• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TEXTURES-- Blue Fire and NOW Electric/Psychic Red

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: The link below is fixed, no green kirby faces!

[URL="http://www.rarhost.com/download-fpnuqt.html]Link to Blue Fire[/URL]

[URL="http://www.rarhost.com/download-a46pi5.html]Link to Electric/Psychic Color-Change[/URL]

In order for the images to work, you need to place the .rar file into your "SMASH_BROTHERS" folder, which is located in your self-created hires_textures folder. Then unzip (or unrar, w/e) the file and go to your "Configure Graphics Plugin" on your PJ64 toolbar. Go over to "Load high res texts when available" and check the box, and voila!

There are 133 altered textures in all, and they aren't "perfect", you'll find a few frames here and there that aren't blue fire. So sew me. I can't seem to change the "yellow bang" that occurs when you forget to tech, or when you hit the ground with Falcon's down-B, apparently that's not a texture that I'm able to alter.

EDIT 2:

I now have included an ELECTRIC + PSYCHIC attacks texture, which makes Pikachu's and Ness's various attacks a red, orange or dark pink color. Note that blue still exists in their attacks-- not all images in the game are textures that can be simply edited.

ALSO, you'll note that both these packets have minor effects on other textures-- the Fire textures will make pikachu's down-B misses have blue fire, and Ness's B attack have some blue flames.

I would have used more "small textures", except when I work with them specifically, some parts still appeared completely unmodified, so I switched and edited all png and bmp files as well, just to make sure. It helped... O.o... somehow.

SCREENIES of ELECTRIC/PSYCHIC:

Nephiros

Smash Ace
If both use the same graphic plugin it should be fine, I'm not sure if the textures really affect it.

Screenshots would be appreciated, btw.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Lets just hope people use Rice's new plugins more often on Kal.

Switched computers so imageshack would be cooperative.

And you know what Nephiros? You're welcome.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
F55DA90 is link's mouth.

You also edited Kirby's face? @_@ (E2C0AF16, 93CCD561, 933FF55A, 86A69D65, 764E1821, 15A22745...etc)

Also, I believe the green texture you're talking about is
"SMASH BROTHERS#CC0EA93A#2#0#3FBF01A9_ciByRGBA.png"
in the ci_by_png folder

You don't need to edit the same texture from the two bmp folders and the png one, just editing the png one is usually faster and they're easier to edit. Just make sure you have "use smaller textures" checked in the plugin options.

You're welcome too.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Thanks wenbo and kso,

And to Neph, Argh! The green-kirby face shouldn't be there, and some 15 other textures of fire should be in there place! My brother didn't delete his texture edits after goofing around T.T

And I actually didn't edit all these files individually, I used a chinese syncing program called YuanQu-DouHack that allowed me to simple edit 1 of them, and then mimic that same edit on all the other ones I had selected (I just altered the saturation, tints, etc). But I'll use the "use smaller textures" anyway, if it simplifies things. Thanks! :)

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Now that I have textures working on this computer, I'll probably be coming out with more texture packs... I'm thinking Pikachu's electric attacks and Ness costumes... Link pink-bombs o.o

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Could someone send it to me via msn when im on?(BHLMRO@Hotmail.com if anyone didnt know)

It gives me this error

The URL http://"http://www.rarhost.com/download-ipk7to.html contains characters that are not valid in the location they are found.
I think its cuss im using an Opera browser cuss...

Firefox bounces up and down and does some crazy $hit

and

Ie just sucks and lags like a *****

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I'm rehosting the files now, it doesn't appear to be working for me either, also I'll email you both Winrar files BHLMRO... I don't have MSN, only AIM.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I think u did this on purpose

"Hey lets not let the guy who taught us how to use textures download my new textures"

U ALL HATE ME!!!!!!!!

And u have msn...Ur just telling me u dont for an excuse not to send. HURRY UP

Lol

_kSo_

Smash Master
Haha lookin at the new pika/ness electric/psychic stuff. it looks pretty cool. I still think that falcon's fire thing looks cooler.

here's an idea, couldn't you make the colors of their attacks respective to what color outfit the player chooses? i think that'd be pretty cool.

