• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All About Yoshi: A Yoshi Combo Video

YoshiBro01

Smash Rookie
Hi, this is Yoshi 01 from the Yoshi Bros. Crew. We've been playing melee pretty much since it came out and are currently the best crew in Oregon, so a couple of our friends talked us into making a combo video to show our skills. We made this over the last 2 months, and since we just recently found out about smashboards, which seems like a great site, we thought we'd post it here first.

The link to the youtube version is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIlFM2XXxo4

If there's a want to download it, since youtube lessened the quality, we could probably post a filefront DL or something, so let us know. Also, we have more footage so we are going to try to make a couple more of these within the next month or so.

Comments appreciated.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Not enough DJCing, but whatever I closed it after 2 minutes because it got a tad repetitive.

Still have some potential I guess.

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie
Not enough DJCing, but whatever I closed it after 2 minutes because it got a tad repetitive.

Still have some potential I guess.
Good thing if you watched 2 minutes then you watched 30 seconds of footage and a minute 30 of intro congrats sir!

P.S. Not enough DJCing? what you want us to DJC everytime we do an aerial? I mean if you run around spamming that **** its asking to get your jumps stolen. Best to use it when doing low % uair chains or after a full hop... Which is generally what we do, glad you could make such a great observation without watching more then 30 seconds of combo footage :laugh: :laugh:

GET SOME!
002 out

Binx

Smash Master
You guys arent that bad with Yoshi, but your whoever was falcon was horrible with him, I didn't see alot of good DI so I dont know how well your guys combos would work on other players.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Pretty good Yoshi combo vid, the best one Ive seen. I want to download it, I have one Yoshi combo vid made by foxandfalco and that **** was horrible!

Eggz

Smash Hero
lmao @ the first 2 seconds of the intro. lmfao @ the bad combos. lmfao @ the horrible intro after the epileptic seizure inducing antics.

lmfao @ using SoaD for a Yoshi combo video.

lmfao @ being slower than Teddy's peach.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
As a lot of people have said before me, I was impressed by your ability at comboing. I found the Yoshi on Yoshi combos the most fun, as you guys are obviously most experienced with the Yoshster.

If you want people to complement you more, unfortunately you'll have to show some combos involving tech chasing and DI chasing. Those types of combos are apparently more 'skillful', and people expect them.

There were a few combos where I thought 'oh **** just another couple of hits and everyone would be thinking that you guys are the new Fumis'. Keep up the good work guys, I look forward to more work from you in the future.

EDIT: No offense to blue Yoshi, but Yellow and Green Yoshi's combos really impressed me. I posted that after seeing the lb Yoshi, and just kept getting more and more impressed as the video went on. Good job guys! (Moonwalking ftw!)

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
there were some pretty nice combos in there, but they were interspersed with some really weak footage, which you shoulda just taken out. a good example is the very last clip. whereas most good combo vids will end with a particularly impressive combo from 0-death or somethin, yours was just a well placed smash. (though the moonwalking w/ yoshi was pretty sweet)

clips in a combo video should scream "look at me. can you do this?" to which the audience should invariably have to answer "no." though a lot of the stuff in the video was definitely difficult to pull off, very little of it seemed to be beyond the capabilities of the average smashboards player.

basically, my plea is this: higher octane plz.

YoshiBro002

Smash Rookie
We are working on recording some more footage. hopefulkly it will be better to your tastes this time. we already have some sick comboz recorded. more djcing on the way also. :embarrass

Eggz

Smash Hero
@ Everyone who is saying those were nice combos...

errrr...

>_> <_< >_> I guess I'll pick up Yoshi tomorrow and put out a match video in a week with faster and better combos. Seriously.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Do it shane

That Falcon couldn't play for ****, terrible DI, didn't tech, and he couldn't even RECOVER correctly.

face_plain

cF=)

Smash Lord
glad you could make such a great observation without watching more then 30 seconds of combo footage :laugh: :laugh:
Sadly, it was 2 minutes of combo footage, not counting the intro (which was abnormally long for no reason).

I'm sorry for stating an opinion, and really believing in the fact that for 2 months of footage, some of these clips were total garbage. Don't you think a 9 minutes combo video can get repetitive ?

@ Everyone who is saying those were nice combos...

errrr...

>_> <_< >_> I guess I'll pick up Yoshi tomorrow and put out a match video in a week with faster and better combos. Seriously.
/wholeheartedly agrees

Don't waste time, just release vids of your Fox :)

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Why are you guys constantly impressed with fox and falco combo vids that have the same comboes in each video? Its nice to see something new. Everybody that is *****ing about this combo vid just needs to shut the **** up, god ****.

YoshiBro01

Smash Rookie
Eggz: I doubt that, and even if you did, what would it prove. Look at the person who is supposed to be the best Yoshi in the US, Gabe. He plays pretty slow and doesn't combo much, but he is still the best. I play slower and thus my combos are pretty bad in a highlight vid, but I definitely play really well. The other two play faster but are still as good as me because they have better combo ability.

