• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon trainer FAQ Read this ((CHU & Chillin vids added!)))

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
this thread will cover all the facts and will set the rumors straight. check here if you don't know much about him.

STACKS OF INFO NOW!!!![/FONT]

PT has now been played in japan.. so info info info!

brawl central said:
Pokemon trainer's starting Pokemon is random. So far, it's unconfirmed if the starter can be selectable like Shiek was for Zelda in Melee.

PT Impressions: Squirtle has fast attacks, but no reach. Ivysaur is the more balanced of the Pokemon. Charizard is heavy, medium speed, and attacks using claws and tail mostly.

More PT Impressions: Charizard's has multiple jumps and his Fly is powerful. He flies straight up and burns anything around him. His flamethrower is identical to Bowser's Fire Breath. Squirtle's Water Gun is chargable. Ivysaur is immobile while using Bullet Seed. PT's FInal Smash is very powerful.

# Pokemon Trainer Impressions: Takes about three seconds to change Pokemon. Colors: Red, Green, Blue, and Black & White (original GB version). PT's Pokemon do not have accessories like hats, glasses, ect.

Female Pokemon Trainer news is confirmed FALSE.

Pokemon Trainer disappears on certain stages. He was not present on Delfino Plaza.
now! some heads up form our good friend I.T.P

PT:
squirtle is a weak fast characters, Ivysaur is pretty average, Charizard is a slow power character, comparable to bowser and DeDeDe.

Charazird has multiple jumps, I didn't count them. his Up B is monsterous, he flies straight up and burns anything that touches him while doing so, I didn't try his Forward B, but his neutral B is like Bowsers.

Squirtles neutral B is chargable, it's a water gun. charge more = shoot more water, squirtle gets pushed back when doing so.

I didn't get to use squirtles Up B, but it links measly and sucky. his forward B is pretty good, but it has a set time for it. he shells himself and launches forward, you can play with it a bit.

Ivysaurs Neutral B is ok, but he's immobile while using it, his up B is pretty quick and good, and it's a good move on the ground as well, his Forward B looks sucky, didn't use it much.

I didn't see any special "Stamina" element, but changing pokemon takes a very long time, a couple of seconds at least, i'd say 3-4 or even more

thanks to Ism this thread has hit jack pot!

Oi, it took a while, but I found and organized ITPs answers. Here :)

Question:

How did ivysaurs Up B work exactly? like, did the vines catapault him upwards or something?
Answer:
No, it grabs the edge, it's a tether recovery and it's pretty quick. On the ground, Up B is a whip, it does a splash sound effect, and seemed pretty good.
Question:
Is there really no stamina issues with PT? If that's the case, why bother mentioning it in the dojo unless it was a mistranslation.
Answer:
No noticable changes happend, however, there may be a subtle difference.
Questions:
I read that PT disappears on some stages (like the ones that move around, where it'd be impossible for him to exist). If so, where do the pokeballs go / come from when you press down-b? Finally, did you see any other alternative costumes for PT, or alt colors for the Pokes?
Answers:
Pokemon trainer has a red, blue , green, and original GB black & white coustmes. There are invincibility frames when switching Pokemon. I can't really answer the "where is the trainer" question, I only played him once and I was focusing on the pokemon. When he changes, the characters dissapear, it's more like there's nothing to hit, rather than "invincibility" frames. and it there's some lag afterwards, but nothing serious.
Questions:
* How easily did the pokémon get tired? After a few moves?
* Would you say Squirtle, Charizard or Ivysaur was your fav' to play as?
* Isn't it odd to change back and forth pokemon? I know there must be a set order to them, (If it wasn't mentioned on the dojo) But if you wanted to go from say Charizard ot Ivysaur, isn't that annoying?
Answers:
*I don't remember them getting tired at all.
*Charizard was my favourite, cause he always was one of my favourite pokemon too, squirtle was cute and fun. Ivysaur was, meh? Average or so.
*There is a set order, Squirtle-Ivysaur-Charizard. You start out as a random one of them? not sure if there's a way to determine it or not. And changing pokemon is horrible, the Trainer calls back the first pokemon, then throws a second pokeball, which lies there for a second or two, then opens and the pokemon comes out, resulting in a wide gap in which you basically have no character on the screen. It might help in stock matches, in time matches it's awful.
Question:
What are PT's taunts? And what is his Victory pose?
Answers:
I didn't use PT's taunts, you can't really taunt in a 4 player match...
He appears with the last pokemon used, and it even calls you by the name of that pokemon, and not as pokemon trainer. In my match it was fushigisou or whatever ivysaur's JP name is. I'm not sure they say the name, I am sure they show the pokemon and his name.
don't be dissapointed of they'd say "this game's winner is Pokemon Trainer" but show Charizard and the trainer and write Charizard on top of the screen.
Question:
Was Squirtle a really fast or Mario - like character? Did he have good standard and aerials? Of what you've seen and played, ofcourse.
Answer:
Squirtle reminds me more of Jigglypuff than Mario, and yes he was pretty fast. But his attacks were pretty weak, I remember killing with his Fsmash before switching though.
Question:
How are Charizard's attacks and specials?
Answer:
I don't remember specifics clearly enough to detail or describe his attacks, but his Up B ownz, his Neutral B sucks, I haven't tried/seen his forward B. I used his Fsmash and Usmash mainly, as well as Fair and Bair. but like I said, I don't recall well enough to describe, I've only played him once.
now MysticKenji compiled the info from Curbside_Prophet . so here it is

