• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward B - There and Back Again! - Now Downloadable! Again!

streaming-

Forward B - There and Back Again

download-

Forward B - There and Back Again(Much Better Quality!)

This video has the same background story as the Sheik combo video "Friend of the Night". Since all the matches were recorded that same day at my house. Again I worked with very few amount of matches to make this video. Check it out and enjoy!

The music is by the awesome band called Explosions In The Sky and its called "Catastrophe And The Cure"

Forward, this is the last video I have for you, it was a good time, come back to brooklyn again someday!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i thought you said it was an awesome band?. forward was doing some nasty stuff as usual but the song really killed it. that was definitely not combo vid worthy. it made the vid look so much more mellow. this vid would have felt a lot better with a better choice in song. other than that, great vid...peace

-hiroshi

i thought you said it was an awesome band?. forward was doing some nasty stuff as usual but the song really killed it. that was definitely not combo vid worthy. it made the vid look so much more mellow. this vid would have felt a lot better with a better choice in song. other than that, great vid...peace.

-hiroshi
this song is mellow.....?
sounds pretty epic to me. explosions are just too good in my opinion.

oh well, to each his own.

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
crazy ****.

you know, the song IS really mellow, but i think it works. the mellow aural underscoring does nicely to contrast the total pwnination thats happening in the visual realm. it's like saying "hey i'm forward, and i'm totally destroying these guys, but really, i'm just relaxing."

cF=)

Smash Lord
Forward/10

IMO the song made the combo video smooth and easy to watch. I hate when it's hard house/techno stuff during a whole 8 minutes because instead of watching the clips, I just get annoyed and stop bothering. At least, you choose a good track and I loved it.

You always make good combo vid and your editing is good as always. Keep it up !

Also, forwardis2good

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I know combo videos are supposed to make you look good, but Forward is clearly WAY better than his opponents in this vid. It made the video pretty boring halfway through when I realized he's averaging like 20 seconds a stock.

I did like the song, despite it not being "ideal" combo video music.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Mann, Forward is tooo good. That grab game on Fox was too great, a mindgame of it's own. 10/10 for sure man. Nice track and nice moves.

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff! Forward makes me want to drop the bird. Much love on the music choices. The new TMBG is pretty good, and Explosions/Godspeed You Black Emperor/the other post-rock bands all bring the goodness. You should try using Godspeed's "East Hastings" in a vid.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
Mann, Forward is tooo good. That grab game on Fox was too great, a mindgame of it's own. 10/10 for sure man. Nice track and nice moves.
i didnt like the whole grabbing thing over and over, i kept saying to myself "fox tech it or DI it or something!!"
but very nice moves, ive seen forward do a lot of those things on even the best of players, its what he does; he pwns

I know combo videos are supposed to make you look good, but Forward is clearly WAY better than his opponents in this vid. It made the video pretty boring halfway through when I realized he's averaging like 20 seconds a stock.

I did like the song, despite it not being "ideal" combo video music.
About the opponents - I agree that forward is better then us, but we are no noobs, I mean, we have vids of ourselves that you can check out http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=101047,

also I didnt do too bad against any of his other characters and almost beat his other characters, but his falco.... it was just TOOOOO fast. Unless you were really really good, his falco would destroy you in seconds.

Forward/10

IMO the song made the combo video smooth and easy to watch. I hate when it's hard house/techno stuff during a whole 8 minutes because instead of watching the clips, I just get annoyed and stop bothering. At least, you choose a good track and I loved it.

You always make good combo vid and your editing is good as always. Keep it up !

Also, forwardis2good
Thanks a lot, I am also tired of some techno breakbeat song in the background of all the vids, leave that for the break dancing videos. Or hearing some metal track, like dragonforce or something.

Good stuff! Forward makes me want to drop the bird. Much love on the music choices. The new TMBG is pretty good, and Explosions/Godspeed You Black Emperor/the other post-rock bands all bring the goodness. You should try using Godspeed's "East Hastings" in a vid.
I heart post rock, especially explosions and godspeed!

Man I would love to use a godspeed song, I just need a long enough video!!!!!

I might seriously try to pull something like that off though next time.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
Sweet, I love Explosions too. They are one of the better post-rock bands out there :). The video footage was awesome too. Forward is too good.

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
This was fun to watch, Forward ***** that peach at about 1:01 haha, the music was fine to me.

Another great combo vid :D

Adi

Smash Lord
Good stuff, woulda been cooler if you had more clips of other chars but falco on fox combos look so pretty O.o.

I didnt realize how many post rock fans were out there in the smash world! awesome!

Im glad people liked the footage too. I mean, it would be ridiculous to not be amazed, even if you were PC.

"There nothing like a well playing forward" -Forward :)

Prac352

Smash Lord
i thought you said it was an awesome band?. forward was doing some nasty stuff as usual but the song really killed it. that was definitely not combo vid worthy. it made the vid look so much more mellow. this vid would have felt a lot better with a better choice in song. other than that, great vid...peace

-hiroshi
I really hope you come to LTEC2. I've seen nothing but negative comments from you. Please be there, and bring some money.

On Topic: This combo video is teh secks. Very very good job. Thanks for producing.

I really hope you come to LTEC2. I've seen nothing but negative comments from you. Please be there, and bring some money.

On Topic: This combo video is teh secks. Very very good job. Thanks for producing.

thanks!!!!!!! glad you liked it. now go take care of that negative nancy at LTEC2

syra76

Smash Journeyman
We should have recorded his matches while he was at SFSU/SJSU tournies (norcal) and made a combo vid as well. :/

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
I heart post rock, especially explosions and godspeed!

Man I would love to use a godspeed song, I just need a long enough video!!!!!

I might seriously try to pull something like that off though next time.
Haha, using an entire Godspeed track may be a little much. You could definitely do some interesting stuff with certain parts though. "Dead Flag Blues" without the spoken word parts and toy-piano-ish stuff should be under 10 minutes, I think. PM me if you're interested and I could do some re-edits of stuff for ya.

Haha, using an entire Godspeed track may be a little much. You could definitely do some interesting stuff with certain parts though. "Dead Flag Blues" without the spoken word parts and toy-piano-ish stuff should be under 10 minutes, I think. PM me if you're interested and I could do some re-edits of stuff for ya.
if you want, I can send you the 22 minute video (almost one gig file) of the matches with forwards falco.

strider43

Smash Journeyman
I liked the vid, it made me laugh and it was pretty good. But there are better falco's out there, just very few i bet.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
a lot of the people he was playin weren't really top guys. Hardly saw any DI from them. Looks like mostly exhibition matches.

Best combo vid goes to Soldier of Fortune.

Top Bottom