• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 4 (Ottawa, Canada) - Results

Fogel

Smash Lord
ToS4 videos thread (thanks Navo): http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=130016

Results (thanks to ThatGuy for getting these)

Singles

http://photos-162.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v159/48/114/517204162/n517204162_264343_4434.jpg

1. Vwins
2. pkmvodka
3. Bam
4. RayneX
5. Testrider
5. Kage
7. GanonPWN!
7. chesterr01
9. Europhoria
9. Locke)
9. Damax
9. WarranThad
13. unknown522
13. Pest
13. Dice
13. Runawayfire

-----------------
Brackets cutoff

17: KirbyKaze
17: Cbone
17: Wak
17: Rimi
21: Fogel
21: ThatGuy
21: Jarc
21: Ambrose
25: Hero
25: Navo
25: SAUS
25: Phrozn
29: Sanuzi
29: worldjem7
29: Arsenic
29: Mouse

Pools results

http://stuff.lanowen.com/Tournaments/TSo4/tos4pool1.PNG
http://stuff.lanowen.com/Tournaments/TSo4/tos4pool2.PNG
http://stuff.lanowen.com/Tournaments/TSo4/tos4pool3.PNG
http://stuff.lanowen.com/Tournaments/TSo4/tos4pool4.PNG

Here's how tiebreakers worked, in order of priority:

1) Match wins
2) Game wins
3) Head-to-head record

Teams

Bracket
http://photos-162.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v159/48/114/517204162/n517204162_264342_4249.jpg

1. Team Quebec Alpha (Bam + Vwins)
2. Sweet Dreams (Damax + Kage)
3. The Charleston (Jarc + ThatGuy)
4. Rayn Ford (Raynex + Unknown522)
5. No Mercy (chesterr01 + TestRider)
5. Good Driving (Europhoria + Ambrose)
7. Gumbot + pkm (GanonPWN! + pkmvodka)
7. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (KirbyKaze + Runawayfire)
9. Doubles Team (Phrozn + Arsenic)
9. We pwn n00bs (Cbone + Saucemonster)
9. Team Quaid (Locke) + Rimi)
9. Team Ferveur (Pest + Hero)
13. 4Dam Owns (???)
13. Negative Mercy (Fogel + Shuriken)
13. WHOPPER NO ONION!!! (Jagg + worldjem7)
13. Team Whatev (???)

Ottawa vs. Toronto

Toronto wins by 5 stock? I didn't watch much of this, so if someone else has more complete results they can post them and I'll add them in here.

Videos (thanks worldjem7)

Part 1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6633885901186159578&hl=en
Part 2: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3166541295206079458&hl=en

Navo

Smash Apprentice
lol i just noticed that Europhoria and Ambrose's team was named good driving... didn't they spin out on the way here? lol

arsenic41

Smash Ace
Good games, good games, thanks for coming everyones, and thanks cam for the tourney.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Yeah we did spin out lol. But Ambrose's awesome 140km per hour driving saved us all. <3 Good Driving. The crew battle was recorded by Eric's camera. It will go up, and TO did win by 5 stock (David ***** too hard... I didn't even get to go in -.-)

Dice

Smash Lord
I'll say it.

Ottawa did not lose to Toronto in crews, Ottawa lost to Kirbykaze.

Dice

Smash Lord
I'm not making excuses, we lost to kirbykaze, he ***** 2 of ottawa's top players.

Anyways on to shoutouts to avoid these assignments and labs for another few minutes...

