• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spear Pillar for Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Title says it. Spear Pillar for Brawl. For those of you who haven't played D/P, Spear Pillar is an ancient sacred... place on top of a mountain. You fight Dialga or Palkia here. My take on Spear Pillar:

Seems normal.

Yep. No danger here.

Wait! What's this? A portal of some kind?

Dialga enters the fray!

He terminates the stage with Roar of Time!

Sweet, eh?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
That looks like an interesting stage. I liked your pic and how you also put K. Rool in there.(GO K!)
The no danger here part was cool and how you had the portal open up with that pok'e mon appering. I think it's about time we get a new kind of pok'e mon stage in Brawl.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
You are right! that should be a stage.
And the pillars should break occasionally too. :)

The Kraken

Smash Cadet
I live under your bed, waiting for the lights to t
I think the stage is too much like the battlefield stage. If you removed the three floating platforms, and allowed the pillars themselves to be stood on, it could make it alot more interesting. And the little ledges that are halfway through the pillars could be little platforms as well. Put simply, about 10-16 random 12 inch platforms.

Also, what about Palkia? Would it be using it's Spacial Rend if it somehow transported itself onto the stage from space?

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to agree about the similarities with the 3-platform design. It's an interesting concept but I'd rather see stages with a bit more of a different set up than the staple 3 platforms. Could always invert the 3 platforms or something, for a start? Just seems like the set-up is so overused, even with stage hazards. Other than that, I like it, especially with Dialga/Palkia cameos.

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
that would be cool with the surprise attacks and all and good illustration

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
Good idea. I like how there's one walk-off edge while the other is fall-off. However, I agree that the platform formation should be changed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
that would be a really cool idea. if im not mistaken, dialga and palkia are already confirmed for brawl as pokeball pokemon, so they are already made, and they could just be summoned on the stage throguh the portal (but have no owner so eveyrone gets hurt). it would be tourney banned, but cool none the less

fums63

Smash Apprentice
that would be a really cool idea. if im not mistaken, dialga and palkia are already confirmed for brawl as pokeball pokemon, so they are already made, and they could just be summoned on the stage throguh the portal (but have no owner so eveyrone gets hurt). it would be tourney banned, but cool none the less
looked at gimpy thread and i dont think theyre pokeballs

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Nice to see that everyone likes it. But just for the record:
-Some of the Pillars can be stood on
-There is a way to dadge Dialga (Crounch right in front of him)
-I like Pickles

Go Pit65

Smash Cadet
Good idea also Arsues(The Pokemon that created the Universe) Darkrai dexoxs and palkia would appear.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
it is a nice stage idea, but i think that the 3 floating platforms need to go. I also think that the stairs to the hall of origin appears at somepoint which you go on and see arceus use judgement on all areas of the stage. I think that would be cool aswell

Razer Reds

Smash Rookie
I was actually having some of the same ideas for the Spear Pillar as stage. Hopefully we get more non-stadium Pokemon stages that are actually based on areas in the games. I'd also like to see the Sky Pillar where you'd start fighting at the top and can fall through to the other floors because the floors are cracked like in the games. And let's not forget an appearance by Rayquaza while you're on the roof.

Go Pit65

Smash Cadet
yeah and after a while on the bottom f the pillar u fall in Mt Coronet and Darkrai appears adn uses phsick back to the top of the pillar

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
I agree with Kraken, take out the three platforms that have been used in just about every stage ever (exaggeration), and use the tops of pillars and other random ledges on the pillars. I think that pillars falling could also be a good stage hazard. I think that it would be awesome for a Subspace Emissary Boss battle against Arceus, Palkia, or Dialga. (Except Rayquaza is already a boss...Stupid Rayquaza ruining everybody's lives...)

Xenomorph_1992

Smash Cadet
Sounds neat. All it needs is Palkia and Arceus to be complete.

Another thing it could be is like rumble falls except this would start at the bottom of Mt. Coronet and lead to the hall of origin. The screen though would stay at Spear pillar for a while though.

goblue86

Smash Rookie
it would be a great idea, the only way they could ruin it is if they had palkia or dialga in the background moving or skaing the stage like kraid did on brinstar depths

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Love this idea. Also love how you put K. Rool in there. K. Rool for Brawl!

Pokemon definitely needs better stage representation, great job with this.

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
I don't see how a portal covering the whole stage would work...unless I try hard enough. Ok, the entire stage is covered and all the fighters are sucked in. Suddenly there are the strangest gravity effects ever, imagine bunny hood jumps but slower in any direction for the ultimate battle of aerial attacks. To add to the mix, Palkia or Dialga will shoot hyper beams that have to be avoided.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
This should definitley be in brawl.
The pokefloats was really stupid and irrelevent in melee.
They should have brought back Saffron City.
And They need to addddd more !
There are a million mario stages...

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
It should stay alive, simply for the fact that I can say, "Congratulations for predicting this awesome new Pokemon stage" to Commander Blitzkrieg.

Waaaay better than Poke Floats.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
Why should it be closed?
ehh. this thread was to display the idea for a stage that already exists now. all ive seen so far here is mostly before the stage was discovered "good job" and "great idea". and even after it was discovered its "wow, ur good". im just implying that it could be time to move on and maybe start a new thread for spear pillar discussion in general. i mean, its great that he was able to have a likeness with the real stage and all but, okay, its done. doesnt matter anyways. i dont dictate what happens here.

car-zone

Smash Rookie
Spear Pillar debuts in Pokémon Diamond & Pearl, and can be found at the top of Mt. Coronet. In this game, the two legendary Pokémon Palkia and Dialga can be found at Spear Pillar. Team Galactic, the antagonists of Diamond & Pearl, travel up to Spear Pillar and awaken Dialga/Palkia, bound by a crystalline Red Chain, in order to destroy the world and create a new universe where the Galactic Boss, Cyrus, is deity and king. Dawn/Lucas travel up to Spear Pillar, where they impede Team Galactics plan to control the legendary Pokémon by defeating their boss as his plan fails. Upon defeat, Team Galactic retreats and the player has the opportunity to catch Dialga/Palkia. High above the Spear Pillar is the Hall of Origin, where the omnipotent legendary Pokémon Arceus resides.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Don't necrobump, especially not with content that doesn't really foster any discussion.

This thread has long since run its course. It's getting locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom