• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mog for brawl(please close)NEW MOG THREAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

platnum

Smash Lord
info
if you are wondering who mog is read on.

mog is short for moogle,a creature from the game franchise final fantasy and is basicly the mascot

mog is also the name of a moogle from final fantasy VI and is one of the only moogles to ever join the party in any FF game.in FFVI he uses his dances to call upon the power of whatever environment he is in.he also wields a spear.his dances and spear are what i base my moveset on.
note:his dances are linked in page 3

more info here and here

now to explain how mog could get in.here goes.

sakurai would definetley want an FF character in brawl(why not?).FF is a very popular franchise around the world and it would be a travisty to not include an FF character in brawl.
most likely sakurai would focus on the first six FF's and would probably eleminate every character in the first three execpt black mage for obvious reasons.and probably elimenate everyone from IV and V(again,obvious reasons).that leaves VI.most likely most of the VI characters would be droped leaving gau terra sabin and mog. any one of them would be good but mog would probably be chosen over any of them he IS more popular and more versatile moveset wise.so there you go.

THE MOG SQUAD
a club i created to support mog.

curent members
platnum(me) the mogerater
~krystal~ the first member.
tennisthelif the second member
mirron the third member.
IsmaR the fourth member*back from the dead YAY*
Zero suit Falcon the fith member.
coolfufuman the 6th member.
miklel 2 the 7th member
DR.saturn the 8th member
pending members
BINX
100links
doktursea(creater of the moogle thread which is linked in the post under this one)

stats
strength****:mog is actualy quite strong.
speed*****:mog is realy realy fast.
wieght**:as you would expect mog is very light.
traction*:barly any traction at all.

MOVESET

basic

A.
punch.
a basic punch.
2%

AA
double punch.
two basic punches
5%

AAA
punch punch kick.
two punches and a kick.
10%

tilts

Ftilt
spear jab
a quick spear jab
9%

Utilt
spear slash
same as roy and marth's Utilt
6%

Dtilt
spear poke
same as marth and roy's Dtilt.
5%

dash

dash A
roll
mog rolls forward doing damage to those who get in the way.
12%

smash

FSmash
hard spear jab
a stronger version of his spear jab.
9-26%

USmash
upward spear smash
same as marth USmash but with eletric damage.
12-24%

DSmash
spin dance
mog spins rapidly
3-40%

air

Nair
air spin
mog spins around while holding out his spear
8-19%

Fair
double kick
mog kicks forward with both feet
16%

Dair
drill kick
same as kirby's Dair
12-21%

Uair
flip kick
same as C.F.'s Uair
12%

Bair
back spear
mog swings his spear behind him.
26%

grab

grab A
grab punch
obvious>_>
2%

Utoss
spear toss
mog throws his victem up then stabs them with his spear
27%

Dtoss
trample
same as kirby's Dtoss
23%

Ftoss
kick throw
mog throws his victem foward than jumps and kicks them
14%

Btoss
roll toss
same as pikachus but with no electricity
9%

special

B
random spell
mog casts a random spell(shown bellow)
???%

>B
spear drill
Mog will thrust forward, if he connects, he will then zap the enemy with electricity.
18%

^B
jump
mog jumps up high and slams down spear first.
30%

vB
dance
random dance(shown bellow)
???%

Final Smash
summon
mog summons a random esper(shown below)

spells

thundaga
mog points at the ground and lightning strikes infront of him

firaga
a pillar of flames erupts in front of mog

blizaga
mog freezes the ground in front of him making it slipery

curaga
mog heals some %

ultima(rare)
masive blue explosion

dances:

Water Harmony: Heals Mog for 10%, Mog then spreads water around him (Uber-Broken)
Wind Rhapsody: Creates tornadoes around Mog.
Forest Nocturne: Sets up grass, for a move restricing trap. (Does not affect Mog)
Desert Lullaby: The first person who touches Mog will be hurt for 20%
Love Serenade: Creates a small explosion, whoever it hits, their controls will be warped.
Earth Blues: Rocks erupt around Mog.
Snowman Rondo: Turns the floor around Mog to ice.
Twilight Requiem: Small black explosion, instant KO.

espers:
chocobo
after being summoned it runs around the stage wildly for 10secs than disapears

ifrit
after it's summoned it wraps itself in flames than charges across the stage at high speed.

shiva
after it's summoned an blizard blowes across the stage freezing every one...except mog:p

bahamut
after it's summoned it uses megaflare to incinerate the stage.