Ottawa:
Rimi - you are bad lol
Locke - you are bad lol
Navo - you are bad lol
Fogel - ty for another successful ToS, and good matches in pools.
Saus - Your link is awesome.
Cbone - Your falco is awesome.
Phrozn - Your fox is awesome.
Mouse - Your marth is awesome. (good luck on calc 3 exam)
Arsenic - Your samus is awesome.
Gpwn - you are bad lol
Shuriken - you are really bad lol

Toronto:
Ranyex - good games, very impressed with your fox, you are good.
Unknown - never played you unfortuneatly
Kirbykaze - good matches in pools and ty for the crew **** :p You are good.
Runawayfire - good friendlies, you need to learn how to own falcon (ask jarc >_>)
Ambrose - Good friendlies, i enjoy how you play like all the chars, you shoulda stayed sheik vs me in the crew battle, me picking FD was a mindgame to get you to swtich to fox, and it worked :D
Worldjem - good matches, keep working on that marth.
Sanuzi (I think thats how it's spelt?) - good matches in pools, DK stage is too fun :p
Euro*insert rest of name i can't spell here* - nice marth, never got to play you though.

Toronto for the most part is pretty good, but you guys have a looooong way to go if you even want to think about beating montreal.

Quebec:
PKM - you are good, <3 your dk, <3 your falcon, ty for **** in pools.
Chet - nice hair.
Testrider - good matches in brackets, i hate sheik :p, you should have gone gdorf
Kage - nice eyes+hair, your gdorf looks like it has gotten tooo good
Thad - good games in pools, wtf @ your peach.
vwins/bam - both too good
Jarc - nice too see you again, ottawa bums are too cool amirite?
ThatGuy - your falcon owns in teams, good job
Damax - good matches, my gentleman method works perfectly! I swear!

Sorry if I forgot anybody.

See you all in brawl, the pwn party will be back in full force, *****es better be scared.

Locke)

Smash Ace
Ottawa - Cbone and Saus the crew battle was your first taste with that kinda pressure. That will be a great experience for further development of your tournament mindgames. Keep up the sexy work. Pwn Party, the highlight of the night was still me trying to molest other drivers on the way home.

Toronto - You outplayed us and I have no problem admitting it! Kirbykaze your sheik handed me a solid thwomping. You and testrider will make such a happy couple together. Ryan and Bernard you guys have seriously improved wow. Europhoria/Worldjem I enjoyed our marth dittos so keep to the tipper faith.

Montreal - You guys are still the best around. Kage you obviously get much more marth practice than I do ganons =P cause I was way too cocky goin into our set which you then proceeded to **** me in.

As for the pwn party, we have other things to deal with now, and this was to be our last melee event. We won't be attending SFFwhatevernumberitis unfortunately. One thing I did learn form this tournament is that there is strong potential coming from Toronto, and you know what that means...ONTARIO IS COMING FOR YOU POUTINE-EATIN QUEBEC FOLK

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Locke, ya.. I did get a lot of marth practice against the Vwins, Bam, Chet, PKM and Damax and I really do thank them for it, I guess the purpose of it all was to fight you in the end.. or perhaps it's something more. Anyways, if we do play on brawl next time, you know what you will be up against... let's see what you will be able to do... =) And also good games =P

WarranThad

Smash Ace
Theft from locke

Ottawa:
Dice - I hate your falcon so much, wtffff
Rimi - peach traitor
Locke - I never play you, and I'm glad... I'd get ***** by gay marth
Navo - Good game, thanks for setting taping stuff up.
Fogel - Amazing tournament, as always. Grrr @ losing in peach ditto, i hate you forever
Saus - I dont think I talked to you for more than a second
Cbone - re: above
Phrozn - Multiplayer money match, hellz yeah. Your fox has really improved, keep at it.
Mouse - i don't think I know you
Arsenic - see above
Gpwn - how did i beat you again?
Shuriken - I still don't know who you are

Toronto:
Ranyex - Good friendlies, nice job in singles. 3rd strike and smoking next time
Unknown - Didn't play you, but i did scream FORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDD so it's okay.
Kirbykaze - Your sheik was sexy vs ottawa/people who weren't me, FoD sucks hard, but at least i got revenge for my dumb zelda pick last time =/
Runawayfire - sorry about the gay, i almost felt dirty. Chet ***** me after anyways, meh.
Ambrose - maybe we'll play next time?
Worldjem -I didn't play you, which is good because marth is gay.
Sanuzi - **** you for ditching our MM, i'm telling LL
Euro- i dont know you, i dont think

