• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 ways to win a match guaranteed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DALegendarySauce

Smash Journeyman
Ok, if you guys are like me, you go to tournaments only to get knocked out by someone better than you, and then you go drink water from the fountain for 6 hours while trying to sneak in a highfive with isai. Well, consider that the past!!
I found a way around losing. It is attributed all to 2 letters. D Q
Disqualified. This happens ina tournament for many reasons.
1) stalling
2) pausing
3) being violent or something idk.

stalling is up to them so you can't make them do that
being violent isn't gonna be easy to make a lot of people do (Yuna)

but if you use my strategiez you can get them to pause and get them dq'd

Technique #1 : Sneezing
Most smashers are pretty nice. If the match starts and you are sneezing they'll prolly pause for you. This brings the set to 1-0 for you if you play your cards right.
Just start sneezing a lot and they'll pause 95% of the time.

Technique #2 : Controller drop
Same as #1 except drop your controller and say some obscenity or some exclaimation.
works 65% of the time.

Techique #3 : Trick start button
When the match is going on (Not at the startQ!!!) press your controller next to pause and say "Did they turn pause off?!? crap!"
works 45% of the time

Techique #4 : Self destruct
Ask them if that controller has a working start button
30%
WARNING: This will not work in the same set as #3

Techinique #5: Houdini
walk away from the match mid game.(beginning of match = better) Say something like "Shoot! I forgot my cell phone"
works 100% of the time!!!

If you are skeptical I got 4th in 40 person tourney using this strat. I usually go 1,4 or 5,4
but sometimes i go 2,5 or 2,3

April Foolz!

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Ok, if you guys are like me, you go to tournaments only to get knocked out by someone better than you, and then you go drink water from the fountain for 6 hours while trying to sneak in a highfive with isai. Well, consider that the past!!
1) stalling
2) pausing

Most smashers are pretty nice. If the match starts and you are sneezing they'll prolly pause for you. This brings the set to 1-0 for you if you play your cards right.

Same as #1 except drop your controller and say some obscenity or some exclaimation.
works 65% of the time.

When the match is going on (Not at the startQ!!!) press your controller next to pause and say "Did they turn pause off?!? crap!"
works 45% of the time

30%

walk away from the match mid game.(beginning of match = better) Say something like "Shoot! I forgot my cell phone"

If you are skeptical I got 4th in 40 person tourney using this strat. I usually go 1,4 or 5,4

April Foolz!
I love how u just started spelling technique wrong after the first 2 8P. but on a more serious note tht April fools part at the end is so late >_> april foolz is on the first...

on another serious note Technique is spelled like this: Technique spell it right all the time and u'll be a smash pro in no time!! ^o^

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hehe, awesome.

Next in the series of How To Be a Total Jerk, how to eat fast food at a Weightwatchers assembly!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would pause for them and then when they left turn it back on :chuckle:

Nah i'm an *** i prolly wouldn't pause for them and if they say they need a break tell them to pause for it

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Isn'[t the point of a tournament to outplay your opponents. Not win through stupidity. Any judge that would allow this doesn't deserve to run tournaments. And April Fools was a while ago.

Anther

Smash Champion
That's right Aminar.
I'll stab someone in their **** throat if they pull some **** like that.
Shoot, I'll leave the tourney, come back with a gun and light the place up.
I'll DQ your *** from life >=O

Vall3y

Smash Lord
That's right Aminar.
I'll stab someone in their **** throat if they pull some **** like that.
Shoot, I'll leave the tourney, come back with a gun and light the place up.
I'll DQ your *** from life >=O
wow talk about a bad sport...
what a sore loser

tshahi10

Smash Ace
i think this is the best combo ever. heeheheheeheheheh *off to pwn ken*
it would especially work on the japanese because they are so nice, unlike some of you americans

vericz

Smash Champion
You guys talk about the other player being nice and pausing for you, I think if they paused for you while you weren't there or you are sneezing it's your fault. Smash is a game of skill, not cheating someone to win one game. 5 completely useless techniques.

Fade016

Smash Journeyman
This is a Great guide if you Want to be hated and have people bann you from there future tournys or never money match you. mabey in Paused banned friendlys i would do this lol still be so funny. Do that in a 50$ money match lmao

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
1) stalling
2) pausing

works 65% of the time.

works 45% of the time

30%

April Foolz!

Mindgames, son. :laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pathetic. I'm sorry, that's all I have to say. I'm not even sure this belongs in Melee Discussion.

I

i8waffles612

1) stalling
2) pausing

works 65% of the time.

works 45% of the time

30%

April Foolz!

OMG ITS NOT EVEN APRIL 1ST.... ITS FRIDAY DA FCKIN 13TH!!

And yea melee is a game of skill, not cheating

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
Wow wtf, I thought this was a community about playing to win, and last time I checked there wasn't a stipulation in the playing to win mantra about not hurting people's feelings. If you get owned its because he was obviously a better player, and you being a scrub failed, neigh, refused to adapt because it interfered with your preconceived notions of how the game is "supposed" to be played. Wake up and smell mindgames, this is smash bros melee. You do whatever it takes to win and you DEFINITELY don't make johns.

-Ca$hman

I

i8waffles612

Wow wtf, I thought this was a community about playing to win, and last time I checked there wasn't a stipulation in the playing to win mantra about not hurting people's feelings. If you get owned its because he was obviously a better player, and you being a scrub failed, neigh, refused to adapt because it interfered with your preconceived notions of how the game is "supposed" to be played. Wake up and smell mindgames, this is smash bros melee. You do whatever it takes to win and you DEFINITELY don't make johns.

-Ca$hman
anyways its not always about winning...
having fun is what i play for...

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
i got the "start button broken" one to work in a tourney i think against Puffinator. he was SOOOOOOO MAAAAAADDDDDD.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
anyways its not always about winning...
having fun is what i play for...
Well that's why your constantly going to be stuck under the scrub category.... you play to win in a tournament you don't bother about having fun.. thats what Friendlies are for

lol no one would care in a tourney in NYC because no one would care how many times you pause. especially if your tourney director is Wes. Hed just call you stupid if you wanna disqualify someone for pausing it. Anyone from killer fleet would probably do the same also.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Wow this is great :D
I love you
best guild ever.

and everyone calling this cheap
its not, its mindgames

you just have to be a big enough ******* to not care if they are sneezing and **** the hell out of them while they are doing it
like me

Kerocola

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I hate pausers. I'm not mean or anything, but if someone is clumsy and drops their controller or something I'll pummel them. I hate pausing...normally, the player I'm fighting is talking. I ignore that person. Because what they have to say doesn't matter...and if it's important I'll find out somehow.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Here's an easier list.

1. Don't shower. For a month before the tournament. Their tech skill goes down 50%, even more if you are a camping player.

2. Vomit. This can be combined with #1. After vomiting, get a win for them pausing. If they didn't pause, just say "I'm still playing let's go". Works best if you vomit on them.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Here's an easier list.

1. Don't shower. For a month before the tournament. Their tech skill goes down 50%, even more if you are a camping player.

2. Vomit. This can be combined with #1. After vomiting, get a win for them pausing. If they didn't pause, just say "I'm still playing let's go". Works best if you vomit on them.
This is mindgames taken to the next level taken to the next level taken to the next level!

...son!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You guys are just so pathetic (again).

Where is the honor in Johns'ing?

Does it gain you recognition? No!
Does it gain you respect? No!
Does it give you money? No! (Unless you are ****ing ******** *****)
Does it give you possible PAIN? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom