• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It looks like Brawl has gone gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord

=)

Ryoko edit: Because most people aren't familiar with the term "going gold."

"Going gold" in the world of software development is when you/your team completed the final product in the form of a "master disc". Now called the "gold master", this disc is sent to the factory to be duplicated into consumer copies.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, so there is not no point in complaining or moaning now. What's done is done and there is no changing it.

When a game "goes gold", that means disks are being produced and stockpiled for the release.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
YES! If this is true, it's the best news so far. =p

Doesn't this mean we can be assured that there won't be another delay?
Unless something REALLY weird happens. Like if Magikoopa calls someone "spastic." (Wonder if you know that reference.)

But yeah, there's going to be no other delay. But there are weird delay stories... like Persona 3. Something was wrong with the manual, so they had to recall it a day before the game was going to be released. lol.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
Unless something REALLY weird happens. Like if Magikoopa calls someone "spastic." (Wonder if you know that reference.)

But yeah, there's going to be no other delay. But there are weird delay stories... like Persona 3. Something was wrong with the manual, so they had to recall it a day before the game was going to be released. lol.
Spastic - Mario Party 8 recalled in Europe because this word was in it.

Frogla

Smash Ace
DELAY DECONFIRMED!!!
Ha your losers delay will never be in brawl, but his brother belay has gotten in brawl.

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
Well it is great to finally know that Brawl has gone Gold, but nothing is for sure... there could be another delay if needed, but I am glad that the possibility of that has just drastically decreased.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
NO MORE DELAY RUMORS!!!!!! OH YEEAAHH!!!!!! Also, this only meens there is a 100% chance of no delays for the Japn games; there still may be a delay for the American version, but if there is it certainly won't be delayed over a month (translation issues, maybe). The chances of that are still very slim, though.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
w00t. Does it usually take a game a month to be released after it goes gold? Maybe it will be released sooner than the Dojo says?
A month or more. Not only do they need to produce enough copies for everyone, they have to distribute them to retailers, and then the retailers have to divy them up and send them out to individual stores. It takes awhile to pull off.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Good to hear. I can bet this'll be the Dojo's update tonight (so much for new character/anything Zelda).

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
This update is better than anything we've had on the dojo the last few weeks.
What if this is tonights update? Sakurai reasurring us of now more delays and telling us the disks are being manufactured. I'd be satisfied with that for sure. ^_^

Good to hear. I can bet this'll be the Dojo's update tonight (so much for new character/anything Zelda).
;_; You beat me too it.

The Director

Smash Lord
You just took the words out of my mouth. That would be an excellent Christmas present update...

Super Smash Bros. Brawl has gone gold and is now being produced en-masse!

This is a nice little Christmas treat, as it confirms there will be NO MORE DELAYS!! YAY!! :chuckle:

Rash

Smash Ace
Great. At least we now know the game is complete and that there's no going back.

I want to hear what Sakurai has to say about this. Hopefully the guy is fully satisfied with the game. I know he and his cohorts worked so hard on it for this long and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom