• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CC6 1-5-08 Appleton, WI

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Oh boyzzzz... It's time for another tourney hosted by me. Yah, this time, confirmed date, confirmed new location. Yah, so look yonder.

When: Saturday January 5th, 10-7. We get the room for exactly 9 hours. That means we start at exactly 11. Be there by 10:30 no later to register. If you're going to be late, call! I'll give out my number through pm if it's a necessity.
Where : NOT CHIMERAS ZOMG.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Appleton College Avenue
3730 W. College Avenue
Appleton, WI 54914
Make sure you get the right one, there are like two of them, right next to each other. So don't be a scrub and miss it.

Entree Fee's and Such
Singles $10
Teams $10 Per Team
Entrance Fee : $5- The entree fee will go directly to the venue, and all extra money that is not used for the venue, will be put in the pot.
Pot Will be Split for Both 60/30/10

Tourny Rules:

•RR into double elimination bracket
•All matches are best of 3, with finals best of 5.
•4 stock, 8 minute limit
•Ties broken by lives/percentage
•Items OFF

•Stages limited to the 5 neutral stages for random, others open for counterpicks.

•Neutral stages: Yoshi Story 64, Pokemon Stadium. Final Destination Battlefield, Dream Land.
FoD for singles, while we'll sub DK 64 in for teams.

•Stages banned: Yoshi's Island, MKI, Peach's Castle , Venom, Big Blue, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Termina, and Yoshi's Island 64 KONGO JUNGLE

•Dave's Real Stupid Rule: A stage may only be replayed if the loser of that stage re counter picks it.

•Knock-out: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.

•Advanced Slob Picks - Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters

•Double Blind pick may be called at any time

Wobbling is Banned during singles, legal during teams.

•Special Team Rules:
• Team Attack ON
• Life stealing allowed
• Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned

So yah the date is secure. We're going to need setups. I can account for 1 full setup. So lets see all of Wisconsin make this. This will be the Last CC before Brawl comes out. It would be nice to see all of Wisconsin come down again.

SETIPS
1 Full Set-Up Lonejedi + Puffinator
1 Full Set-Up Bzzl
1 Cube- Harry

Zicore

Smash Champion
I second this...stupid up-airing fox whores...

on a light note, WHO NEEDS RIDE! HUMAN TAXI HERE!

Puffinator

Smash Ace
ill come if that's not the weekend of nat quals, which it could be.
Also caleb we can maybe hang out tomorrow after noon. ill call

Eci4

Smash Ace
I might not be the one driving to this, but I should be able to get you a ride Yoshii (also Deepak if he wants one)

but after that, my (or my friend's) car should be filled up.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Not that weekend. But you guys should bring a carload down for my tournament on the 8th.:)

http://z6.invisionfree.com/MNSmash/index.php?showtopic=466
Shame that these guys are going to MSOP2 on the 8th Yoshii; if you didn't have a tourney to hold that weekend, I'd suggest you go too. :)

Perhaps we can have people come the next weekend; I was thinking of forcing someone to have a smashfest that following weekend, but then I had forgotten you're doing these weeklies :D

*AHEM*

Anyways, back on topic: Lone, do you mean for RR pools to be for both teams and singles? Usually it's just teams at these little local tourneys, so I wanted to check...

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
We're going to play RR by ear. I was thinking of doing Round Robin for Teams, no bracket. Then we would do pools for singles, depending on how many guys we have. If we have over 32, to a 32 man bracket. below 32, to a 16 man bracket. It all depends.

Time will be another issue. We have 9 hours to use the venue, including clean up. So we'll have to start ASAP. We'll have an hour lunch break, but we have to be running on schedule. So The Tourney will start directly at 11. If we get enough MN, maybe we could do the third and final crew battle. But we should prob save that fee HJ5 when we have more time.

Doomian

Smash Cadet
-_- Why can't there be any tourneys in my town (Madison)?

I'd go, but I can't drive... legally, at least >_>...

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
You can do that KSSB, and no JS

5 dollar entree fee to get in, then normal pay for singles and teams.

Once we hit the amount for the venue, the rest goes into the pot.

Quaz

Smash Master
kssb is right, once a stage is banned it shouldn't be allowed to be played on at all during the set

I'll try to come to this, maybe I'll get a ride from the almighty sync, or maybe I'll know how to drive by myself by then LOL

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
hmmm, I thought tournaments always were like that. There is no rule that says in tournaments that you can't pick the stage you banned.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
at that point, it's only if both players agree; players base strategies around which stages they expect or don't expect to play.

Haze378

Smash Apprentice
A definite maybe. It's about 6 1/2 hours from where I live. I might room with Quaz if I go.

It's ALOT easier for me to make this tournament because I'll be on break.

element_of_fire

Smash Lord
lol... haze .... i'd say go to a different tourney... but havin' a gamewinners meetup just sounds too cool... if only we could fly beef and crazy up here XD

Top Bottom