• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash and Coffee 2: Results

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Singles:

1: Anther (Pikachu) $125
2: KirkQ (ROB) $75
3: Bloodhawk (Lucario) $50
4: Overswarm (ROB)
5: Kel (Marth)
5: Sliq (Bowser)
7: Tink (Wario)
7: Kyari (Pikachu/G&W)
9: Lain (G&W)
9: Joey (G&W)
9: Nojoes
9: 1der (Mario)
13: Big C
13: Infernohit
13: SamuraiPanda (Snake)
13: Norm
17: Dastrn (G&W)
17: Asdioh (Kirby)
17: Johns (Pikachu)
17: vayseth
17: Sean C
17: Scala
17: Josh R
17: Dr. X (Pit)
25: Dethsmasher (Diddy)
25: Castro

DOUBLES:
1: fear the luwario (Tink, Bloodhawk) $80
2: super aids extravaganza (Kel, Sliq) $50
3: OS and Dr. X (OS and Dr. X) $30
4: anther owes me money (Lain, Anther)
5: team temp (infernohit, norm)
5: the odd couple (vayseth, SamuraiPanda)
7: recycle hugs (Kyari, Dastrn)
7: team wogoman (dethsmasher, josh R)

Shoutouts tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I can't believe I was that underprepared for G+W. I lost to *THREE* of them. W/e, this was the funnest I've had in a while. I'll see everyone up at the circuit event.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
~SHOUTOUTS~

Sliq - *High 5* Spikehands McDougal. Mirite. We'll have to Karaoke Rainbow Road at Rofa's.

Anther - GGS and Congrats, The Anther Counter is coming back full force at Rofas. I'll find the secret to beating Pikachu and spread it around the Midwest. >.> BOWSER VS SONIC, DO NOT WANT!

Kel - Never did get that MM. Rofa's? I'm glad that Marth is working out for you so far.

Overswarm - Great matches man. Those were the definition of clutch. I am very happy I finally beat you though. I've been waiting for that moment for far too long. It definately shows me how far I've come along these past few tournaments.

Vayseth - Thank you so much for the D3 info. I really appreciate it. I will practice up on it and have it incorporated into my game by Rofa's. You are like the Encyclopedia of D3. I had no clue he could even do half of that. Lastly, awesome stuff on Corneria. You are too beastly on that stage.

SamuraiPanda - All the info and advice was really awesome of you. It is very cool to talk with knowledgeable people and learn a little more about the game. I hope you get out of your rut soon. I can't wait to see you MI guys again at Rofa's. Also, Link is probably the most hated character on the roster for you now. You pull him as much in randoms as I do Sonic. lol

Tink - Good stuff in doubles. It was a pleasure teaming with you. Indiana did well at this tourney.

Big C - I had a totally awesome time hanging out with the large one. Be sure to keep coming to these. : )

Lain - You are freaking hilarious man. I was laughing so hard when you were making all those noises during your matches. Don't ever change Lain. I bet you are holding your middle finger up to this post right now you freakin fro.

KirkQ - Where the heck did you come from. Getting so good all of a sudden. Taking out Me, Kel, OS, and Tink? WTH. Where is Iggy when you need him. Jokes aside though, good stuff. "You were the guy."

Dastrn - Awesome tourney again. It was nice to hang with you again. The venue is too good. Thanks for everything. I can't wait for the next Smash and Coffee.

Kyari - I still never got to play you. : ( Nice job scoring the Lucario card though. I'll get some matches with you without fail if you come to Rofa's. Thanks for coming down. Driving down by yourself is not fun at all.

Dr. X - I swear you get better every time I play you. Keep up the good work and try not to get so stressed in matches. You can always come back no matter how bleak the situation looks. I'm living proof of that. You made a lot of mistakes that cost you the set. Once you get past those though, I see you placing a lot higher.

Asdioh - It is always cool to see new people around the scene. I did enjoy the friendlies. Very nice Kirby, you had some awesome throw combo tricks. Don't be a stranger.

~ /End (If I forgot you I apologize)

Everyone is getting so good. Awesome stuff Midwest

~<3

lain

Smash Master
I just want you all to know that

A. I lost to Overswarm, THEN KirkQ. Two top placers, both ROB. eff that.

B. I beat Sliq in bracket

C. I beat Kyari in multiple moneymatches

D. I suck intensely and can't place well at tourneys.

Shoutoutssssmaybe

Kel

Smash Master
The Midwest is funny. Our tier list is whack compared to other regions. I was the only MetaKnight at this tournament, and I only used him for a couple matches.

I had an awesome time. Thanks for holding it Dastrn.

Everyone should encourage all of the smash players they know to come to Rofa's in a couple of weeks. Let's make it huge!

[yes, I got 5th again. In both the random tournament AND regular singles....mother ****er]

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yes, Midwest character rankings are very strange.

Midwest Rankings
S: Snake, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Meta Knight
A: Lucario, Wario, Marth, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, King Dedede
B: Peach, Wolf, Diddy Kong, Falco, Bowser, Kirby, Olimar, Ice Climbers
C: Fox; Lucas, Toon Link; Ike, SheikZelda, Zelda, Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic
D: Pokémon Trainer; Ness, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik
E: Pit, Luigi
U: Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Link, Samus, Yoshi

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks everyone for such a good weekend. I kind of expected the venue to get tore up with everyone sleeping there, but you guys were cool. My wife was surprised at how little there was to clean up. (someone WRECKED those toilets though...geez.)

Shoutouts:

Anther: Pika pika! SOOO glad you could make it out, bro. We shoulda played more friendlies.
KirkQ: If you keep improving this much, we don't stand a chance. Keep traveling to tournaments!
Bloodhawk: You're my boy. We gotta drill that new DDD stuff and get you ready for the national scene.
Overswarm: Always good to have you out, man.
Dr. X: I'll come out to a tuesday night sometime soon.
Kel: I always enjoy talking matchups and strategy with you.
Tink: G&W dittos were too fun...when we weren't suiciding anyways.
Kyari: We tore up 7th in teams! You should organize something down in Indy. I'll come down for it.
Lain: You ever see that movie about cheating on the SAT? Yeah, that's you.
1der: MARIO? Dang, bro, you shocked me with how good mario can be.
SamuraiPanda: As long as there's guys like you on the smash scene, we will all keep getting better. You should change your name to "The Professor".
Asdioh: representing the kirby boards! We definitely should get together weekly and practice.
Johns+nojoes: ya'll are all right. too bad you live way out in cleveland, or I could see us being boys.
vayseth: teach me, oh wise one, in the ways of DDD. I must learn. I REALLY appreciate the help you gave this weekend, bro. I probably won't see you much in the midwest anymore (since we're both leaving) but we should keep up.
Dethsmasher: great diddy, man. We need more friendlies. You guys should come up for a biweekly smashfest or something.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Yes, Midwest character rankings are very strange.

Midwest Rankings
S: Snake, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, Meta Knight
A: Lucario, Wario, Marth, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, King Dedede
B: Peach, Wolf, Diddy Kong, Falco, Bowser, Kirby, Olimar, Ice Climbers
C: Fox; Lucas, Toon Link; Ike, SheikZelda, Zelda, Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic
D: Pokémon Trainer; Ness, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik
E: Pit, Luigi
U: Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Link, Samus, Yoshi
Bah, Pit should be higher. He will be higher soon, I promise. :bee:

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
KirkQ...

KIRKQQQQQ, UR AMAZING!!!! REPPIN PURDUE NIGGAS CAUSE WE DE FUCKIN FINEST NIGGAz IN DE MIDWEZT

YE YE YE PURDUE NIGGAZ IMMA MAKE YOU A SANDWICH WEN WE GO BACK TO PURDUE SON IT GON TASTE MAD GUD U LIKE MAYO ON A BITCH???

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
^and who the fucc r u, u think ur somebody cuz u played melee and ppl kno u thru a video game. juz stfu right there before u get any more nerdy and lame.

kirkq

Smash Ace
Dastrn - Good Tourney.

Anther - This man is too good. I told you I'd see you in the finals :)

Bloodhawk - Good stuff beating OS, but then you lost to a scrub like me.

OS - I would've been more than happy to play out the last 15 seconds on Luigi's Mansion.

Lain - No ROB johns, you play Game and Watch.

Tink - You sucked it up yesterday, I shouldn't have beat you.

Ignatius - Should've shown up, disappointing.

NJzFinestzzz - $5 MM back at Purdue? I enjoy how scrubs always get pissed at you lolz.

thaxceptional1 - Who are you?

Everyone Else - No johns.

Conclusion - Luigi's Mansion is stupid, I can't even play Dedede.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
^and who the fucc r u, u think ur somebody cuz u played melee and ppl kno u thru a video game.
I'm NJzFinest, I actually know some of the people who went to this tourney and vice-versa.
juz stfu right there before u get any more nerdy and lame.
Nerdy... hmm, so... trolling and getting extremely pissy over a 2 word internet post isn't nerdy/lame? Hypocrites are cool.

Seriously, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, let's be friends.
You can use a few people who actually care about you, no?
NJzFinestzzz - $5 MM back at Purdue? I enjoy how scrubs always get pissed at you lolz.
Yeah nigga fo sho.

Sliq

Smash Master
Shoutouts!

Me - Your pretty much the greatest. Keep on being awesome.

Everyone else - Sup.

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Shoutouts:

Anther: You're a hella cool dude, and your Pikachu ***** everything man. Did you go undefeated in pools and the bracket? That **** is insane, and I love it :D
Bloodhawk: You're gonna have to look around for me at Rofa's and ask for friendlies, cause I can never seem to find you unless you're in the quarterfinals or better at a tourney match, lol. But yeah, the Lucario card is sauceome, I may look for a fighting type pre-con to mix him in haha.
Overswarm: Man, please don't upload that moneymatch. It was stupid ****, my Link was very unpracticed, god **** I feel horrible about that. Here's the deal: we will do another 20$ moneymatch of that matchup at Rofa's, as long as you don't upload this one :D. Cool?
Kel: I have almost never played you, period. Do you mind doing some friendlies, or Marth dittos, at Rofa's?
Sliq: God I feel so crappy running into your f-smash, I think I could have snuck into 5th if I didn't **** up on Rainbow Cruise :p. Your Bowser is really **** good, though I think Pikachu is one of his worst matchups. If you had used Ganon on me you may not have had to even take it to a third game :p
Kyari: **** son, how did you manage to place in top 8? Lucky son of a *****.
Lain: I'll re-moneymatch you at Rofa's, and anywhere. :D.
Joey: I love your G&W, very good. We need some more of those dittos, and I'd like to try my Pikachu on him :D
Nojoes: Poor double SD Marth :(. You're good, hopefully we can play some friendlies next tourney you go to.
1der: Saw your Mario, didn't get a chance to play... we should though :p
Big C: I totally owned your Mario.
SamuraiPanda: You're totally awesome. We should play some more at the next tourney we go to :p. BTW, that Snake vs G&W match on Luigi's Mansion was EPIC.
Norm: I remember you, :O. You're that ROB player who did random teams with me Friday night. We should do that again too.
Dastrn: Great tourney, great everything. You're the best :).
Vayseth: You're a funny dude, and your DeDeDe is pretty good too. We should get some friendlies in at Rofa's, and you can tell me all about the Japanese RPS XD.
Dr. X: Your Pit has vastly improved since the last time I played it. I'd like to challenge you to a moneymatch at the next opportunity I get :)
Dethsmasher: Man, your diddy is crazy, but I have to admit I was allllmost unable to hold back my laughter when playing you, whenever you **** up you get pissed about it and you seem to make a lot of mistakes in games that would otherwise be an easy win for you. Your diddy is the best I've played though for sure, and I hope I can play it again.

Anyone else that I didn't mention I either don't know your tag or just somehow wasn't able to remember in this post, or something.

Anther

Smash Champion
*Sigh* I typed up a bunch of shoutouts and then closed the tab. -_-. Short version for now.

Dastrn: Very nice venue and well run tourney, nice too meet ya too =].

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
*Sigh* I typed up a bunch of shoutouts and then closed the tab. -_-. Short version for now.

Dastrn: Very nice venue and well run tourney, nice too meet ya too =].

<---- honored to be the only person on your short list.

DethSmasher

Smash Cadet
lol, kyari, im never pissed, i had fun the entire time. i jsut need to smooth **** out lol. looking forward to playing again when i get a litle better.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
vids are up at www.youtube.com/overswarm

man! I didn't do well this tournament at all. Too many close games for no reason. I've changed my ROB up a lot though, so hopefully Ann Arbor won't be so bad. No more close games.

Sliq

Smash Master
vids are up at www.youtube.com/overswarm

man! I didn't do well this tournament at all. Too many close games for no reason. I've changed my ROB up a lot though, so hopefully Ann Arbor won't be so bad. No more close games.
Yeah, next time we fight I'm going to embarrass you. No more close games indeed.

Top Bottom