10 moogles(RARE)
the ten moogles appear and start flying across the stage causing huge damage to whoever they hit.

arguments debunked
Okay, now I shall post some typical arguments against Mog. This specific time, it will be why Mog should get in over the other representatives, such as Crono, Geno, and Sora.

Mog has a large number of things going for him. He has a unique moveset, a moveset that can be based on a neglected weapon (spear) in the Super Smash Bros series, as well as a number of other unique features in terms of mechanics. But, these are just nice things. As fun as it would be to have a Moogle playable in the SSB series, why should he get in over the likes of Geno, Sora, and Crono?

Well, in Geno's case, it's easy. Geno and a SE representive can both get in, as Geno would count as a Mario character. So, for all you Geno supporters out there, I want Mog and Geno, and both are capable of getting in without damaging the others chances. Now, onto the others.

Sora is a tricky case. He is owned, at least in part, but I believe it's entirely, by Disney. If he is completely owned by Disney, I'm not sure how good his chances are, but I believe that Mog has better chances in this case. If he is partially owned by Disney, it still causes problems. To make a long story short, Mog is simply easier to get as a character than Sora is.

Now we have Crono. Crono is quite a good character, representing a neglected series, the Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross series. Of course, only Chrono Trigger appeared on a Nintendo system, but luckily Crono was the main character of that game. Crono represents an obscure series, more obscure than what Mog represents, the entire FF series. However, the two series that represent SE are FF, and DQ. FF is the one that is most likely to get a representative, at least to me. Crono does not represent the FF series. Even though he is obscure, and Sakurai likes obscure, that isn't enough. Mog is obscure enough, and represents a larger part of history, capable of representing all the Nintendo FF's by his inclusion.

This brings me to my last argument, at least for now. Black Mage, or, even broader, FF classes. It is unlikely that we will ever get a character from one game, but the classes represent a broader section of games. As well, most of the FF's on Nintendo systems have classes. So, why not have one of them? Well, Mog is perfectly capable of representing any of the classes that you want him too. In the link I posted earlier, he represents Dragoons, Dancers, and Geomancers without giving him anything particularly unique. Mog could easily use Black and White Magic, and his FS could easily be a summon, which gets most of the major magic classes easily. Basically, Mog is a blank slate, one that can be used to represent more of the FF series through it's inclusion than any of the generic classes, especially as Mog can use Chocobos, the other mascot of the FF series, without it seeming off, which is the same for Mog using any of the other classes abilities.

And those are my arguments against the other major representatives. If there is anyone else, or any points you disagree with, let me know.

Dearie me. I need to be on here more, since this is apparently a very controversial character inclusion.

Now then, Slime. I wasn't sure if I should include him in my argument section, same goes for Cloud. Mainly because I didn't see them appear much here. I really don't feel like arguing much right this second, in a short while I'll probably come up with an argument for Slime. Not that I would hate to see him in, it's just Mog has my support for the SE rep first, Slime would come in at a second, I think. Anyways, about Cloud. He has a chance, a slim one, but I personally don't feel that he will get in. He made a minor appearance in a side game for a primarily PS series. Of course, I could be wrong. However, I believe SE has enough common sense not to try including him. Cloud fits in Dissidia, but here, they can use characters that they couldn't normally use, namely Slime and Mog. The cuter, cuddlier characters, or characters like Geno, who is a legal issue for them, and sort of pointless in a non-Mario related game. Why not, I guess I'll go into an argument against Slime.

At this point, Slime is the largest competitor for the SE representative, as far as I see it. Every point I made for Mog could be turned around and applied to Slime. Slime has a strange moveset, with a wide variety of moves he could use. He's cute, represents a series very well, being the mascot for the DQ series. These are all similar to Mog. So, in this case, I suppose it would be brought down to a few things. Mog represents the FF series, and Slime represents the DQ series. Now, both series are very popular. However, the DQ series, while popular primarily in Japan, did not catch on quite as well as the FF series did in America, and I'd guess the rest of the world. I could be wrong on this part, so if so, please let me know. As FF is likely more popular worldwide in comparison to the DQ series, it would make sense for them to choose the more popular one. Especially since Sakurai said he's trying to go for characters that aren't only popular in Japan, which I believe would help Mogs chances more than Slime. In the end, these two are the most likely representatives for the SE spot, and while I believe Mogs chances are better, it is in all likelihood a close call.

Now then, about SE saying they won't put in FF characters, I'd like to see where he said it. I don't find it impossible to believe, but it is best to provide proof of what you claim. However, I still find it possible for them to change their minds, or, perhaps, for them to consider Mog to be above this sort of thing, as he is a mascot more than an actual character of the FF series. I could be wrong, but, we have no way of knowing, so I'll leave it at that.

other move sets.
Moveset:

Character: Mog
Series: Final Fantasy
Stats
Height: 3/5 (same height as Pikachu)
Weight: 3/5
Speed: 3/5
Power: 5/5
Jump: 3/5
Falling speed: Low
Glide: Can Glide. Equivalent to Meta-Knight (Oh dear god Mog's going to be broken)

Moveset
A: Right Punch
AA: Left Punch
AAA: Kick
A >: Small Lance thrust (Next to no lag)
A ^: Swings his spear in an arc.
A v: Stabs his spear into the ground he is facing.
A Dash: Jumps forward with a spear.

A > Smash: Lance Thrust
A ^ Smash: Stabs his spear into the air
A v Smash: Stabs spear into the ground, creating a small explosion

Netural air: Spins in the air
Forword air: Pounds with his head
Back air: Kicks (the equivalent on Ness' back air)
Down air: Swings his lance downward
Up air: Takes his lance and does a front flip

B: Reflect: Any projectile is reflected two-fold, like Fox's Reflector, but he has to take 10 second rests from B to B.
B >: Lance Drill, Mog will thrust forward, if he connects, we will then zap the enemy with electicity.
B ^: Dragoon Jump: jumps into the air, with his lance pointing up. If he does it starting from the gound, he goes higher.
B v: Random Dance: Mog dances, random effects will occur. Shown at bottom.

Grab >: throws just like Mario, spins once then throws.
Grab <: Same as Pikachu's back throw.
Grab ^: Throws up, then stabs with a lance.
Grab v: Jumps into the air, than slams a spear into his enemy.

Final Smash: Dancing Ultima
Mog starts to Dance, then 2 sceonds later, a huge blue explosion (like Ultima, just with no 'growing time'.) envelops around Mog.

Dance:
Water Harmony: Heals Mog for 10%, Mog then spreads water around him (Uber-Broken)
Wind Rhapsody: Creates tornadoes around Mog.
Forest Nocturne: Sets up grass, for a move restricing trap. (Does not affect Mog)
Desert Lullaby: The first person who touches Mog will be hurt for 20%
Love Serenade: Creates a small explosion, whoever it hits, their controls will be warped.
Earth Blues: Rocks erupt around Mog.
Snowman Rondo: Turns the floor around Mog to ice.
Twilight Requiem: Small black explosion, instant KO.

Mog for brawl

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In an interview with Famitsu, Square said, if they had a choice of a character in Brawl, it would not be from Final Fantasy because the series is so vast with so many different characters

minus the billie

Smash Rookie
The likelihood of him appearing is slim, but you make a valid point. I can't really picture him in smash brothers, but would have no problem with it. I think he has a higher chance than the horrible character 'Geno' that everyone wants for some apparent reason. (Don't destroy me, I just don't get it).
ChocoDash sounds fantastic.
The fact he is on so many systems and even in a mario game, gives him a decent chance in my book.
All for Olimar, Stafy, Bomberman, Ridley for newcomers!!

vesperview

Smash Hero
I don't think even you believe in this thread... seriously Mog's have never even taken center stage in any Final Fantasy games since VI, they just save your game, heal you, they don't even look like that anymore, this is the new look:

Plus, you're giving them a Black Mage and Summoner moveset... a Mog wouldn't summon Bahamut is unheard of, they were in your party in VI and could do it, but that's not what mogs are about, and calling a chocobo to do Choco/Mog just for a Side B is way too much, you obviously haven't played a Final Fantasy game in your life.

What's next Cactuar, Tonberry or maybe Moomba? Seriously.

platnum

Smash Lord
I don't think even you believe in this thread... seriously Mog's have never even taken center stage in any Final Fantasy games since VI, they just save your game, heal you, they don't even look like that anymore, this is the new look:

Plus, you're giving them a Black Mage and Summoner moveset... a Mog wouldn't summon Bahamut is unheard of, they were in your party in VI and could do it, but that's not what mogs are about, and calling a chocobo to do Choco/Mog just for a Side B is way too much, you obviously haven't played a Final Fantasy game in your life.
OH yes i have played final fantasy.and mog is not short for moogle its the name of the moogle who joins your party in FFVI and he can summon bahamut.i chosse those moves because sakurai would pick them.btw choco dash aint too much all it does is ram opponets.

vesperview

Smash Hero
OH yes i have played final fantasy.and mog is not short for moogle its the name of the moogle who joins your party in FFVI and he can summon bahamut.i chosse those moves because sakurai would pick them.btw choco dash aint too much all it does is ram opponets.
Then you obviously haven't played VI, cause Mog equips a spear, has enough dances to make a moveset out of and not be a Black Mage or a Summoner, he never Choco Dashes in any game outside VII, which is a summon, and how much lagging does a side B have to have in order to pull off that kind of move? well enough for anyone to thoroughly pwn you, so moveset completely fails.

platnum

Smash Lord
Then you obviously haven't played VI, cause Mog equips a spear, has enough dances to make a moveset out of and not be a Black Mage or a Summoner, he never Choco Dashes in any game outside VII, which is a summon, and how much lagging does a side B have to have in order to pull off that kind of move? well enough for anyone to thoroughly pwn you, so moveset completely fails.
not that much lag about as much as falcon kick and btw mog dosent ride the chocobo it just runs by itself.

vesperview

Smash Hero
No no no! Plus, what's up with Thundaga just like Ness's PK Thunder and Blizzaga just like Ice Climbers, seriously you just pulled that moveset out of your ***, not only his moves are not original to the series but he is a clone of many characters... epic fail!

cecilbartz

Smash Cadet
That moveset sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that bahamut is from FFX, Nintendo wouldn't even consider getting the rights for it, plus there aren't even moogles in FFX

vesperview

Smash Hero
Actually if Final Fantasy wasn't so Nintendo limited, his FS could be turning into Madeen from FFIX and doing Terra Homing, just like in the game, plus he is Terra's father in VI and as a summon in tactics advance which kinda gives it a shot.

But again very unlikely.

platnum

Smash Lord
That moveset sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that bahamut is from FFX, Nintendo wouldn't even consider getting the rights for it, plus there aren't even moogles in FFX
i used that bahamut becuase it was awsome not to say it would be in the game.
btw that moveset does not suck.its all that i could come up with.i got the spear from FFVI

platnum

Smash Lord
SORRY for the double post but i had to just to stop the thread from dying,which would be bad

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
i just think you're getting brutally attacked for what is actually quite an original and valid topic is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom