen any evidence that ANY of Ness's attacks are identical to his Melee self. They look the same for a large part, but any good player will tell you that doesn't mean anything. I've written what I can see from his attacks, just to give an idea of what Ness will be like in the game. DjC is going to be a big thing, if it's not in, Ness's playstyle will change drastically. Rising attacks could be interesting, I think everyone will agree with me, and if it isn't in, it seems his short hop could be...interesting. And I haven't seen any video of PK Fire used midair, or I've missed it, anyone see any that I missed? Also looking for an upthrow.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Up-throw found:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=sQHw8TylNvI
1:15-1:17

Did 10% damage to Snake and threw him directly into Ike's FS.

Going off topic, but can someone PM a Brawl mod and ask if one of the Ness discussion threads can be moved over here to the sub-forum please? There are three:

1. Made August 10 by the grim lizard. Title edited Nov. 8 or sometime afterward.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112542
First one made. There is a massive amount of flaming and arguing after a certain special moves update. Many eaten words in the last several posts. Topic title will have to be edited by mod since the Topic Creator is banned.

2. Made Nov. 21 by DekuBoy
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=127098
After the flaming,arguing,etc. a 2nd was made and is mostly positive with some amount of flaming,arguing, etc.

3. Made Jan. 21 by DekuBoy.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=138507&highlight=Ness
Fairly new, troll-less too. Not that many posts.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
None of those 3 threads deserve to be here. This board is for serious discussion about Ness in Brawl, the third one is a possibility, but it's too close to the second one, and mostly just looks like a spam thread. They mostly need to be locked, not moved.

You've been helpful though, thanks for the upthrow spot. I'm going to start listing specific damages for each move now. Consider this the beginning of the "Way too long for anybody to read Ness guide" for Brawl. Other than that, there's not much I can do without an asston of video or being able to play it myself. Once I do, I'll do a major onceover on this thread, going over every attack, and possible uses of it in detail. Look forward to it everyone.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
His dair is much faster coming out. That move was, and is one of my main killers with Ness in SSB, so when they majorly nerfed it in Melee, i moved off him.

Good to see it's better, now.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Going off topic, but can someone PM a Brawl mod and ask if one of the Ness discussion threads can be moved over here to the sub-forum please? There are three:

I moved the last one for you. The second one is basically the same as the last one, with the addition of trolls, so there isn't a need for a duplicate thread. And the first one serves really no purpose anymore in the current discussion of Brawl.

J Tangle

Smash Cadet
NNID
JTangle
I wonder if Ness' Dash attack will still have the Force push because from the videos it seems like it's been cut?

It seems he might not be able to DJC...

Fair combos won't be as viable anymore, assuming there's no way to DJC.

But now we have a rising multi-hit attack. If it can drag an opponent into the air, Ness could potentially have some insane aerial combos. Well, more insane, that is.

And his Meteor Stomp seems to have been given a speed boost. Very good for me.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
I believe Ness got the best buff of all.
He's the same.
No seriously, that is what most characters are begging for.
Being floaty in Melee, he is the same in Brawl, which=a very quick aerial character.
(dam can't spell air-iel...)
anyway his bair and dairs got a bit faster (which means a lot in the hectic world of Smash)
so his dair is usable again, and his yoyo is a bit stronger.
no nerfs here people, ness is surely seeing high-tier.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Holy crap, too much video...where does the guy find the time to post it all!? I'm gonna add in more detail to Ness's move list tonight, gonna go over everything and try to put %s on his attacks. Fair is gonna be the hardest....since it appears to still have multiple hits, and they're all gonna have different %s damage. But I'll try.

Also, did anyone play Melee? Nobody here seems to respects Melee Ness T_T.

Levitas

the moon
hey ademisk, guess what! I play melee! I even play Ness in melee! wooo.

I'm gonna go ahead and make a thread w/links to all current Ness vids, and index them.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Holy crap, too much video...where does the guy find the time to post it all!? I'm gonna add in more detail to Ness's move list tonight, gonna go over everything and try to put %s on his attacks. Fair is gonna be the hardest....since it appears to still have multiple hits, and they're all gonna have different %s damage. But I'll try.

Also, did anyone play Melee? Nobody here seems to respects Melee Ness T_T.
<3 Melee Ness. I'm thinking i'll be using Lucas this time around, his a moves fit my style a lot more then Ness' ever did, and he also a wacky double jump which is the main reason I used Ness in the first place :chuckle:

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Pfff, I main Ness in Melee, and I'll probably do the same this time around.

Another Ness vid, I'm not sure if it's new or not, and it is INCREDIBLY SPOILERY TO MOTHER3 SO BE WARNED ABOUT THAT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poSF4xcsXBs
Also spoilery to Subspace Emissary. The player who uses Ness isn't too good (doesn't even aim PK Thunder well, doesn't charge PK Flash, etc), but you can see some more of his moves in detail. PK Flash's new special effects look nice, and there seems to be less delay between button release and explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom