• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corpus Christi SSB Brawl Tournament July 12th

Jeri

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,
My name is Jeri and I'm a new member to the Smash Boards. This account represents the store Play Again Classic Video Games. I registered here in order to announce when our store will be hosting Smash Bros. Tournaments.

This month we wanted to host a SSB Tournament because it's been the one thing that people who want tournaments have been requesting. It is our hope that it's an enjoyable experience.

THE TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Hosted on July 12th starting 4pm.

Registration Fee: $10
A percentage of registration fee will go to the host and the other to the prize pot.
Payout will be 70/20/10
Retro Games Prizes will also be awared to the top 3!

THE PLACE
PLAY AGAIN CLASSIC VIDEO GAMES
5301 Everhart Rd #P
Corpus Christi, Tx 78411 (Shopping Center Behind BEST BUY)
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl&q=play%20again%20classic%20video%20games

THE RULES
Double Elimination
Matches will be best 2 of 3.
Finals and Semifinals will best 3 of 5.

Neutral Random stages:
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Final Destination

Counter Pick:
Delfino Plaza
Corneria (Melee)
Great Sea
Rainbow Ride
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Brinstar (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium

Everything else is banned.
Also ONE other stage can be banned if requested.

No items.
Time Limit: 7 minutes
3 stock

OTHER
We do need Wiis and copies of Brawl. We only have a few, so if you would like the Tournament to go quickly, I reccomend helping out. It would be appreciated. Thank you Pozerwolf for helping me set up this tourny, even though I'm not sure you are on SmashBoards.

Contact Info:
Send me a PM or ask any other questions you have on this thread.
OR just visit the store and talk to me personally.
If you would like to help with Wiis or games, come by our store to talk to us.

defsithe

Smash Ace
corpus. ill probably head up there. hmm u could tell the people from alice about it but i dont remember who hosted or what. pozerwolf might no them? also when u say top 3 get retro something rather to u mean plus the 70/20/10 split right?

anyways will yall be holding tournys in the fall semester lol, so when i go back to school(TAMU-kingsville) i dont have to drive back to the valley so much hahaha.

Third-Prophecy

Smash Rookie
Me and 4 of my friends are all interested, but we kinda wish there was a team tournament as well. 2v2 is just as fun as 1v1 :D

In any case, we'll be signing up pretty soon.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Quoted from the first post:
Hello everyone,
My name is Jeri and I'm a new member to the Smash Boards. This account represents the store Play Again Classic Video Games. I registered here in order to announce when our store will be hosting Smash Bros. Tournaments.

This month we wanted to host a SSB Tournament because it's been the one thing that people who want tournaments have been requesting. It is our hope that it's an enjoyable experience.

THE TOURNAMENT
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Hosted on July 12th starting 4pm.

Registration Fee: $10
A percentage of registration fee will go to the host and the other to the prize pot.
Payout will be 70/20/10
Retro Games Prizes will also be awared to the top 3!
There ya' go.
The time is in bold.

Jeri

Smash Rookie
Me and 4 of my friends are all interested, but we kinda wish there was a team tournament as well. 2v2 is just as fun as 1v1 :D

In any case, we'll be signing up pretty soon.
At the moment it's 1v1. If the participant's end up wanting to go teams, I'll set up for 2v2 instead. Those go quickly anyways and I prefer them. Anyone who wants to sign up you can register early anytime at our store.

@Pozerwolf: yep.. it's me tim/timmy/killy/douchbag/ vendor of **** snowcones/ f@ggot/ whatever I'm being called now-a-days

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
What do you say for "practice sessions" before the days of the tourney. Also i might go, i slipped it to my supervisor at work and said he'd see what he could do. So i don't want to go and pre-register and than not show.

So about those "practice sessions", you know just to get a feel of the store. I've been there and passed by several times and theres always alot of cars. Don't know because of Play Again or the steakhouse right next to it so yea lol.

Jeri

Smash Rookie
corpus. ill probably head up there. hmm u could tell the people from alice about it but i dont remember who hosted or what. pozerwolf might no them? also when u say top 3 get retro something rather to u mean plus the 70/20/10 split right?

anyways will yall be holding tournys in the fall semester lol, so when i go back to school(TAMU-kingsville) i dont have to drive back to the valley so much hahaha.
A percentage of the registration goes to the store. The rest is put in a prize pot and winners will split 70/20/10. On top of that we are giving away our retro system that play NES and SNES games, to first place, and gift certificates to the 2nd and 3rd.

If this tourny goes well I will be doing more.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
@Pozerwolf: yep.. it's me tim/timmy/killy/douchbag/ vendor of **** snowcones/ f@ggot/ whatever I'm being called now-a-days
Ah, cool.
Sup (again, lol).

BTW: There is another tournament happening on the 11th as well in Austin ;o

Third-Prophecy

Smash Rookie
At the moment it's 1v1. If the participant's end up wanting to go teams, I'll set up for 2v2 instead. Those go quickly anyways and I prefer them. Anyone who wants to sign up you can register early anytime at our store.

Maybe you could do 2? one 1v1 and one 2v2? just keep the same entry fee, $10 for 1v1 and $20 per team for 2v2.

Mo Money

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
I might be able to attend this event, I'm not sure.
Oh well, let's see what happens for me this weekend.

Otherwise, I hope this tournament has a good turn out.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I might be able to attend this event, I'm not sure.
Oh well, let's see what happens for me this weekend.

Otherwise, I hope this tournament has a good turn out.
Dude come. I tried to go to the last tourney you hosted in Alice i think. But anyways i heard you played the best snake in Texas. I wanna see how i would fair against such a title.

Anyways a friend of mine is hosting one on the 26th i believe, and as soon as i get a hold of him, we'll start building hype. Mark your calenders. And i too hope there are alot of people at this tourney.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
Couple of quick questions. Just moved here from Michigan, was all around the Midwest competitive scene. Now I live down in the valley around here, trying to find as many tournaments as possible while I'm down here (Even though down here its really isolated heh). So the questions were, how far is Corpus Christi from the valley? And does anyone in the smash competitive scene LIVE in the valley? It would be nice to carpool with someone. Won't be able to make it out this weekend, but hopefully within the next couple of weeks.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Couple of quick questions. Just moved here from Michigan, was all around the Midwest competitive scene. Now I live down in the valley around here, trying to find as many tournaments as possible while I'm down here (Even though down here its really isolated heh). So the questions were, how far is Corpus Christi from the valley? And does anyone in the smash competitive scene LIVE in the valley? It would be nice to carpool with someone. Won't be able to make it out this weekend, but hopefully within the next couple of weeks.
The valley? I don't know many smashers in the valley, but a heads up for the one on the 26th, you've been told lol.

defsithe

Smash Ace
corpus is 2 hours north of the valley. and there is a scene in the valley. i was gonna go to this but something important came up.

tourny next week in mission (upper valley mcallen area)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181538

if u have myspace i post bulletins of local tournys there.

myspace.com/smashvalley

my AIM SN is in my profile here if u have any more questions. or PM me.

Jeri

Smash Rookie
Well the tourny is tommorrow and I hope the turnout is good. Looking forward to seeing who shows up.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
it was a fun tourney again, had we had more time between the announcement of the tourney and the date of it, i think we could have had alot more people, but nonetheless a fun tourney.

Now it's time for shout outs for the thirty or so people that went, and i remember.

Jeri/Tim: Whatever your name is, it was a good tourney, cool dude, I expect more tourneys, bi-weeklies would be cool but whatever, and you will definitely see me around at the store playing smash.

Aiden and company: Cool dudes, running the teams with the 2 of you was fun, we definitely have to practice sometime i'll text you or whatever, cool people... They mostly come out at night...mostly LOL.

Dan: Your D3 sucks :D, i know i'll see you around again.

Derk: My DI is too good. You know i AM the king of Pivot Grabbing.Best 2 bucks i've ever earned in my life lol, and again i know we're gonna play together again.

DMK: Hope you drove home safely and didn't die on the way or anything, glad you made some gas money for the trip lol. Hope to see you again soon, and actually play you IN the tourney. And next time you can crash with Aiden and his buds lol.

JonBe: You suck, you have no patience, ily.

Hope to see you guys around.

Oh ya, and if you guys got AIM or anything let me know.

Top Bottom