• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TSA and CCX Present - NJ's SMASHACRE Monthly Tournaments - Nov 3rd! Final Farewell :(

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
CyberConxion, due to outside circumstances, is unfortunately going to close indefinitely. This will be the LAST Smashacre at this venue, and will be at hiatus until we find a different venue.

It also means we can't have Smashtality at this venue anymore either.

Please come and make this last event a huge success. The store has been really great to myself, TSA, and the Smash Community, and your participation would be truly appreciated.

SMASHACRE 8/08/07: Results Uploaded - http://tia.nealpro.com/tia/ttournament.aspx?id=205

SMASHACRE 9/02/07: Results Uploaded - http://tia.nealpro.com/tia/ttournament.aspx?id=212

SMASHACRE 10/06/07 - http://tia.nealpro.com/ttournament.aspx?id=237
Smashacre is now live on nealpro.com!

If you plan on attending, create or claim your account, and then click the "I plan on attending this tournament!"

All the results will also be uploaded to this site.

Note: All information posted may be subject to change at ANY time.

Hosted by The Smash Affiliates

Date: November 3rd, 2007
Time: 12 PM - Closing
Registration starts at 11 AM

1220 Hamburg Turnpike
Wayne, NJ 07470

Bus Information

You can take the bus from the Port Authority and head down to the Willowbrook Mall/Park. I can make personal trips to pick you guys up from there. The bus #s that take that route would be 193 194 and 197. I think 195 might be one of them also. If you're coming from somewhere else, just take that bus to the Willowbrook Mall/Park, but the Bus # might be different. PLEASE call the store once you've arrived.

Events:

SSBM 2v2 - $20 per team ($10 per person)
SSBM 1v1 - $15 per person
Spectators - $5 per person

Prizes: (40% of the prizes will go to the store, the rest given to the players in the following percentages)

Singles:

1st place - 70% of prize
2nd place - 20% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

Doubles:

1st place - 70% of prize
2nd place - 20% of prize
3rd place - 10% of prize

RULES

₪ BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS - The store will not provide you one.
₪ All events will be double elimination
₪ Four (4) stock
₪ Seven (7) minute time limit
₪ Singles seeding will be random with some courtesy to crews - you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in order to be favored - You must have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done randomly.
₪ In case more than 64 people come, Singles seedings will be determined by pools - each player will be assigned to a pool, and each pool will play 2 Three (3) stock matches in a round robin. If a player wins a match, he must inform an official of how much stock he had remaining. Players will continue to play with each other until each player has played all of the other players in the pool twice. The lowest ranking players will be cut off from each pool, so much so until it meets the conditions of a 64-man bracket. All stages for pools are picked randomly, and all character selections are double blind pick for the 1st match. In the 2nd match, if a player wishes to change a character, both players must again use double blind pick.
₪ In a set, character selection for the first round will be blind pick - both players must whisper their character choices for that match to an official, and then immediately select those characters afterwards. The stage select for the first match will be chosen by random select or may be agreed upon by the players. Random select will be used if there is any disagreement on stage selection. After the first match, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random. Once the stage selection has been announced, the winning player may choose to change their character. Once the winning player has chosen his character for the next match, the losing player may then choose to change characters. After the stage and characters have been set, the players play their second match.
₪ Stage Strike Rule - Each player or team can choose one (1) stage to remove from random select AFTER all players have selected their characters and have entered the stage select screen. Players may change their stage strike each time they enter the stage select screen. (DO NOT ACTUALLY REMOVE THE STAGES FROM THE RANDOM STAGES LIST)
₪ Dave's Stupid Rule Modified - The same stage cannot be played twice in a row during a set
₪ Each round is best of three (3) matches; Finals are best of five (5) matches
₪ In the event of a tie at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins the match. In case both players have the same amount of stock, the player with the lowest percentage wins the match. If both players have the same percentages, the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one (1), and start a bonus match on the same stage. If the bonus match goes to the end of the time limit- despite whatever the amount of stocks are left - then both players/teams will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ Items will be turned OFF
₪ In the event of an equipment malfunction, the match will be restart from the last known position or from any point in the match that is agreed upon by the players.
₪ Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
₪ Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor and can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match.
₪ Wobbling is banned
₪ Nintendo Standard controllers only (any type of programmable controller must be inspected by a store official/TSA member). Likewise, controller modifications are banned. If you are caught using a modded controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.
₪ BRING WAVEBIRDS AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will be your responsibility to find others with Wavebirds and sort out the frequency issues. If you bring a wavebird it is highly suggested to bring a normal Gamecube controller in case your Wavebird malfunctions.
₪ Random Stages for Singles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
₪ Random Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium
₪ Stages Banned: Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64.
₪ For Doubles, Team attack is ON and life stealing is allowed.
₪ The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
When leaving the venue, please let me know and if there is a way to contact you. If you do not give me any notice, and your match is being called, the Mages DQ Rule will come into effect.

