• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up+b

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Great video. Exactly what yoshi needed.. Was that your video Dogger?

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
And who said Yoshi's recovery is still crappy, hmm? This proves it obviously is NOT, only problem is that Yoshi might be stopped early on. But more characters have that problem, so who cares? Good video Dogger, really shows the potential.

If you would use your Egg Toss a couple of times before using his Flutter Jump, you'd still have the super armor to protect Yoshi when someone tries to knock him off again. That's what I'm going to try anyway. :)

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
If you would use your Egg Toss a couple of times before using his Flutter Jump, you'd still have the super armor to protect Yoshi when someone tries to knock him off again. That's what I'm going to try anyway. :)
Yes, it looks better before using the double jump, so you have enough super armor to get back. It also looks like a great method to prevent edge guarding, doesn't it?

Dogger

Smash Rookie
Yoshi has great recovery now you just have to remember that 2nd jump is vertical and egg toss is the horizontal. When you get knocked off the stage the 2nd jump will take you so high you're off screen and you can normally get to the middle of a stage before you can even see Yoshi again.

Something else to keep in mind is that hovering with the egg toss does take a bit of skill. You can't simply hold up+right+B to jump right. It's all about Yoshi's current momentum. If you pay very close attention in the video you can see that I don't egg toss rapidly, I let Yoshi fall to the right first, then I egg toss. It's brief but necessary. If you don't continue to give him momentum he will egg toss in place and end up falling without moving an inch to the side. Don't let that scare you though, this video wasn't a fluke, I can now do this jump like clockwork and you should all be able to do the same once you get a feel for the character.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
It's really nice watching some videos of people who have experience playing Yoshi :D Thanks for the vids.

Sharky

Smash Master
heres how not to do it as dogger was saying. happens around 3:15
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BBrV3O4mGWE
if you do not give him enough to to gain momentum then this is a perfect example of what can happen.
Edit: Viva la Yoshi!!!!!!!!
hahaha I was about to post noting that but you've already used me as an example lol. Yeah, his b-up doesn't do crap if you're not already moving, as I showed there.

why'd it have to be one of my bad matches though? =( lol

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
S**T sorry man, i was just posting as an example but you do seem to have good controle over yoshi in it. i was very pleased with it. its just thats the vid i saw it fail in =D

Sharky

Smash Master
oh no problem, it was gonna come up eventually lol. I'm trying to get my friend to upload some of my better vids, though he's not sure if he has them anymore lol. Anywho, enjoy the vids, and happy :yoshi:ing =D

Top Bottom