Quebec:
PKM - BE AGRESSIVE! *Blocks half of bank street for 5 minutes* Good **** man, thanks for the lift home and sorry for being incoherent.
Chet - me: sd chet: ok! I totally can't beat foxes
Testrider -I didn't play you once I dont think, **** you
Kage - Biggest nose in Canada
Thad - hey thats me
vwins: we didn't play, nice seeing you again. nice ****** everyone again btw
bam: Your falco is trash just like your roy. **** Fox though, so gay.
Jarc - Ottawa bums are too cool. Good ****, thanks for the stuff all weekend, had lots of fun. We gotta chill some more soon.
ThatGuy - You ***** in teams and then had to face the **** pools =/. Sucks. I'd say you should get a PR spot for a truly EPIC teams performance.
Damax - Thanks for kaging me, hope you enjoy your $29 you jerk. Sick falcon btw

Damax

Smash Lord
Raynex: yo man closes matches, nice improvements! I somehow knew you'd cut it out. have you tried out my tip on Kage? you should

Joel: so you are indeed getting good. I'm pleased, finally. at some point I'd thought you'd stay noob forever. Dang I suck so much at falcon dittos :(

Jarc: <3, nice team performance! really enjoyed watching you vs raynexford!

Jason: you are my hero. teach me the way of the monkey.

Pest: love you kiddie. finally made it outta pool. I'm proud of my student I can rest in peace.

Hero: yo sheik *****, sheik :p

bam: you suck :p

testrider: we should name our baby! make him listen to classic music!

Kage: told ya we'd win teams, that's the best I could do. its really nice teamin with you. keep following the way of the warrior.

thad: sorry for not teaming with you, seeing how we ***** kage and chet the molester on that team battle, I think we could'ave done as good or better than what I did with Kage (no offense there, I only think) Nice singles performance. I want your babies.

vwins: haha classic music for the win. thanks for bringin back my tea cup. <3

Dice: you LIED! lolll.. no actually its pretty true. I'll work it out if I wanna main falcon more... he's deadly in teams. or mine is at least.

TestRider

Smash Ace
Very nice tourney as expected from Cameron.

I won't do extensive shoutouts because I'm lazy and would rather be playing WoW or something, but good games to everyone I played from Quebec or Ontario, I had a lot of fun and the competition was more intense than ever. Once again I got fifth in singles thanks to brackets, I'm definitely not the sixth best in both Quebec and Ontario anymore.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
dmax, when did we have a team match against kage and chet?

oh yeah

now i remember

team babel, LOL

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Shoutoutz!

Cam - Thanks so much man for the tourny! We never played but thats fine, you were busy. GJ your housing ownage. congrats on beating thad! dam that guy won 1 dollar and 25 cents from me, and 2 dollars from a friend! rofl we had a 3 player game money match. the third person was Sanuzi, it was hilarious.

Cbone - Gj on unknown in crews, i would have gotten 4 stocked! We need spacie practice! ROFL @ leannes house, I'll tell you the whole story later. thanks for housing randy. its a good thing you didn't bring your tv, hopefully tho it doesn't completely crap out soon.

Arsenic - Yay for doubles team, we won a game for the first time. Yeah our doubles need work, but im a bigger fan of singles. We need to find a way to get you a cube, no get you a wii and brawl dammeet.

Mouse - Good stuff, thanks for the fun pools games. Hope to see u at the next smashfests, we should convince paul to get into smash. What combo did you ever get on harvey?

SausGator - Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm, shieks and jigg-pulls....! so gay, you still did amazing, be happy that you can use your nail-file of a sword to pop jiggs, and **** the world. Too bad I didn't see much of your games, but congrats on defeating jarc and taking a game from bamsoldiar.

Wasoran - NO I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY WALLET, OR MY WETNAP. GTFO, sorry for losing 2 of your dollars in a money match rofl. Thanks for coming, it was awesome! Now you better make an account on these forums and start posting, and I'll find+give you a cube to start training @ smash if you do. (i found a cube, it was at ian's house) ITS ON!

Krantastic - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkranberries. Thanks sooo much for coming, and good ****ing thing it wasn't toronto, we WOULD have DIED driving there. Me and arsenic never had an 'its on' match against you and ben lol. don't think ya care that much, but it could have been fun.

Kurtis - lol crhistain. thanks for coming, cool u could make it, i hope you weren't bored. toronto trip 1.5 weeks away.

WarrenThad - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WTF! THAT WAS SO BROKEN. If i ever have to play you in teams, I WILL FORFIT. Thanks for the candy, but ur still not getting the green wraps, i hope you feel bad. Your peach was actually really great, i had as much or more trouble with it than vwins's.

Sanuzi - The nightmares....! lolrofl! ok, ok team. no wtf? what! noo! Oh man, fun friendlies too. Keep playing and you'll be really great really fast. Also im dam glad you didn't die on the drive up to ottawa. I hope the way back went fine. Im glad things worked out so well and you got to cams on friday.

Navo - You're last tourny till brawl? dam, hopefully Ill see maybe at smashfests, you samus is great!

Jarc - Hey. How'd u let the SausGator feel victory? Oh well, see u next time.

PKM - Go DK go!

ThatGuy - Dam we never played! We shoulda! next time then.

Kage - Good consistent stuff from what I saw. Other than those ulta sketchy teams we did later on, roflwtf. Nice hair btw lol.

Locke - Not worthy of a shout out. Just kidding, too bad how crews went. Oh well tho, now we just get to ignore all toronto posts till the next tourny.

Dice - More epic training necessary. Play yea later.

tect - tect, tect? tect! where were u! i need fox practice! i got 8 stocked by unknown! wtfsause

Rimi - Must, hit, you, with car, or someone dear to you. Come out to all the smashfests u can!

Shuriken - Yay for ness! I want to play your fox next fest, i need more fox practice.

Gumbot - /wave i'll never see u again eh? /cry

Chesterr - You never got to kill me! haha! Never got to JC shine u eithar.

TestRider - GJ on 5th. Laterr

Pest - Fun pools games. Merci. Lol sorry i don't speak much (any) french.

Vwins - Congrats!

RaynEX - We should have played, next time then.

Unknown - I don't know how, other than your godly mind games and sick shine skills u 8 stocked me in pools, but good job. I i've never been that ***** in my life. Thanks for the friendlies after.

Runawayfire - We should have played. Thanks for coming out even tho the other dudes in the car bailed. Good stuff.

Ambrose - Thanks for the friendlies. Fun pools matches too.

KirbyKaze - awesome stuff in the crews match

Worldjem - Good stuff man. Work on relying less on forward smash, because i found it easy to predict. Also try to fair space animals off the map after you knock them back off when edge guarding.

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
Great tourney sry I didn't stay until the end. :( If I knew what was going with my tv n cube I would have discussed with my friends to stay a lil longer. :(

Arsenic - Yay for doubles team, we won a game for the first time. Yeah our doubles need work, but im a bigger fan of singles. We need to find a way to get you a cube, no get you a wii and brawl dammeet.
Lol you won 2 games remember? on us.

edit: and I should have entered singles instead of double :\

Navo

Smash Apprentice
Shouts:

Locke: best part of the night... your half way out the window screaming at the drivers flailing your amrs out "look at me look at me" ahahah i laughed so hard i almost threw up.

Dice: thanks for taking me to these tournements (i know i could have just walked upstairs and told you lol).

Rimi: POKEMON BATTLE AT YOUR HOUSE

Chet: best DI in Canada

Damax: your falcon owns in teams

Thatguy: hahah... stupid grapple beam... your the reason i actually had fun at the tournement lol. i started off al serious then after i lost to you i realised that its my last tournement and i shouldnt take it so seriously. then i was actually joking around as i played and actually played better haha. so thank you. good job in teams btw

Thad: plays to win :p

Cbone: BRINSTAR FTW!! ahaha great falco i had fun playing with you keep it up.

Saus: craaazy link

Phrozen: too bad we didnt get any freindlies maybe I'll see you at a smashfest or when brawl comes out.

RaynEX: good job in singles/doubles. nice friendlies... to bad we got kicked off the good tv onto the tiny one ahha.

Runawayfire: stupid rest... ahah

PKM: your dk makes me cry... i don't even know how you do thoes combos ahha too bad we didn't get to play this time around.

Shuruken (i have no idea how to spell that)... brain owned you at mcdonalds... transfers his hand through the drinks to steal your nugget ahaha.

Cam: thanks for hosting this. you hosted my very first and my very last melee tounrnement. its been fun thanks for it all. hopefally Twilight of Smash will be reborn in brawl.

sorry if i missed anyone.
i probably wont play this game again lol so see you all in february... and don't worry, the green samus will come back from the grave in brawl. you can never get away from my missle spam lol.

as for the videos, they will be comming. It takes at leased a half an hour to complete a set so be patient all my spare time will be put into them so dont worry/complain. doubles are almost all off the tapes and on my computer but now i just have to shrink them so they wont be like 600mb per match lol. after i'm done doubles and singles I'll make a thread and post them all. then I will make my own version of the crew battle that i recorded. mine may not be as exciting as the guys with the camera but oh well... it will be simple lol.

Navo

Smash Apprentice
you are all in luck... since it's a snow day im staying home from school.. and that means i have all day to work on videos. you should all be thankfull that im giving up my snow day for this :p.

Edit: who used the tag "sick" in teams, fox player i think it is vwins but im not sure if bam played shiek or not.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
**** yeah, navo!

**** yeah, 8:00 class being cancelled!

**** no, 1:00 class not being cancelled!

Navo

Smash Apprentice
ok thanks

k I'm gettig singles on my computer as doubles convert so i can shrink them... now if you know you played a pools or braket match on my vcr and you know ti was recorded please tell me what char you were playing and who you were playing againced. i dont need people who were in any of the finals to tell me since i have a seperate tape for that.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
I was in pools, I played peach throughout (only peach in my pool as far as i know..) I was usually white, maybe pink... I may have had the Thad tag, but no always. I placed Dice (c. falcon), Gpwn (Sheik, Ganondorf, Sheik) and... I think that's it on that TV. I may have also played dragonhawk's sheik on it, which would be on FoD but I doubt it.

Navo

Smash Apprentice
thanks but its still kind of hard to tell whos playing when only few people use tags lol
Edit: ya thad i got yours vs dice but i dont think i have the gpwn one

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
S | ................................................./ ~ ~ ~ ~\
K |.......................~ ~ ~ ~ ~........./.....................~\
I |..................../....................\ ~ /............................\ ~
L |...........~ ~..................................................................\ ~ ~ ~
L |........./....................................................................................\
L |......~.........................................................................................\
V |.../................................................................................................\
L |___________________________________________________________________------
-----------TOS-----------------------------------STYD-----------TOS3-----STYD2-------------TOS4
***************************** Tournaments ********************************

For those of you who like graphs, feel free to indulge yourself in my gameplay graph. (WHICH WAS FUKING HARD TO MAKE!, cause it doesnt post exactly what you draw in the text box, >< ANGER)

Yay for non fox players, fox is gay, yay vwins for not using space animals.

gg's everyone that i played hope you enjoyed watching matches as much as me -.-.

Raynex your fox is good, everyone knows that so yay me for repeating it, good falcon ditto, im very powerful like that -.-

Unknown i cant tell how good you are cause everybody beats me in fox Ditto's and i never played you with other chars, nor did you use other chars against me. Your a cool guy tho.

Ambrose good job for playing other chars, yay for asian driving

Pest gg's you got better, but dont judge me on your wins and hopefully some day you will get to play my real peach.

Kage, i like when you go stompy stompy and punch things. 4 move death counter still applies sometimes its just 3 =).

Chet i ow you one dollar, or you can trade it in for super sexy time, up to you.

GG mr Kirbykaze dash attack combo's are pro, i heart shiek.

everyone else <3, im not giving shoutouts to people i know cause you suck <3

dont judge me on fox ^_^, see you in brawl

unknown522

Some guy
great tourney. thx cam for hosting/housing, and thx ambrose/josh for driving. No death pool + bracket next time plz

shoutouts later.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
my shoutoutz, even if I haven't played so much peope

People dans le pool 3:

Jarc, ta jiggs a quand même réussi plusse que ce que runawayfire a fait sur mon marth, même si j'ai entendu dire que tu jouais affreusement. J'veux te rejouer aussi of course :p

RunawayFire, nice jiggs, sorry for counterpicking marth against you.

Europhobia? I had the brilliant idea to counterpick jiggs against your marth for the first match LOL, nice matchs though, you beat me.

Bam, merci pour les genre de hints de comment placer un forward smash random XD

Caucemonster, you've got a nice link, but I had to take sheik to have a chance. You were pretty good though, nice friendlies to.

Testrider, nice matches, dommage que tu m'aies genre donné un free win avec tes 2 self destructs sur une game. ta sheik est nice.

That samus guy that I didn't remember the name =(, keep practicing your samus, you were good, I just did my lame man and counterpicked you with marth >_>

------

Les autres friendlies etc.

Chet: cétait cool de te revoir, jolie perruque man, quand jy ai touché jtais comme "ah jle savais" :p. Pis ben on a pas joué assez de friendlies selon moi.

Kage: cétait cool les ganons dittos, j'adorais me faire tabasser sérieux XD. J'te rejoue au prochain tournois c'est sur.

That ness player that played my young link: yeah YL countepicks ness and any other low tier according to me >_>

Erix: "hey wak, i'm *enter a name I dont understand at all*"
"who?"
"have you already forgot who I was?"
"are you erix"
"yeah!"
hahah, your marth can't do anything against my roy, my ganon, my samus and my mario... but you 4 stocked my falco and I had a hard time beating you with fox XD (when I was beating him...) I will keep this in mind if I ever have to play you again :p. T'was nice to finally meet you in real life to.

That guy that I played a lot of nice friendlies and we were screaming out loud in a corner of the room: hahahahhahahahah sad times with the knees :p

That guy: never got the chance to play you.

Fogel: Good tournament, nothing went wrong, it was perfect, it was a really well made tournament. congratulation again =)

Pkmvodka: c vrai que cétait pas officiel que tu viennes me chercher, mais t'aurais pu faire autre chose que me raccrocher au nez >_>
Ton DK own, perd-en pas confiance à cause de kk loss contre ma sheik conne. On rejouera éventuellement aussitot que tu vas te dire que j'suis worth the trip to downtown gatineau.

Damax

Smash Lord
Pkmvodka: c vrai que cétait pas officiel que tu viennes me chercher, mais t'aurais pu faire autre chose que me raccrocher au nez >_>
Ton DK own, perd-en pas confiance à cause de kk loss contre ma sheik conne. On rejouera éventuellement aussitot que tu vas te dire que j'suis worth the trip to downtown gatineau.
messemble j'ai entendu pkmvodka dire : maudit il ma racrocher au nez? XD jcrois LOL soi un bug du telephone ou un bug de mon oreille haha.

dmg que t'est pas rester dans le char. ta manquer genre toute la partie de lumière éblouissante pis la musique classic. le voyage a durer 33 seconds.

Vwins

Smash Ace
Navo I'll give you some information on my taped matches to help you.I played pink peach most of the time and I didnt have a tag. I think you have those matches of me on your tapes. Me(peach) vs chester(fox/marth), me(sheik,peach,marth) vs pkm(DK) winner final, me(peach) vs Bam (falco/fox) losers final and me (Marth,peach,IC) vs Pkm(falco,sheik,ganondorf,fox) set 1 and I think I used peach and fox for one match in the second set but I can't remember pkm's character. Bam was fox with the tag sick and I was peach against jarc and thatguy and sheik against damax and kage in team.

Top Bottom