Rules of Conduct for Players/Coaching
A player is permitted to assign one person who will be their coach and must be declared to the officials of the tournament. Coaches are only allowed to speak with their players in between matches for one minute. Players cannot communicate with their coaches or spectators in the middle of the match. Please familiarize yourselves with the following penalties, based on MLG Conduct:

Minor Infraction - Acts of misconduct that will result in the issuing of a warning. These acts include, but are not limited to communication between players and spectators, excessive use of vulgar language, and coaches taunting opposing players.

Major Infraction - Acts of misconduct that will result in the issuing of a technical foul. These acts include, but are not limited to the verbal abuse of a staff member, the use of vulgar language aimed at an opposing player, verbal abuse of an opposing player, and excessive taunting or celebration by coaches or players.

Warning - The penalty for a minor infraction that stays with a player and/or team for the remainder of the competition. Two warnings will result in a technical foul.

Technical Foul - The penalty for a major infraction that stays with a player and/or team for the remainder of the competition. Players who are penalized with a technical foul will lose counter pick privileges for the next game they or their team are scheduled to counter pick. The loss of host or counter pick privileges, if necessary, will be carried from one series to the next or one competition to the next. Coaches receiving a technical foul will have their coach and pass and privileges revoked.

Ejection - The penalty for acts of misconduct deemed so inexcusable that they will result in the player being asked to leave the venue. These acts include, but are not limited to intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the rankings and/or brackets, unsportsmanlike physical contact, and maliciously throwing objects at another person. Three technical fouls will result in ejection.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Where in NJ would this be located? I might actually show up to this if it's closer than sixtecle.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Everyone better show up to this too! And read the 1st post again Woz put some good stuff on behavior in there, twas a good read.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
My presence at this event is doubtful seeing as I have many plans for the 4th of july weekend, but I like the rules, WoZ.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Perfect, right after my summer class is over. I'll be coming while forcing my partner Hazzy to come "hopefully"

Luck - DGZ

Smash Rookie
doesnt look like the usuals are going. ill try and make it. i could be working that day though. and of course its provided doyoung gives me a ride.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I agree, fifteen per person for singles is a bit much, especially for someone like me who goes there for the experience and the knowledge that I will lose money. Ten is better IMO, I can't play teams so that's out. Actually, I think I have court July 7th, so I can't make it. Do what you wish, even though I really wish I could make it. Those matches at Smashtality were just too good.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
$10 is the amount used for smaller biweeklies. These tournaments are going to be held for those who are serious and hold a high competitive atmosphere.

IMO, these are the tournaments that will be held in highest regard in NJ. If you want to show you have what it takes, SMASHACRE is the place to be.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Woz do you have anyother characters in Maple besides magicalwoz?

I am in bera

i gots a lv 43 cleric and as lv 35 sindit XD lol

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Thankies for trying to cheer me up, but it's still half the gaming experience, plus I have to settle a speeding ticket on the seventh anyway. :ohwell: Good luck at the tournament for all who are attending.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
$10 is the amount used for smaller biweeklies. These tournaments are going to be held for those who are serious and hold a high competitive atmosphere.

IMO, these are the tournaments that will be held in highest regard in NJ. If you want to show you have what it takes, SMASHACRE is the place to be.
I don't think $15 is going to convince people that SMASHACRE is more serious if $10 doesn't tbh. I for one would hold higher regard if it cost $10 because then I'd get to pay less :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
That's just you being cheap. -_-

Honestly, $15 just shows how serious you are in doing well in the tournament. The quality of the competition and the venue, increased just by $5. Seriously.

Aside from the competition, you'll have plenty of friendly TV's around so you'll never be bored. Currently, we have about 12 smaller TV's and two larger TV's. Out of those, only 6 are going to be used for the tournament. Guess what that means? You get to play your friendlies while the tournament is going on! Gasp! Those who have been to Smashtality last time around enjoyed the friendly TV's for sure.

There's also plenty of space and the venue is located right in the middle of a shopping center with food and such, unlike our biweeklies where we cramped inside an apartment with barely any friendly TV's, and people trying to smush into a couch.

Trust me. Your $15 is worth it.

Rhyme, I don't understand what you mean by just half the gaming experience. There are other tournaments going on during the month aside from this one.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
when did nj get poor? kotc held tournies about every other week with entry singles as high as 20 dollars. has the smash economy gone into a recession?
Anyway, I am not sure if I can make this one since I have work and I called out the following week for FCD. That means I can't take luck. let me know if you need something.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I think we spoiled you guys too much with the $10 fee. Time for NJ to step it up, guys.

And I'll tell you what. You guys bring a good amount of people here each month, and we'll consider turning it into a biweekly with perhaps a lower singles' fee.

You'll have to show up first.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
And I'll tell you what. You guys bring a good amount of people here each month, and we'll consider turning it into a biweekly with perhaps a lower singles' fee.

You'll have to show up first.
But that would be just like the other biweekly at EL's mom's house, except it would be an hour away from me instead of 5 minutes :(

I do like the monthly idea with the $15 dollar singles price. Feels like a real tourney now.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
And it'll be held like a professional tournament, unlike before where we had random placements for TV's and people had to sit on the floor.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It's either one tournament or two. Two tournaments for the extra five dollars gets you twice as much experience as a single tournament. Five dollars from ten to fifteen is a fifty percent increase.

It's not gonna be anything near what Smashtality was yet it's still kinda expensive. I live about an hour and a half away from CCX, so that's roughly 130 miles by car at seventy miles per hour, my car gets 30mpg, so I'm looking at twenty-five dollars for gas alone. A tournament doesn't exactly fit the budget.

Uurgh...no...I live in Orange County, and I havn't found a tournament yet that was closer than seventy minutes by car. Every outing is expensive, as fun as it may be. I'm aware of what the setup will be; I was there at Smashtality III with my crew's sexy black-and-white recorder. ^^ I'm just saying that I agree with some people that fifteen is a bit high for singles. I'd rather show up and play nothing but friendlies all day, that'd be more fun than tournament play.

But whatever...

That's just you being cheap. -_-
Eeh...maybe, but that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :chuckle:

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Rhyme, I live further south from you from CCX and it only takes me 40 minutes to get there. You should get there even faster.

And you CAN show up and play friendlies all day. That's why we have friendly TV's.

You've never been to a biweekly, but all the TV's were used for tournament play, and we had 2 if not 1 TV for friendlies. You can trust me when I say this is a huge improvement.

I was talking to spammerer when I said he was cheap.

Never mind about the biweekly comment. I realize that monthly tournaments are the way to go when it comes to holding quality tournaments.

Edit:

Rhyme, did you mean Orange, NJ or Orange County, NY? There might be some confusion as I assumed you lived in NJ.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
What the hell at all this complaining.

KOTC was more expensive and people still went to those. What's the problem?

****, NJ. Can't even give TSA your loyalty even though we got the tourney scene back on track?

Just goes to show how people act when prices go up a little bit. They show thier true colors.

It makes me sad.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
What the hell at all this complaining.

KOTC was more expensive and people still went to those. What's the problem?

****, NJ. Can't even give TSA your loyalty even though we got the tourney scene back on track?

Just goes to show how people act when prices go up a little bit. They show thier true colors.

It makes me sad.
lulz sry EMBLEM LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD! Though to be fair I've never liked entry fees over $10 and never paid more than that to enter any tournies before and didn't go to any KotCs.

Wozzie bear said:
I think we spoiled you guys too much with the $10 fee.
I thought the biweeklies were $5 per tournament? :confused::confused::confused:

At any rate I can't make it to the July 7th one because I won't be in NJ. Makes me sad, I would have liked to team with Magus.

Top Bottom