Curbside_Prophet] I don't mind at all if you repost this stuff. Feel free Squirtle B:water gun basic range attack chargeable not much else at this time B> :withdraw very useful attack. allot like yoshis B > but ether squirtle cant be knocked out of it of he’s to short to hit for anyone to really hit him cuts right thru people had better control that yoshis B^ : waterfall ok attack didn’t use it much. Thought I saw someone angle it down but I'm not completely sure Has good air control.seems like he could have a decent air game in my opinion moves quickly at least as fast as young link A V smash :looked like he made a kinda water splash to ether side of him. A > smash: withdraw into shell and lunged forward squirtle was a fun character to use I had heard he wasn’t too good so I was worried I think off the bat He seems like the lest useful but I think once you get his attacks down he could be a good control type character also.his double jump is a little cartwheel and it looks like he’s some kind of awesome ninja. Ivysaur B: bullet seed will stop characters in the air in there tracks goes about the height of a link and a half B > :razor leaf an average range attack doesn’t seem to go to far seemed less than links boomerang one large leaf comes out .didn’t get to see if you could shoot them rapidly.still if you hoping for Something resembling the razor leaf from the game boy games you’ll be disappointed B ^ :vine whip on the ground it gives a quick continues whip goes for stunning opponents I had some trouble Using it to recover if you in range (somewhere between young link and links hookshot) you move very Quickly to the ledge but I haven’t found any other good moves if you to far away also could have Problems with edgegarders A: he kinda spins his leafy parts back and forth I saw that the longer you do it the longer the leafs get I didn’t do it myself so I don’t know whether you hold A or tap it provides good cover for his sides A > smash: he grabs the ground and pulls back like a slingshot the he’s shoots Forward about the distance or pikachus smash And gets pulled back to his starting position. His down smash looked similar ivasuar is the middle ground of the three.very dependable I often found myself going back to him His a attack consist mostly of leaf attacks head butts and other thing like that he’s seemed to get Used just as much as charizard charizard B: flame thrower seem to work exactly like bowsers good for stopping attacks come from the front B > : rock smash he picks up a rock and instantly head butts it didn’t really notice the damage it did But it has decent knock back I used a few well timed ones to get Meta knight to back off. B ^ : fly the attack looked more like the fire fox than fly charizard is engulfed in flames and he shoots off Into the air it didn’t go to far maybe as far a Mario’s up B when he dose not connect maybe a little less.it doesn’t have a charge up like firefox not sure if it caught people on fir but I think it did. I counted at least three jumps didn’t get a chance to glide.didnt really need to the jumps and fly always got me back A V : tail sweep slight knock up similar to mewtwo A > smash: a head butt I didn’t connect with anyone so I’m not sure how good it is charizard was my least used of the three .but I’m not big on heavy charactors.he seemed to win allot thought I wish I had more time with him. About swtiching and stamina: I actually tried rapidly switching pokemon but it didnt seem to effect much perhaps i didnt do it enough .i didnt try not switching though also i saw no stamina bar I make a note to give it a shot again if the booth is there tomorrow. * note some of my pokemon info got cut off Ill work on retyping it All I just got back from whobby (long train ride below is all the info i gathered I only ogt to play 3 times (2 rounds each time) I put down some fact i found and uder that my impression P.trainer: he will move to defult spot with his pokemon aka if there on the right side of the screen he will run to the right and so on his victory/lost pose is with the last pokemon he used his finale smash is pretty effective i got a nuber of ko's with it finale smash can be done in mid air as far as I saw he is on every stage including delphone plaza note he is not visible when stages move but he will always show up when they stop ie whenver they stoped at the all in all I liked p.trainer he has a good spread of talent in his corner will defenatly be using him [/QUOTE] black Charizard [IMG]http://www.pokebip.com/pokedex/images/sugimori_shiny/6.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://brawlcentral.com/images/news/2008_01_23(13).jpg[/IMG] Stamina [QUOTE= Brawl Central] Pokemon get tired after 2 minutes said:
And here we have a video that finally answers the question about what happens to the Pokémon Trainer on Norfair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xRiSUx_f5M

