• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl has NOT GONE GOLD. (Picture rumor debunked)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I never bothered reading the "gone gold" stuff. I had just assumed it was real, and I frankly didn't care (Its coming out in a month people, just be patient). But I finally got around to reading it and noticed it cited a Japanese site. So I looked on the site and noticed that the picture was not there (or I just didn't see it). Then I decided to read the Japanese; Literally translated, it means "Picture in production." Which means that they didn't have a picture for the game on the site, so they used the picture that everyone is using as proof for a placeholder.

Then why does it say "Now Printing"? Well, as smart as those Japanese people are, they have horrible English. But oddly enough, they love to throw in English whenever and wherever possible. This was simply a case of mistranslation on their part, which people took as proof that Brawl has gone gold. Yes, Brawl could have already gone gold, but this picture does not prove anything. Sorry people.

EDIT: "For those of you not familiar with the term; a game "Goes Gold" when the master
disc (or a copy that is completely ready for shipment) is sent to the printing press to make copies. Meaning that development stage of the game is officially over and done!"

The only thing this changes is that people can no longer know for sure that the game wont be delayed again. That said, I still believe the game will be released in a month in Japan, and that won't change despite this being debunked.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wow, although, come to think of it, don't games usually go gold about a week or so before release?

Axel-of-the-Key

Smash Cadet
Yeah, because it's really efficient to start making copies of the game a week before the game needs to be shipped out to the stores.
They really need a couple weeks to print the game, print the manuals, make the boxes, put it all together, get it into boxes, and get all the shipments ready to go to the stores. I highly doubt this could all be done in a week.

Also, not all Japanese have horrible English, that's a stereotype. And even if most Japanese have bad English, there's a good reason for that. They ****ing live in Japan! They don't need to know English!
Sorry, that just bothered me. However, your proof doesn't make any sense anyways. I think it's highly likely that Brawl has gone gold, considering that the game comes out in Japan in less than a month.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
What does gone gold mean?
It means you should educate yourself in the wonderful land of Wikipedia.

They really need a couple weeks to print the game, print the manuals, make the boxes, put it all together, get it into boxes, and get all the shipments ready to go to the stores. I highly doubt this could all be done in a week.
The boxes and manuals for a game are done weeks before the gold master 99% of the time. The important part is disc production and shipping.

Smash legacy

Smash Apprentice
Yea but someone also said that they saw abunch of smash bros game boxes in gamestop, i really dont know if it is or not i just dont want another delay.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I never bothered reading the "gone gold" stuff. I had just assumed it was real, and I frankly didn't care (Its coming out in a month people, just be patient). But I finally got around to reading it and noticed it cited a Japanese site. So I looked on the site and noticed that the picture was not there (or I just didn't see it). Then I decided to read the Japanese; Literally translated, it means "Picture in production." Which means that they didn't have a picture for the game on the site, so they used the picture that everyone is using as proof for a placeholder.

Then why does it say "Now Printing"? Well, as smart as those Japanese people are, they have horrible English. But oddly enough, they love to throw in English whenever and wherever possible. This was simply a case of mistranslation on their part, which people took as proof that Brawl has gone gold. Sorry people, but Brawl has NOT gone gold.
Interesting deduction S. Panda. You sure done your homework.

Dammit. That means that the game could get delayed....again. *eye twitches*

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
Yea but someone also said that they saw abunch of smash bros game boxes in gamestop, i really dont know if it is or not i just dont want another delay.
upon going to gamestop today i saw those very boxes...they are nothing but a display to promote brawl.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
so wait you mean to say the game didn't go gold because the japanese don't know what they were doing when they put "now printing" on the picture?

what?

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
It means you should educate yourself in the wonderful land of Wikipedia.
You couldve been the coolest person on the forum and actually told him what it meant...

___

It means that they're done testing, and started printing the game getting ready to sell it to the world!
___

This is kinda sad that it hasn't gone gold, now i'm all paranoid all over again

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
ok so they put "now printing" to say that they don't have a picture yet, ok i got ya...

anyway i don't care if it's gone gold or not makes zero difference to me except that it might have explained why sakurai took the vacation... but of course that can always be explained with: he's human. he goes on vacation.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
ok so they put "now printing" to say that they don't have a picture yet, ok i got ya...

anyway i don't care if it's gone gold or not makes zero difference to me except that it might have explained why sakurai took the vacation... but of course that can always be explained with: he's human. he goes on vacation.
Actually, you should care. Because if it doesn't go gold, we don't get our Brawl....

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, because it's really efficient to start making copies of the game a week before the game needs to be shipped out to the stores.

Also, not all Japanese have horrible English, that's a stereotype. And even if most Japanese have bad English, there's a good reason for that. They ****ing live in Japan! They don't need to know English!
Sorry, that just bothered me. However, your proof doesn't make any sense anyways. I think it's highly likely that Brawl has gone gold, considering that the game comes out in Japan in less than a month.
Quoted for truth. I believe Axel-of-the-Key is correct on this, but then again, samurai panda has been correct about many of these things before, and is by far the best Japanese-to-English translator among us. Believe what you want, people; I personaly can't decide who to believe.
I have been to Japan before, and alot of the Japanese don't have 100% accurate english (terrible is an exageration), and yes they do like to throw in english wherever they can. Signs and bilboards normally have the main, big letters or title in english for everybody to see, and then the Japanese translation in smaller letters beneath it. (I heard the reason for this was during world war II, there were alot of english there, and it was almost a nessecary for someone in Japan to know how to speak english)

jayssite

Smash Rookie
I'm glad it hasn't gone gold; that means they're still working on it.

(also, first post, so hello, i'm Jay, I'm a smashaholic, etc)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
You couldve been the coolest person on the forum and actually told him what it meant...

___

It means that they're done testing, and started printing the game getting ready to sell it to the world!
___

This is kinda sad that it hasn't gone gold, now i'm all paranoid all over again
I've already done this in the BRAWL HAS GONE GOLD thread. I don't like having to repeat myself, felt like mentioning Wikipedia to see if the member named "Wikipedia" would be summoned, and also felt like referencing a site where the inquirer(s) would learn to DO SOMETHING FOR THEMSELVES.

It was a reasonable course of action, imo.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Wait how do we know it hasn't gone gold? although this thing has been deconfirmed, whose to say the game has not gone gold already? Just wondering.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
GONE GOLD -

"Definition: A term used when the game has reached completion and is ready to be published. " Source: about.com -.-

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
If you have spent any time in Japan, you'd know that each individual person has fairly decent English, but when it comes to companies printing things on products, you will find the most abysmal English ever (hell, there is a site for it too: engrish.com). I have spent quite a bit of time in Japan, and saw my fair share of Engrish. And I bought every good Engrish T-Shirt I could find, cause they are awesome. That said, my proof is moreso the fact that the Japanese doesn't say "Now Printing" while the English below it does. But its on a Japanese site, so that would lead one to believe the English isn't the thing to believe. Not only that, but the picture was taken down. And yes, Brawl could have easily gone gold already, but this picture proves nothing.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
If you have spent any time in Japan, you'd know that each individual person has fairly decent English, but when it comes to companies printing things on products, you will find the most abysmal English ever (hell, there is a site for it too: engrish.com). I have spent quite a bit of time in Japan, and saw my fair share of Engrish. And I bought every good Engrish T-Shirt I could find, cause they are awesome. That said, my proof is moreso the fact that the Japanese doesn't say "Now Printing" while the English below it does. But its on a Japanese site, so that would lead one to believe the English isn't the thing to believe. Not only that, but the picture was taken down. And yes, Brawl could have easily gone gold already, but this picture proves nothing.
You say the game has not gone gold... but do you know that for fact..or are you just debunking the "Now Printing" thing?

Smash Ace
You say the game has not gone gold... but do you know that for fact..or are you just debunking the "Now Printing" thing?
He just debunked the "Now Printing" picture. I suppose that it's possible that Nintendo didn't tell anyone when the game went gold.

T-major

Smash Champion
MEGAMAN IS GOING TO HAVE A CHANCE AT LAST
i am so happy now
just to clear up, Megaman's chances were never in trouble to begin with. that rumoured statement was made a long time ago. back when there was still "a few moths left". "a few" is generally used to refer to "more than two", but can also be "more than one". so we can deduce that there was at least more than one month left when the statement was made. thats plenty of time to ask and add Megaman, or any other character for that matter, because it only take about two months or so to add a character. less, depending on the amount of people and productivity.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Gone Gold Rumor=SamuraiPandOWNED
SamuraiPanda is debunking rumors, theories, etc. left and right.

We should refer to the many things he debunked as SamuraiPandOWNED, it only makes sense. :)

Anyways, Brawl is too close to it's Japan release date. Come a few more weeks, and we shall know EVERYTHING. :)

Top Bottom