• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF!?! Dark.Pch using Marth?!? O_o

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why yes........yes I am, the character I hate so much I decided to use;) Just to learn more about this guy so I know how to take him out better.

But I would like to get decent with him I suppose. i just started marth like a week ago. So here are some vids of how I am doing.Playing Peach so Much this guy does not quite fight my style ._______. Butw/e I know I did not too too well in this vids but meh. Advice and such is welcome.........well i guess thats the whole point of this thread no? O_o

Vs Falco.

Battle 1
Battle 2
Battle 3
Battle 4
Battle 5

Vs Marth

Battle 1
Battle 2
Battle 3

Vs Falcon

Battle

P.S Yes I know, The video quality is not all that great. sorry for that. But it comes out more smooth if you put the quality to low.

Cia

das kwl
I thought u said that u'r a real peach player. and no matter what, u will always use peach..

the rest of your fans will be so hurt T_T

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I thought u said that u'r a real peach player. and no matter what, u will always use peach..

the rest of your fans will be so hurt T_T
I am. You do realize I play Zelda and Roy right. Dont worry My Marth s not touching tournaments so no need to worry about my public;)

thats great man!, the more characters you use the better youll get with peach
So I have been told. Thats why i have been using alot of characters lately. But In tournaments I'm going all Peach as usual.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
13 replies without a single bit of advice for DPch's Marth... XD

Not that I'm giving any yet. ^_^

Snakeee

Smash Master
WTF DARK PCH USING MARTH!!!..............oh wait I've fought his Marth since several months ago lol

I tried to give him some advice, but he didnt want it lol.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Hey Dark Peach...what's up? I may live in Bermuda but I think I can give ya some cool tips. My good friend RoK trained and made me a good player so I'll be able to give ya some tips for Marth. Ok first, I'm sure you already know, but in order to be a better player you'll need a better foe. Just saying, but I digress. ^^;

Ok first, you need to resist the urge to approach with the double fairs. You should rely on the single SHFFL fairs. However after you successfully connect with a SHFFL fair that is when you can use the double fair. Think of it as a follow up move instead. Oh and assuming one of your SHFFL aerials misses or gets shielded you should dash away. Its all situational as to what you do after you dash of course. I tend to come back in with a grab. On the topics of approach dash canceled down tilts are the stuff. When you hit with a tipper it'll stun your foe long enough to follow it up with grabs.

Also, I'll give ya some tips to improve your edge game. Instead of simply jumping of to the stage, try wave dashing off the stage and then fast fall...it'll help you get to the edge within a second. Its much quicker and cooler. Also, the down tilt is an excellent move for edge guarding with Marth. There is a particular position you need to be in to make this move effective. You need stand not close too close to the stage edge...but close enough that the very tip of your blade (when doing the down tilts) goes just beyond the stage edge. This position is ideal because SHFFL fairs (which are also good for edge guarding) also barely reaches over the stage edge to hit foes who failed to sweet spot the edge. Ledge hop dairs and bairs are also good for edge guarding.

Overall...I know you'll be a fine Marth. You just keep practicing your cancels and tech skill in general, and of course what I just recommended. :p

All the best, hope I was helpful.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

I remember giving dark pch advice for his peach and he didn't listen to me.

Then Cort said almost the exact same thing and he listened to Cort.

It seems I need to be a well known player to give advice and have people listen to them :(.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
Ohhh Vanz...I knew your name sounded familar. My mate RoK (from Bermuda) told me he met you at a tourney a few months back. I'm not sure if ya remember but he remembers you pretty good. :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hey Dark Peach...what's up? I may live in Bermuda but I think I can give ya some cool tips. My good friend RoK trained and made me a good player so I'll be able to give ya some tips for Marth. Ok first, I'm sure you already know, but in order to be a better player you'll need a better foe. Just saying, but I digress. ^^;

Ok first, you need to resist the urge to approach with the double fairs. You should rely on the single SHFFL fairs. However after you successfully connect with a SHFFL fair that is when you can use the double fair. Think of it as a follow up move instead. Oh and assuming one of your SHFFL aerials misses or gets shielded you should dash away. Its all situational as to what you do after you dash of course. I tend to come back in with a grab. On the topics of approach dash canceled down tilts are the stuff. When you hit with a tipper it'll stun your foe long enough to follow it up with grabs.

Also, I'll give ya some tips to improve your edge game. Instead of simply jumping of to the stage, try wave dashing off the stage and then fast fall...it'll help you get to the edge within a second. Its much quicker and cooler. Also, the down tilt is an excellent move for edge guarding with Marth. There is a particular position you need to be in to make this move effective. You need stand not close too close to the stage edge...but close enough that the very tip of your blade (when doing the down tilts) goes just beyond the stage edge. This position is ideal because SHFFL fairs (which are also good for edge guarding) also barely reaches over the stage edge to hit foes who failed to sweet spot the edge. Ledge hop dairs and bairs are also good for edge guarding.

Overall...I know you'll be a fine Marth. You just keep practicing your cancels and tech skill in general, and of course what I just recommended. :p

All the best, hope I was helpful.
First Marth advice and look how many posts it took. XD!!!

Thanks I'll keep this in mind.

I remember giving dark pch advice for his peach and he didn't listen to me.

Then Cort said almost the exact same thing and he listened to Cort.

It seems I need to be a well known player to give advice and have people listen to them :(.

When the hell was this and what advice was it? O_o

Cia

das kwl
Ohhh Vanz...I knew your name sounded familar. My mate RoK (from Bermuda) told me he met you at a tourney a few months back. I'm not sure if ya remember but he remembers you pretty good. :)
oooooo, maybe it was vls..

did he say I was good?? lmao

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Fox match up I believe its somewhere in the Imperial Era thread it was a while back though. So It probably not something you remember >_>. I was just happy that I at least sort of knew what I was talking about.

Yea I dont recall that. but my Fox match up is good now. I beat D1 and starz fox today (and have done it a few weeks ago too). I got fox down packed I can say.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i hate critiqueing since it forces me to think (i dunno if that's the proper spelling for critiquing:p but someone will tell me no doubt)

but i might consider it..the visual quality is horrible..but the music makes up for it..so maybe:p

and it's amusing how no one has given much advice...we, the marth boards, are lazy...
lol

but good luck with marth; if you have more specific questions you could always ask me online

Cia

das kwl
Lol.

He sure did! RoK was very impressed. He mentioned your Young Link to me and how fast/deadly it was. The event sounded very awesome indeed. I wish I went with him. lol
yay!! young link is so amazing.

and lmao @ eggz's post. it's true

Corax

Smash Cadet
god im awesome
Thats why my cousin worships you.

Anyhow for your marth, don't carry over peach play as much. Marth's dsmash is very situational, and even in those situations it would be better to just shffl nair, fsmash or grab instead of dsmash.

use more moves to get space- there are more things you can do beside jabbing and sword dance (1st hit) to get your opponent back into tipper range instead of the middle of your blade. I recall someone on these boards saying "Spacing is what makes marth a god". Something along those lines.
For your peach you can use the opposite of that statement: "No spacing is what makes marth a very dead man". Which is also why alot of players attack marth after he shffls attacks.

2 more simple things to keep in mind as marth
- don't stand around so much
- utilt more after your shffls, especially against falcos

Edit- o.O Maybe Eggz should find a church...more people can worship him that way...

Top Bottom