• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact Crew Battle - NORCal(gary) vs. SOCal(gary)! - 8-26-2007

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615

At Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XX on August 26th, 2007, the Calgary community was divided in two for a mad-crazy, 40-stock crew battle . . . this video is the result!

MUSIC CREDITS
  • Johann Sebastian Bach - Concerto For 3 Harpsichord in C - First Movement
  • Rastachild - Wit’s End
  • Queen - Football Fight
  • Pulsedriver - Galaxy
  • Musicsdarkangel - Stoopid
  • Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama
  • Clarence White - Shady Grove
  • Billy Bragg - Accident Waiting to Happen
  • Blind Melon - Hell
  • Queen - A Dozen Red Roses For My Darling
  • Danny Danzi - Majic Soul
  • Live - Top
  • Tool - Schism
  • Kilgore - Freezer Burn
  • Randall Morrison - Scrub Impact Boogie
Hopefully y'all enjoy watching it. The community in Calgary, despite being perhaps one of the liveliest newer communities in terms of activities, has been long overdue for videos for some time.

EDIT: Oo ouch, Google Video really destroyed the quality. I'd get the download if I were you. Or at least set it to "orignal size."

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
New players: You did good, don't be discouraged. You'll get better over time.

Levi, play better next time.

South WILL have their revenge.

Patriot$

Smash Rookie
Pretty cool crew battle, g-g-g-g-get em Nitro =]. Low Tier characters are more enjoyable to watch, and yea Google somewhat ruined the quality but it was cool.

Demongod86

Smash Apprentice
Nice attempt at a video, but I'm afraid that's as far as it goes. While I know it takes a great deal of skill and concentration in smash just to not look like a moron and do the moves you want to do, it takes a whole different level to actually play smash that's entertaining to *watch*, and most people can't come near that, and unfortunately, you guys aren't there yet. However, I'll give you kudos for having the balls to post. Keep playing and eventually, you'll post something which you won't have to post a disclaimer to.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
You can leave any time. This wasn't an attempt at a video, it was a video. It's great that you're not entertained by it, but we have a community with skilled players in it regardless and we don't need a disclaimer or a bunch of randoms from the forums to tell us that. It is an insult to our entire community to have these sorts of projects spat on by someone who doesn't know the first thing about everything we've done to make it as far as we have. It takes a whole different level to play smash that's entertaining to watch...duh, you people are impossible to please.

Thanks again for the "kudos" and the reminder that it was a nice attempt at a video despite not being good enough to even be considered one.

The first match reminds me so much of sid vs wilfred
I know! That's exactly what I thought and as soon as the match started it was a potent deja vu experience. :)

Demongod86

Smash Apprentice
You can leave any time. This wasn't an attempt at a video, it was a video. It's great that you're not entertained by it, but we have a community with skilled players in it regardless and we don't need a disclaimer or a bunch of randoms from the forums to tell us that. It is an insult to our entire community to have these sorts of projects spat on by someone who doesn't know the first thing about everything we've done to make it as far as we have. It takes a whole different level to play smash that's entertaining to watch...duh, you people are impossible to please.

Thanks again for the "kudos" and the reminder that it was a nice attempt at a video despite not being good enough to even be considered one.

I know! That's exactly what I thought and as soon as the match started it was a potent deja vu experience. :)
If you're out to please others, it's the result that counts, not the attempt. If you're out to please yourself and make a milestone, be my guest. Compared to other crew videos, yours was...lacking. And that's not my fault.

As for being impossible to please, you guys simply aren't there yet. Most of us aren't, but most of us aren't posting video attempts, either.

Here's the thing: I'm not comparing your "crew" to my college friends and myself who can barely short hop or have trouble implementing advanced maneuvers into our games...I'm comparing you with the people that have posted impressive videos.

So if people are more impressed with your attempt and the work that went into the video rather than the skill you demonstrated, take it for what it's worth, because compared to most videos posted here, the skill demonstrated in this video is lacking. And that's not a dig on you. That's a statement of fact. Odds are, people like SilentSpectre and Germ put a lot more time into smash than your crew has, so it's only natural that they're more impressive.

So if you feel like continuing to smash and post better videos, be my guest. I and others (though I can't speak for them) might give it a watch. If you're going to say "you ppl can't be pleased!!11oneoneone YOU=TEH SUX!" and stop posting, well, you won't be missed.

Look, you're probably better than 95% of the smashers in the world. However, it's that one half of 1% that's making the amazing videos. And that's because they practiced long and hard. Think about that.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Demongod, your comparing us to DBR? Just because their videos are very impressive indeed, doesn't mean that Randall's video should be compared to them. It's like comparing a high school football game to a NFL game. The high school game is, obviously, not as entertaining as the NFL game, but that doesn't mean that no one watches the high school football game. Many of the team's friends (and family) will watch it, to see there friends or brother/sister play and slowly improve over time. To be like, OH WOW, i can't believe Levi knee'd Allan's charged Samus shot or Oh, Riley really improved. That's why why Randall makes these videos, to entertain those people. Some random person who randomly shows up and "speaks" for the majority won't make us stop. If your the kind of guy who likes watching pros and not the little guys trying to reach that level, then you can stop watching, just don't tell Randall or anyone else to stop making vids. My two cents.

Also. Randall, i'll miss you.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'd leave it alone, Victor, the more you argue, the easier people will find holes in what you say. :) I appreciate the soldiering support, but I don't actually need it to know that it was a worthwhile video even if only the crews in competition bother watching it.

EDIT: Besides, half the people will watch the atrociously boring first match and assume that it's indicative of the rest of the content, which makes the impatience of the viewers that much more amusing. And the harpsichord concerto that much more appropriate. :lol:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm downloading the crew-battle now, but its taking abnormally long. O.o'

I want you to know that I'm still downloading it, though. :)

JAPMAN

Smash Journeyman
Ooo...Demongod88! Shut the **** up and get the **** out. This isn't Sparta, but seriously get the **** out. Crew vids aren't there for the entertainment of everyone, it's there so that people can observe, see whats happening where at what intensity. The kind of people who watch our vids are people who like to play us, want to play us, or just plain likes to know whats going on, for example our next door neighbours the Saskatchewaiwainans and the BC people. No one really gives jack **** about your opinion, espcially after you did mention that you play like **** and all the things you have to say seem like bashing, so thank you, but I don't appreciate the opinion of an underling and a piece of scum.

I haven't been here for long, so I'm not familiar with the players here yet but I do understand and realize that alot of effort has been put into this community by many individuals to raise it out of nothing, which is another thing you don't seem to realize, so please **** off.

Plus this is a a for fun crew, just north vs south in an friendly atmosphere. I mean sure, DBR is fantastic in comparison cause they PURPOSEFULLY show off in matches and crew battles to an extent they don't need to. I mean look at Zelgadis right now, hes a shine *****, got praised for it and is now low on his local PR. Not for us thanks.

Oh and lastly, **** YOU ***** ****.

Yes I'm pissed, espicially when i see arrogant *******s who can't even come up with an original name..Psh Demongod88...gimme a break, how many people use that name? ***goty ***goty douche bag.

DJT88

Smash Cadet
Hey Randall, I downloaded the video but when I played it all of my media players said that there was an error such as (this file does not contain a video track). I've tried Divx, real player, and windows media player. Is there a way to fix this? thx.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Randall, are you ever gonna post the crwe video in parts on Youtube? The Googlevideo link is gross.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Hey Randall, I downloaded the video but when I played it all of my media players said that there was an error such as (this file does not contain a video track). I've tried Divx, real player, and windows media player. Is there a way to fix this? thx.
You'll need to extract the .RAR file, which contains an MPEG video.

The white lines are as a result of image processing, I don't know what to tell you about our capture card. It was expensive and claimed to be the top end brand in the business, but it's given us many video quality issues.

I'm not uploading it in parts to YouTube, but anyone else is welcome to. Or, if you want to dice the videos up into parts, I can upload them, but this file is complete in its current form and I don't have time to continue working with it.

DJT88

Smash Cadet
That was my problem, after I extracted it with winrar the mpeg file wouldn't play, don't worry Randall I didn't try to play the .rar file :laugh:.

Ermine

Smash Ace
I'm sorry guys X_X... If it was anyone but Peach... I would have been more offensive... But as you can see... Getting up close to her didn't work so well... So I started my spam fest like I like to do with Peach players.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i lol'd. I knew some one would say that.

It's NOrth CAlgary and SOuth CAlgary. Not North California and South California. You know, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Thus

NORCal(gary) vs. SOCal(gary)

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
yea i thought it was norcal(i) vs socal(i) =[

ah well, i'm canadian so w00t for Calgary! i used to live in BC. in Burnaby actually.

EDIT: the first match was the most disgusting thing i've ever seen LO. a peach that only rolls and dash attacks a pikachu that knows adv techniques but can't roll chase. and 5 stocks of it??!?! no thanks =[

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
NorCal only one because SorCal's Giga Bowser player was absent. That's me. In the credits. YEAH. (No it's not)
GARY I'M COMING FOR YOUR BLOOD.
Randall, I particularly enjoyed your Luigi in this vid.
Same with Nitro's Kirbs. Nice gays, lol.
Levi, wtf dude?! l2p :( your combo breaking my heart.
M, nice Samus, loved the last stock you took off of Gary.
Kithkin, good shiz son.
Gary, you're dead. ;)
I actually enjoyed watching that, and I didn't expect to stay up until 4 AM doing so. AND I watched it on google video nonetheless. It was entertainment for me, because I can always call out a Marth combo, but a Kirby combo...dayumn. Now I have to sleep, thanks for the mucho distraction from my bed guys.

Top Bottom