• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chaingrab & Laser-lock lists

Blad01

Smash Lord
Hey all !

As Falco mainer, I looked for the characters on whom its "Chaingrab" and its "Laser-lock" worked. Here is what I found.

---
>> Down-Throw Chaingrab List

Character - Percents

Works perfectly on said:
Bowser: 0-50
DK : 0-50
Diddy Kong: 0-40
Link : 0-70
Ganondorf : 0-60
Sheik : 0-50
T.link: 0-40 [To be determined more]
Metaknight: 0-40
King Dedede : 0-60
Capt. Falcon : 0-45 [And 45-80 to be determined, but seems possible]
Fox : 0-50
Falco : 0-40
Wolf : 0-45
Pikachu : 0-60
PT, Charizard : 0-45
PT, Squirtle : 0-45
PT, Ivysaur : 0-70
Marth : 0-36
Ike: 0-45
Mr. G&W : 0-40
Snake : 0-50
Sonic : 0-45
Works hardly on said:
Mario : 0-40
Luigi : 0-40
Zelda : 0-40
Wario : 0-20
Yoshi : 0-40 (To be determined better)
Pit : 0-40
ROB : 0-50 (Many counters)
Olimar: 0-36
Ness: 0-45
Lucas: 0-55
/!\ Every character in this category is able to counter the chaingrab ! So if your opponent is experimented enough, the chaingrab won't work... Or just a little.

Impossible on said:
Peach
Samus
Kirby
Lucario
Jigglypuff
---

>> Laser - lock

Impossible on" said:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Pikachu
---

Ok. There could be somme littles errors (I do it mostly vs CPU), but it's about that.

I hope this can help you ! For the character impossible to be "chaingrabed", you can do other stuff : Dash A, SHADA, SHDL...

[PS : If you use these lists, please at least quote my name ;)]

[EDIT :

The Chaingrab list is done with lvl9 CPU. They don't use DI properly. But they use Counters (Air attacks), Air Dodge, and Hop

I also have to test DDD's Super Armor]

Linjishu

Smash Rookie
You're missing some characters, and names such as "Herbizarre" need to be translated into English.

But very informative post.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Yes, I had forgotten that ^^" I translated ^^

I also added some news characters, I will finish the list tomorrow ;)

Ulevo

Smash Master
From what it appears, this list does not use proper DI. I know for a fact that Marth cannot be Chain Throwed if the person DI's properly. The AI is not a very accurate base to test on, since they will not DI out of grabs, although it is still informative since it lets you know who can be Chain Throwed if the opponent DIs improperly. Also, King Dedede most likely cannot be Chain Throwed at all provided that he uses his Up B, due to his Super Armor. I'm not sure how credible that is against Falco, but it works on Donkey Kongs Down Throw.

Blad01

Smash Lord
From what it appears, this list does not use proper DI. I know for a fact that Marth cannot be Chain Throwed if the person DI's properly. The AI is not a very accurate base to test on, since they will not DI out of grabs, although it is still informative since it lets you know who can be Chain Throwed if the opponent DIs improperly. Also, King Dedede most likely cannot be Chain Throwed at all provided that he uses his Up B, due to his Super Armor. I'm not sure how credible that is against Falco, but it works on Donkey Kongs Down Throw.
Yes unfortunately you're right, this list doesn't use DI. But it uses Air Dodge, Counters (Just have to test DDD' SuperArmor), and Hop normaly.

Adi

Smash Lord
Someone should test it with AR and use frame by frame analysis how long a character can be truly chain grabbed.

Apples

Smash Apprentice
Most all the characters listed here can break out of the chaingrab earlier than this list says. The chain throw is really weird, but it seems that some characters can DI away from Falco and avoid the next grab, while others must DI up to avoid it. It barely makes any sense at all... but weight may affect which direction you'd have to DI the throw to escape. I haven't been able to chain throw any of the Pokemon Trainer's characters from even 0% yet. Not even Charizard. =[

Also, today I just laser locked a Pikachu in tournament on the Halberd, so it is possible to laser lock him.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
laser locks awesome but i only did it once by luck is there an easy way to do it? or is it wen they on the floor and u must do it at right moment?

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
uhhh... Pikachu can do D-air and break outta chaingrab at about 30%... Test it.

Jing)

Smash Apprentice
So the "Works perfectly on" before peak % listed there should be NO way to fail unless you time it wrong? I tried doing it on a lv9 DK and only did it like 4 times my best try from 0 %.

otg

Smash Master
Can you combo from the chain throws?
A lot of the time I'm able to follow up with a dash cancelled Usmash which is very nice. By the edge you can try, Fthrow -> Dair or something along those lines. You can't go wrong with a Shff Nair -> Jab combos etc.

And sometimes it might be in your best interest to just laser them to reset and punish their mistakes.

Falco is too good.

Zero-sr388

Smash Cadet
How exactly do you set up the laser lock???

I've seen it done on youtube, but the way they do it (usmash, ushmash, ushmash, laser lock)
Can be DI'd out of incredibly easily...

itdoor

Smash Rookie
that is just not true.

the CG works on DK to about 36% sometimes to 42%. this has to do only with the falco player and the speed with which he gets his grabs out.

CBK thought he could U-B out of it. he did at first then i sped it up and got the usual 42% spike kills i am used to on heavy characters.

the only accurate thing about the original list is the characters that can escape the CG and even most of them can be grabbed a second time.

after the second CG on the floaties just Usmash or DXUsmash.

the early jump out footstool thing is really only a failure on the part o the falco player to do it quickly enough.

in other words stop sucking!!!

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i was hoping someone would make a list like this
im to lazy to do it lool ty

Top Bottom