• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrai for Brawl! and The Darkrai Dimension by Pyr0.

Darkrai will be in SSBB as a...

• Total voters

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Manaphy was first showed as a teaser for America in December, and its Egg was available since November. Manaphy was revealed officially in January.

That's exactly why Darkrai will be known in America and Japan (and possibly even Europe) when the game comes out. Nothing to do with knowing or not knowing the character. It might still happen to become a Poké Ball Pokémon, though.

No darkrai before important characters such as lucario and meowth (gardevoir was third but wtf)
Gardevoir never was an important Pokémon other than in Mystery Dungeon (people need to stomp that thought forever). It just happened to be liked by Sakurai. As for the other two, you do have a point.

NotGiratina

Smash Apprentice
We can't deny the chance he gets in.(his revelation is inevitable by the end of the year.):chuckle: Then again it has competition,and we probably won't be able to tell if it'll be in or not until the game comes out,seeing as it'll likely be unlockable.:ohwell:

Mavridik

Smash Cadet
Darkrai should be in a cherish ball and do the attack dark void but not as a character.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is one of the original legendarys, not somewhat legendary and the master ball isn't neccesary because the fun of the pokeball is that it's completly random and you don't know what's going to happen wether it's a Snorlax or a Goldeen changing them around so the better ones appear in better balls takes half the fun out of it.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
Is Darkrai legendary?

Also, Mewtwo is somewhat legendary, and he's playable in Melee.
Yeah, Darkrai is a legendary.

But I think you missed the point :). We were discussing whether it should be a regular Poké Ball or a Master Ball in case Darkrai isn't playable. And I agree with xianfeng on that matter.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Darkrai's status in the games is basically the equivalent of Mewtwo's though. Plus unlike most other legendaries, he isn't tied down by his counterparts. Most legendaries are paired up with others, and can't be represented because they come in those packs. You can't have one without the other. That's why Mewtwo and Darkrai can be considered for playable status, since they are the only ones and don't have groups.

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
I agree with you, Pieman0920.

On the other hand, let's not forget how Deoxys was considered one of those unique legendaries, too, but became a Poké Ball Pokémon. I've been wondering for months why that happened, and the explanation that makes the most sense (besides leaving room for other newcomer Pokémon), is that Deoxys was a promotional Pokémon and not a normally-obtainable one unlike Mewtwo. I wonder if that matters...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I actually was about to include Deoxys as a counter example, but then I remembered the fact that there are four of him. Now I guess they could choose something like his normal form...but in his pokeball state he's in his attack form. I'm not all to sure what Sakurai has planned for Deoxys, actually. =/

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
Darkrai's status in the games is basically the equivalent of Mewtwo's though. Plus unlike most other legendaries, he isn't tied down by his counterparts. Most legendaries are paired up with others, and can't be represented because they come in those packs. You can't have one without the other. That's why Mewtwo and Darkrai can be considered for playable status, since they are the only ones and don't have groups.
mewtwo is paired with mew ;D

Johans Nidorino

Smash Cadet
I actually was about to include Deoxys as a counter example, but then I remembered the fact that there are four of him. Now I guess they could choose something like his normal form...but in his pokeball state he's in his attack form. I'm not all to sure what Sakurai has planned for Deoxys, actually. =/
I'm sure he only paid attention to its Pokédex entry, just like with Pichu and its self-damage. Deoxys is said to fire lasers from its chest, and Hyper Beam is the move that resembles lasers the most.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Some argue that Darkrai is tied with Diaglia and Palkia (allthough they usually say Girtana [as that's who it so totally is!] or Arceus) but we won't know until Pokemon Opal.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Yeah, Darkrai is a legendary.

But I think you missed the point :). We were discussing whether it should be a regular Poké Ball or a Master Ball in case Darkrai isn't playable. And I agree with xianfeng on that matter.
...OH, that reminds me! You know how the original Pokémon characters in SSB entered the stage via a Poké Ball? If Darkrai was playable, it should be a Master Ball instead!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well, Darkrai has a large fanbase in Japan...

AS DID JIGGLYPUFF.

Awful coincidental, ain't it?

All we need to do is get Lucario to Pokeball status and we're done.
Yeah, that's not likely going to happen.

Lucario is popular both in Japan AN overseas, and were there's more popularity worldwide, it's more likely to overrule the popular in Japan ones.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Kenji's Darkrai Moveset

Speed: ****
Power: **
Weight: ***
Size: ***
Jump: ****
Floatiness: ****
Traction : *
Recovery: ***

Jab: 2 weak punches
Dash Attack: A lunging claw swipe

Ftilit: Punches forwards
Utilit: A upwards claw swipe
Dtilit:Shoots his stilt legs in the direction he's facing
FSmash: Focus Punch
Darkrai does a powerful punch forwards. Auto-kill move at 100%. Strngest smash attack.
USmash: Poison Jab
Darkrai punches up with a purple fist. Auto-kill at 120%.
DSmash: Dark Pulse Down
Darkrai releases a pulse of dark energy at the ground, so it only hits right under him and a short distance outwards. Auto-kill at 200%. Kockback is good for spacing. Weakest smash attack.

Nair: A weaker Dark Pulse with less range
Fair: Spacial Rend: A swiping claw attack
Bair: Drakrai covers his arm in dark aura and slashes backwards
Uair: Weaker USmash
Dair: Weaker DSmash

Grab: Darkrai reaches forwards with his right hand
Grab Jab: Weaker dark energy pulse with left hand
Fthrow: Throws enemy short distance forwards
Bthrow: Throws enemy short distance backwards
Dthrow: Throws enemy down and hits them with a Dark energy ball
Uthrow: Throws enemy up and hits them with a weak Dark Pulse from his hand

B: Dark Void
Darkrai creates a sphere of dark energy around him. Anyone inside it is put to sleep. Length of sleep depends on damage of opponent.

>B: Hadouken Roar of Time
A silverish, chargeable beam of energy. Max damage is around 30% or so.

VB: Dark Pulse
Darkrai releases a burst of dark energy that damages anyone in its range. It also has the same start-up animation is Dark Void. Mindgames, son. Does aronud 20%

^B: Pursuit
Darkrai float-dashes quickly in the direction you input. Does 15% if it hits anyone and if they're facing away from you they take 20% and get double the knockback.

FS: Dark Void + Nightmare + Dream Eater
Darkrai covers the entire stage in a Dark Void, putting everyone to sleep. He then uses Nightmare on everyone which does good damage and no knockback. He then uses Dream Eater, to decrease his damage and increase everyone elses even more. Again, no knockback.
Does about 50% total, you recover 25%

Blue Team Costume:

Green Team Costume:

Comments?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
While I'd LIKE for him to be playable, chances are he's Pokeball food, and is outprioritized by Lucario. :/

It's also highly probable that Rayquaza already took his potential boss spot as well.

As for the moveset, I'd nix Forward B if I were you. Darkrai doesn't work with same-move-except-not-rly like Sonic does.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
I don't really see how Lucario outprioritizes Darkrai when they have the same reason for being in (movie popularity).
Even Darkrai is being Japan-only isn't that bad, becuase he can be used as advertisement for his movie.

As for the Forward B...eh, I dunno...
Maybe Double Team could go there?

D

Deleted member

Ugh, never should he be playable. Pokeball, Boss or not in at all. I don't like the guy. 3rd and 4th Gen Pokemon suck. I can see Lucario getting in kinda because Lucario has a big fanbase but I didn't even know who Darkrai was until I Googled him after someone saying "I GOT DARKRAI ON PEARL". First gen kicked *** though. 2nd was okay but seriously, the 4th gen sucks.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Ness ISN'T out! There might be a lot of stuff that supports that thought, but there has been nothing offical!

But let's not try to make thisa debate topic over that old thing.
>_>

Why Darkrai? He seems so arbitrary. That's like saying Tangrowth should be in Brawl.
Might want to re-think that.
It really isn't.

Top Bottom