As for the last clip, I thought it would work because even though we were really disappointed that the first dsmash didn't hit, which would have made it an amazing last clip, I bet a lot of people didn't know you could moonwalk with Yoshi and even less actually use it. But yeah, like YoshiBro002 said, we're going with your request and trying to get footage of even more outrageous combos.

As for it being two months of footage, we went through and found what we thought would be hte most entertaining clips, if you knew what was going on. Sorry if they weren't to your tastes though, because we tried to vary it and throw in funny clips as well.

RedYoshi: I'm not sure about DJCing more. It can look nice, but in actual matches, which these were from, it's not that good to just spam everywhere, since you can get your jumps stolen quite easily. Also, from the vids of Yoshi and Bringer of Death that we wacth, they save their DJCs for a second follow up hit, which we did in the video. I think we'll have a section of super fast playing in the next vid though, probably toward the beginning, just to appease those who want some hard n' fast Yoshi playing.

Thanks for all the comments though, glad others are interested in Yoshi and would even pick them up, even if it's to spite us for some reason.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Before I comment on the video, let me say this.

You're not "currently the best crew in Oregon." Nor can you produce any evidence that supports this.

Well, this video wasn't as bad as some of the comments would have you believe. Except for the music, which is an atrocity to mankind. In case you've been living under a rock in a cave on Mars, that LP song is basically the laughing-stock of music on the interwebs. But regarding the video itself as opposed to the audio, there are good clips in there, but they comprise about 15-20% of the total video. A lot of clips weren't really combos, but just a string of good things that happened in a row without necessary causal connection between them (and not tech-chase/mindgames either). Combos without proper DI are nice eye candy and everything, but the real utility of them is severely limited, which is why combos that don't incorporate DI of the opponent are generally disregarded.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
Why are you guys constantly impressed with fox and falco combo vids that have the same comboes in each video? Its nice to see something new. Everybody that is *****ing about this combo vid just needs to shut the **** up, god ****.
Well it's called...No one plays Yoshi? I mean why see a meh Yoshi. (I saw most of the vid). It was ok but there wasn't enough DI, they just kind of ran into the character and didn't try to move away from the other character. I think that's what turned me off. I don't care who plays whom, so long it's not obvious that there is like very little DI.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
It just strikes me as rather odd that Bringer's comments were the most positive of the lot. Him being the best active yoshi and all.

btw, not saying you should change your music tastes or anything, (if you like nu-metal and linkin park fine by me), but maybe just choose a vid fitting to yoshi? Yoshi isn't exactly a studded-leather jacket wearing, hot-topic going teenager.

Might I suggest the maple leaf rag? ^_^

cF=)

Smash Lord
And who the heck are you to say some other players needs to shut the **** up ? It's not my fault if I got to play talented players who have a better Yoshi than these guys. I give props where it's due, but I won't make up positive comments when I disliked what I watched. That's the difference between a ********** and a critic.

You want to win the heart of the internet ? Found an original song, hook up faster/better Yoshi comboes, and reduce the video length. I don't care if you do the same thing over and over again but in different situation (ie: chaining Uairs on a fast-faller), because what I want to see is some solid players, not a bunch of randomly stringed moves.

There you have it.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
@ cF - you only watched the start yeah? Imo the combos got better later in the video.

@Eggz - putting them down for no reason lol. They didn't do too bad. Don't compare them to Fumi yet cos they're not miscellaneous Japanese players.

@ cF again - omg cave story ftw

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I kinda agree with "Cf=)" No offense but do people in Oregon suck? Some of the people you were fighting sucked big hairy cashews.

technomancer

Smash Champion
The combos were mediocre in my opinion, but the Yoshi play was good, I liked 0003 the best :D. Great egg work too, but I think you guys can step it up (needs more grabs and dsmashes) and for god's sake get in the habit of DIing every launcher.

brdy_

Smash Lord
The OP of this thread has never been to a tournament posted on Smashboards and Yoshibros have no right to claim they are the best crew in Oregon. I can assure you, I have played better people from Oregon than this. The people they are playing are not competitive Oregon players, I am to assume they are randoms at ****ty gamestore tournaments or them playing each other.

Oregon isn't great but they aren't THAT terrible. ****.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This was a tasty video.

In fact, the only thing tastier than the combos and tilts was the shoutout to Taco Bell at the end.

Spicy Chicken Crunchwrap owns me sooooo bad. x_x

I give this video: delicious/10

brdy_

Smash Lord
Gimpy the fact that Oregon has better players than Spokane has nothing to do with anything. The issue in this thread is not Spokane vs. Oregon. It's Yoshibros vs. good Oregon players.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Gimpy the fact that Oregon has better players than Spokane has nothing to do with anything. The issue in this thread is not Spokane vs. Oregon. It's Yoshibros vs. good Oregon players.
i forgot to say because in my post apparently

i was only messin around peoples XD

cF=)

Smash Lord
DON'T HURT MY GIMPYFISHERUUU ;___;

Just get over it guys, I hope this won't turn into a regional war. Let's wait for a second release on the YoshiBros' part, and we'll be able to further criticize. As of now, there's nothing constructive being added, so let's just stop harassing each others for the last word.

/acts like a mod.

Top Bottom