• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new.. Mewtwlo glitch... and i know none of you know about it

Veg_smashed

Smash Apprentice
Okay when your mewtwo...

you get another character to be thrown... and when they are being thrown foward..

and those little balls shoot

get another mewtwo or character to jump up and side dodge and catch one of the balls..

you can then throw it.. but it will freeze your game..... nifty huh

andrew Soto To shyy to come out and say he found this but he did...

we found it together but hes the one that catches everything..

Shadow throw glitch is the name

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i tested this and it works hilariously

i caught the shadow ball with both a mewtwo and marth....when you rethrow the ball it freezes the game unless u catch it again quickly...also when u throw it it tends to follow the mewtwo fthrow diagonal trajectory, so if u throw it downwards u can easily recatch it in the air

wow and this game is nearly 6 years old^_^

Spoon Man

Smash Apprentice
well the main reason no one tried was because I doubt anything thought of grabbing a projectile... what I'm wondering though is why you're able to grab it, as opposed to something like Samus's charge beam (unless it works with that too, which would be hilariously awesome)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
im not really sure what counts as being holdable and what doesnt....like i remember back when i used AR i set peach to pull Warp Stars out of the ground instead of turnips....but instead of flying into the air like a warp star does she just pulled them out and held them in her hand

saberhof

Smash Master
well the main reason no one tried was because I doubt anything thought of grabbing a projectile... what I'm wondering though is why you're able to grab it, as opposed to something like Samus's charge beam (unless it works with that too, which would be hilariously awesome)
so this was accident >.>...

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Sounds sweet, I'll check it out later. Purple glitches are fun.

Morning edit: Tried it out for about 20 minutes, couldn't get it to work. Anyone but Simna have any luck? I was using NTSC 1.1

Magus420

Smash Master
Ah ok, I went and gave it another shot and got it to work this time. For whatever reason when I try to do it in developer's mode in AR, M2's f-throw shadowballs don't pass through people and get absorbed by the char getting thrown making it a lot harder to do. When I reset and went into training mode instead they passed through the person being thrown and it was pretty easy then. To get it to work in developer's mode I basically had to dodge catch them the moment they started to come out from his hand. I made a quick capture while I was at it: http://files.filefront.com/Mewtwo+++F+Throw+Shadowba7avi/;7812787;;/fileinfo.html

I forgot to turn on the sound though when I made the capture, lol.

I noticed that it's sometimes possible to 'knock' it out of their grasp, and it just floats in midair, but it still counts as if they're still holding it anyway. If they die it disappears, whether it's being 'held' or not. If you throw it and you die quickly it will disappear and won't freeze the game if it isn't recaught.

Normal items that you can catch have a special hitbox around them that shows where you can catch it if it overlaps your item catch area (gray area on ground and blue area in air), but they/it doesn't seem to have one at all. Also, it doesn't appear to have any kind of hitbox on it when you throw it at people either. Another thing is I wasn't able to have a different player catch them after they were thrown, and was only able to regrab them with the same character who threw it.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
when i did it in version 1.0 i had my character who caught it (marth) throw it and it was almost immediately caught by a CP Bowser(lvl 1)....bowser rethrew it and recaught it multiple time before the game froze

also phanna: I tried this with Falco's bthrow lasers, no luck tho

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
I can see Mewtwo in teams... and they're losing... so they decide to freeze the game 'on accident'... lol. I need to learn how to do this semi-consistently just to do that.

Magus420

Smash Master
Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure since the whole recatchable area seems pretty sketchy. I wasn't even close to it one of those times I recaught it. You used a ground catch right? I tried a few times on the ground and then tried airdodge catching with the other char but either it whiffed or froze almost immediately after it was thrown and I got tired of resetting. In the AR section it actually froze right where it ended which was basically right after I threw it =P Seems to last longer in the air when it's caught higher up as opposed to right in his face.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Sweet glitch.

And it's also awesome how this topic is immediately one of the most popular topics >.> Everyone who posted must go and play Mewtwo now.

D

Deleted member

you def need to find a glitch that makes mewtwo heavier than metal bowser

quak

Smash Champion
honestly, if simna didn't test it, i would have flamed you guys to some degree

so yeah, i vote he gets credits just for that, plus whatever other testing he did

nice find guys, i'll have to test it when i have a cube

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
lol i saw the vid n it looks sooo sexy

Mewtwo looks so godly with a shadow ball floating around him.... now if only we can find a way to charge it to full size complete with hitboxes while its being held :chuckle:

high tier losers!!

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
from wat it looks like nd how they explained it, its an item, nd since u can only hold 1 item in the game then i'd say only one.

Glitch-Mew2

Smash Journeyman
i tried this but it doesnt seem to work, does the version of the game matter?

im also not even sure how u catch an item while air dodging, i always caught things jus with z

can any1 clear this up for me?

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
I think it dosn't work on all versions of the game. But I'm not one to want to freeze my game.
This'll be banned in tournament for sure...

Top Bottom