It seems he has his own platform way in the back, and when the Yoshi lava wave comes, the platforms rises up out of its way.

when more info comes to light i will add it here
i would like to thank

IsmaR

I.T.P

MysticKenji

Curbside_Prophet

Brawl Central

Darkpaladin of Chaos

for making the FAQ what it is today

IllidR

Smash Champion
I love how Kirby copies each Pokemon individually, and not just a general Pokemon trainer power. I don't know why I thought Sakurai would ever do that.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Not really, It's really all explained on the DOJO..

EDIT: Well, it's now a good FAQ.

Maybe some neat and tidiness is in order though~

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any idea what kirbys hat attacks with the pokemon will be?

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
The Japanese commercial confirmed him talking during switches and the final smash (known to many as the 3rd of the 4 Japanese commercials).

EPX2

Smash Ace
I love how Kirby copies each Pokemon individually, and not just a general Pokemon trainer power. I don't know why I thought Sakurai would ever do that.
I don't know either, seeing as how we know that the only move Pokemon Trainer has is his Down + B. When Kirby sucks up Zelda, he gets a completely different ability than when he sucks up Sheik, so I don't see why PT would be any different.

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
This is actually a pretty decent FAQ, for what little information we've been given. I wonder, since Kirby gets wings when he sucks up other flying characters, will his Charizard "hat" have tiny, pointless wings as well?

Also, about today's update.Considering the position of PT's rock, and the huge cord attached to it, I think it's safe to say that it will float on the acid, and suspend from the cord when the level is low. With all the effort that must have gone into this feature, hopefully he'll also be running and jumping to keep up with his team in most large and/or scrolling stages. I predict Rainbow Ride and certain other areas will develop random platforms when he joins the fray, as this level did, to accommodate the addition of the background character.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
ha lol

i am trying to compile all the info i can. he has been played. there will be a FLUUD of news
Lemme look for ITPs info

OK, here's some info, sorry if you already have it..

PT:
squirtle is a weak fast characters, Ivysaur is pretty average, Charizard is a slow power character, comparable to bowser and DeDeDe.

Charazird has multiple jumps, I didn't count them. his Up B is monsterous, he flies straight up and burns anything that touches him while doing so, I didn't try his Forward B, but his neutral B is like Bowsers.

Squirtles neutral B is chargable, it's a water gun. charge more = shoot more water, squirtle gets pushed back when doing so.

I didn't get to use squirtles Up B, but it links measly and sucky. his forward B is pretty good, but it has a set time for it. he shells himself and launches forward, you can play with it a bit.

Ivysaurs Neutral B is ok, but he's immobile while using it, his up B is pretty quick and good, and it's a good move on the ground as well, his Forward B looks sucky, didn't use it much.

I didn't see any special "Stamina" element, but changing pokemon takes a very long time, a couple of seconds at least, i'd say 3-4 or even more.

you can start with either of the 3 pokemon, I don't know if it's random or controlled somehow.

Top Bottom