So like Normal colored falcon would have a purple ish fire color, the red one would have a red fire color, the black one would have a dark greyish one, and the white/pink one would have a like bright white (or pink i guess....) fire color.

just a thought

Nephiros

Smash Ace
You can't unless you want to change the textures every time you change falcon's color. But then that'll look stupid if two players choose him.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
That'd be hard for two reasons, Kso--

You'd have to make seperate folders in the hire_textures folder, and switch between naming each one "SMASH BROTHERS"

... and each of these seperate folders would have to contain textures for THAT given costume + fire effects.

I also already tried making a blue falcon to go along with the blue fire, it ends up that only about half of the parts that Falcon is made up of are textures. If you edit him, he'll have this HORRIBLE looking purple and blue suit T.T

And I'll see if I can copy the WHOLE of the files in the blue-falcon .rar, and then use the syncing program to quickly make other fire-colors. I'm thinking green and white next, we'll see.

PS. When I loaded the textures for Ness in order to alter the color of his his psychic attacks, I couldn't seem to find the right textures that were responsible for making the color of his t-shirt, yet we've seen on BHLMRO's (or was it Neph's?) post that Ness had a black suit on... what situation in-game do I have to put Ness in, in order for those textures to be dumped into my folders? BHLMRO? :)

_kSo_

Smash Master
is it impossible, or just impractical? kuz i was really excited about that idea. i thought it was a cool idea. maybe they implemented something like that into brawl?

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
This looks like over filtered garbage. I hope your not serious, at least Neph's attempt was funny. (This is my opinion, that I am entitled too.) No personal offence intended.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Okaygo don't expect people to not take offence when you call their **** garbage. If you don't like it, don't use it. I'd feel worse except I've never valued your opinion on anything before, why should I now? No offense or anything.

But perhaps in the future you'll be more pleased, I'm using a different editing program and might replace Falcon's fire with pillows. Or bunnies. Or jello.

Anyways, I made a "grey" version of the blue fire (I tried to make it white with normal saturation, but a light grey is the best I could get without ruining it), but its honestly too ugly compared to other colors for me to make screenshots or host it... I'll see if there is something more appealing to make.

And Kso I'll describe to you the Falcon I made when I edited his textures-- blue pecs, purple abs, blue forehead, purple backside, blue shins, purple legs. I honestly had to quit after about 20 seconds of playing with him. That's the other reason I was asking about ness-- I wanted to see if I could exclusively edit the t-shirt textures.

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Okaygo don't expect people to not take offence when you call their **** garbage. If you don't like it, don't use it. I'd feel worse except I've never valued your opinion on anything before, why should I now? No offense or anything.

But perhaps in the future you'll be more pleased, I'm using a different editing program and might replace Falcon's fire with pillows. Or bunnies. Or jello.

Anyways, I made a "grey" version of the blue fire (I tried to make it white with normal saturation, but a light grey is the best I could get without ruining it), but its honestly too ugly compared to other colors for me to make screenshots or host it... I'll see if there is something more appealing to make.

And Kso I'll describe to you the Falcon I made when I edited his textures-- blue pecs, purple abs, blue forehead, purple backside, blue shins, purple legs. I honestly had to quit after about 20 seconds of playing with him. That's the other reason I was asking about ness-- I wanted to see if I could exclusively edit the t-shirt textures.

Wow, you really read into my comment... maybe I should be more clear next time with my critique:

Applying a blue hue to a an already made texture, doesn't make it new and exciting... I can't quite tell what the big electric blob is, but it looks pretty cool. All I was getting at is that all you did was over filter 'fire' textures with hues and what not. Also if my opinion is not valued then why did you post a responce to it. It must have been valued enough to facilitate a responce of that sort. Anyways, I didn't say to quit trying and I admit, my feedback was shallow.

So I retract my above opinion and replace it with the more specific one in this post.

- okaygo

Edit:

Heres my (poor) attempt at a concept texture... (see I'm just as hard on myself as I am on anyone else) doing stuff like this would be really cool.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
But that would be hard T.T I'd have to erase the white box around it.

I think I'll stick with bunnies.

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Jello wouldn't be very interesting, actually... unless a texture can be animated.

Zantetsu

Smash Master

mask man

Smash Cadet
still nobody answered me,
the links to the texture downloads on the main post rederict to a wiki page.
what do i do from there?

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
Oh well theh shouldn't T.T I'll rehost them for you tomorrow once I can get on my computer again mask...

Ah! Now actually I just tested the links myself. The actual problem is that the site that hosts those .rar files adds an additional "http://" to the link's address on some computers but not others, all you need to do is erase any unnecessary content on the address line and then just press enter or refresh.

Top Bottom