• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
Well since people know Snake is a high tier character, more people will play as Snake and when more people play as Snake, Snake has a better chance of winning tournments then other characters do....right?

I think we also should be seeing how many of each character were used in a certain tournament.
this is the popularity factor, and yes it has a strong influence on most game's competitive realms. luckily ssbb is based on skill more than luck, so the popularity of characters are usually justified by their actual strength i.e. MK's popularity is justified to what some would call him being "over-powered".

and the number of people that use a certain character in a tourney is only relivant if you only count the people that have a chance to top.
well either way you look at it, if there's a character better than snake, than that character would be winning all the tournaments that the snakes are at

but there is no character technically "better" than snake. quite a few on par with him, but no hard counters.
for the record, i believe DK is a universal counter for snake.
Meta knight's creepin creepin.

He'll overtake Snake by the end of September. Book it.
defiently possible, if not sooner.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
*coughROBcough*

As I said before, I believe Snake has obvious weaknesses. His strengths are TOO strong to ever significantly drop him, but I think he'll end up being Brawl's Sheik -- he'll eventually lose the crown but stay top five or so the entirely of the game's competitive lifespan.

asob4

Smash Champion
DK, oli, whoever else you wanna name
they're all soft counters to snake
nothing horrible and still VERY winnable with snake

while as MK has like 2 soft counters

Mmac

Smash Lord
bowser counters mk >_> (i dont expect anyone to believe me but i'll stand by my word)
I wouldn't say so much as a counter. Bowser pretty much deals with MetaKnight the same way as Yoshi does, except Yoshi deals with him better overall (Sans the power, though not by much. Bowser can kill on release at 100, while Yoshi can kill on release around 140).

And we only have him listed as Neutral. I would only say Bowser would be the same thing, only slightly worse.

Either that, or I'm underestimating both of them....

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i'd like to know what guy (or guys) in the atlantic south are responsible for pokemon trainer being waaaaaaay up in rank B

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
^I've got no idea. I've only seen one PT main so far, and frankly, he wasn't very good. It's nice to see how well Olimar has been doing in the atl. south. ^_^

goodkid

Smash Lord
yeah if you check the tournaments on the front page, it has all of the players & characters they used there. Just use the edit, find text & put in PT or any char. you want.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Luigi's the LEAST used!??!?!?!?!

I'm gonna faint over a crocodile pit.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Luigi is the LOWSET =(
Falco dropped a rank.... I feel like eating puppies =(
Fox dropped big time =(
Wolf dropped a bit =(
Lucario got Falco's place =(
ROB is dropping a bit =(

Pikachu is higher! =D
Marth is lower =D

Diddy Kong looks like high tier material now....

exidid

Smash Journeyman
Poor Luigi. I hate playing against Luigi, but he deserves better ;_;

Meta-Knight should be banned before he kills us all.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Wow, the list got some huge changed this week. Metaknight surpassed Snake, but the both still have less points than they did last week. I never would have expected Diddy to be that high.

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
So sad at Luigis and Fox placement :(.On the other hand,Diddy and Wario are high :).
So,can we say Meta for ban tier yet?jk.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Mario won't let him.

Really, what happened? Is it Luigi-siesta?

I guess us Luigi mains have just gotta accept that he's VERY unpopular in Smash? At least he's very popular otherwise... Thank god this isn't a tier list, although his rank right now will definalty place him in low , which made it like, no point for him inproving in this game :(.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You forgot one of Mario's recent top 4 placements that was posted on page 113.

Gameclucks Monthly
Entrants: 29
Fee: $10

1st Bladewise (Marth/Bowser)
2nd Sagemoon (Pit)
3rd Fear (IC/Mario)
4th Emo$ (Snake/DDD)
5th Zerostar (MK)
5th Zionut (Snake)
7th Eggz (MK)
7th Donchan (Pit)

According to someone who actually attended this event, Fear used the Ice Climbers only on Snake and King Dedede players (which were about half of his opponents) and Mario for everyone else.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I didn't forget to add his points, though you did point out my mistake of labeling it 1 win instead of 1 top4.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love how Sheik/Zelda is currently above Sheik and Zelda separately. Hopefully this can help prove that using both is better than using just one or the other.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Wow MK has passed Snake, now he's definitaly #1. And poor Weegee, nobody cares about him...
But atleast he'll **** the low tier tourneys like in Melee

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I love how Sheik/Zelda is currently above Sheik and Zelda separately. Hopefully this can help prove that using both is better than using just one or the other.
Some people use one or the other entirely in certain matchups too, but use both in the tournament in general. Others will do things like switch mid-match, either to get kill moves when the damage is up higher, refresh stale moves, or when they start losing with one.

It's just like how having a secondary is better than just playing one character when you are actually good with the secondary too. Only you can switch mid-match.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The tourney I posted last page had 30 entrants. There were 6 pools of 5 and the top 3 from each pool went to a double elimination bracket. the results in the results thread don't show it though. You can count the earnings.
$210+$60+$30=$300
$300/$10($5 door fee was for the store to keep)=30

Jmoan used MK as well as Olimar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom