• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Campaign of Improvement - A Marth Combo Video (Download now available)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Some disclaimers before some people will just scroll down to the video (I know you people are out there :laugh:).

If QUALITY is an issue for you, then you will NOT like this video. All footage was captured via a digital camera that wasn't hooked up to the screen.

If DI is an issue (since when is it never?), then you will not like this video, especially at the middle.

If you like seeing a change in style, then you might like this video. All clips were used in chronological order according to the day that the matches were recorded (hence the title is "Campaign of Improvement").

If you like band music, then you probably will like this video.

That being said, this is my first video. I hope you enjoy it (especially the music for the credits). Props to whoever can tell what the meters are for the first song (note that there is only one part in which it doesn't change at some point).

EDIT: As stated in the title, you can now download it via FileFront

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQbzpcCJ0m0
FileFront LInk: http://files.filefront.com//;7644508;/

-Music Selection-

The Eighth Candle, by Steve Reisteter, performed by the Adlai E. Stevenson High School Honor Band 2006-2007, under the direction of Jeff Slepak (hey cool, I was 2nd chair on clarinet)

He's a Pirate, by Klaus Badelt

Chrono Trigger 600 A.D. in Piano, arranged by kLuTz, performed by me, metroid1117

If you want to see me actually playing the ending credits, here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhuQGu0_oKI

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
wow that was really good and i liked how you did kinda improve through the video though i didnt really notice it much. you were kinda just amazing through the whole video i thought it would be from total noob to where your at now. awesome music too just all around good movie.

metroid1117

Smash Master
wow that was really good and i liked how you did kinda improve through the video though i didnt really notice it much. you were kinda just amazing through the whole video i thought it would be from total noob to where your at now. awesome music too just all around good movie.
Lol, I'm not good at mindgaming at all; I'm sure later commentors will pick up on that. You should see the matches I have with b4tt1enet via YouTube; I get my arse owned completely :laugh: .

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Well, I wish you would've gotten/used more recent videos, but I see you were trying to show the advancements you have made... I also think that certain combos led on a little too long and showed a bit too much match footage... and... I must say, you love your edge-hop spike... None-the-less, everything else was superb. I mean, at first I thought your music choice was strange, but in the end it worked quite well... BTW, I loved your Chrono Trigger piano piece!! Nice work Metroid1117!!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
great vid guys i really liked teh concept thought it was edited well the quality wasn't a big issue it was great to see some actual progress and watch somebody who is playing just to have fun and improving at the same time

great video. really, i loved it.

Metà

Smash Master
I don't really have any comment to say right now other than, that last song nearly made me cry. I love that song, Yasunori Mitsuda is one of my favourite composers, and Chrono Trigger is an amazing game. I really want that arrangment. I've performed an arrangement of that myself for clarinet and piano, and I've also done a Latin-style arrangement of it (also for clarinet, because it's the best **** instrument, it's nice to see you made the decision to play it). Please, send me the sheet music for that arrangement, you are my hero for playing that!!! ^ ^

And the Marth was good too, lol.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I don't really have any comment to say right now other than, that last song nearly made me cry. I love that song, Yasunori Mitsuda is one of my favourite composers, and Chrono Trigger is an amazing game. I really want that arrangment. I've performed an arrangement of that myself for clarinet and piano, and I've also done a Latin-style arrangement of it (also for clarinet, because it's the best **** instrument, it's nice to see you made the decision to play it). Please, send me the sheet music for that arrangement, you are my hero for playing that!!! ^ ^

And the Marth was good too, lol.
Thanks for the comment; I really like that song too. Here's kLuTz's website; it has that and more sheet music: http://klutz.vgmidi.com/music.php. Have fun with it :) .

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I must be sounding easy to please at this point, but there really have been some good new vids in here recently...
Props all around for this one. Concept, music, and yes, the combos. ;D
Keep it up! :D

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Wow...you're in high school band too?!? o.0

You're just like me lol.....except about 50x better...and you're probably older too lol.

Nice vid. I can see you've come a long way. Congrats.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Wow...you're in high school band too?!? o.0

You're just like me lol.....except about 50x better...and you're probably older too lol.

Nice vid. I can see you've come a long way. Congrats.
Hey cool, my band conductor is from Texas. Anyway, I doubt I'm that much better than you; you shouldn't make those judgments until you see how badly I do in actual matches.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Hey cool, my band conductor is from Texas. Anyway, I doubt I'm that much better than you; you shouldn't make those judgments until you see how badly I do in actual matches.
Haha just wait until I get a video camera...then you'll see the truth lol.

Besides that I've never been to any smash tournaments at all, and I don't really have any good enough friends to play with. And my brother seriously plays me like what, once every 2 months?:ohwell: But whatever; my cousins will be in town this weekend, so hopefully that will change things.....hopefully.

Beyond THAT I've been busy with drumline camp all this week, but I'll ask my mom if she can get me a camera for a b-day soon, only then will I be able to eventually get some vids up here.

btw my b-day is today. 17 YEARS OLD FTW!!!!!!:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

DD151

Smash Journeyman
great vid guys i really liked teh concept thought it was edited well the quality wasn't a big issue it was great to see some actual progress and watch somebody who is playing just to have fun and improving at the same time

great video. really, i loved it.
i'll disagree and argue that the editing could have been a little better

very good nonetheless; i don't think i need to state my point twice

B4tt1enet

Smash Cadet
wow those were some awesome combos! it seems like everyone else liked it a lot too =) btw, thx for the compliment at the end. though it makes me seem like a pro but im really not XD.

Top Bottom