• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrai for Brawl! and The Darkrai Dimension by Pyr0.

Darkrai will be in SSBB as a...

• Total voters

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Thinking more and more about it, Dakrai still seems like he has a greater chance than people are giving him credit for. At least on a technical level they are even higher than Lucario. Darkari could also be used as a Jigglypuff or Mewtwo substitute if the occasion presents itself. >_>

smashbot226

Smash Master
Darkrai would own hard.

B: Shadow Claw- Makes a scratching motion with purple hands that does multiple hits.

B^: Night Shade- Spins around, covered by a purple sphere, whcih lifts him up... a lot.

BV: Hypnosis- Puts the enemies to sleep.

B>: Dark Pulse- The more damage taken from Payback stance, the worse it'll be for the recieving opponent.

FS: Dark Void- Puts everybody asleep and drains their health for every time one of them goes to sleep. Excellent for recovery and with BV.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I never really understood why darkrai does't get the credit he deserves. IMO, he's just as likely, if not more likely, than lucario. He's had his own movie, is legendary (which lucario isn't), is extremely popular in japan, and would be pretty unique. he has my vote :)

smashbot226

Smash Master
EXACTLY!

Darkrai has SOOOO much more potential than Lucario, and better stats to boot. Lucario is overrated but most certainly WOULD be a good choice!

Just not as much as Darkrai.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I never really understood why darkrai does't get the credit he deserves. IMO, he's just as likely, if not more likely, than lucario. He's had his own movie, is legendary (which lucario isn't), is extremely popular in japan, and would be pretty unique. he has my vote :)
Maybe it's because he comes up short to Lucario. Darkrai isn't nearly as popular as Lucario, sure he may have his own movie however it hasn't been out nearly long enough to establish as fanbase when comparing him to Lucario. Darkrai hasn't had any other cameo's in any other games; like the Lucario rank in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. So really he's not as likely as Lucario in fact I'd be surprised if he showed up at all.

Since when the hell is being a Legendary a plus? Say hi to Pikachu and Jigglypuff who aren't legendary; but are very popular pokemon nonetheless.

EXACTLY!

Darkrai has SOOOO much more potential than Lucario, and better stats to boot. Lucario is overrated but most certainly WOULD be a good choice!

Just not as much as Darkrai.
Potential is subjective... And since when do pokemon stats from the game come into account in SSB? Otherwise Pikachu and Jigglypuff not to mention Pichu would be almost unplayable in Melee because of their low bases. Stats don't come into play at all.

I know you may be a Darkrai fan but let's be realistc; Lucario is more popular than he is and more likely appear before he does. Unless you can give me substantial evidence that Darkrai is as or more popular than Lucario; this is how my opinion will stand on the matter.

-Knight

Pyr0

Smash Ace
The Darkrai Dimension

Who is Darkrai?

Darkrai
The Pitch-Black Pokémon

Type Dark
Height 1.5m (4'11'')
Weight 50.5KG (111.3 lbs.)

Darkrai is a black, ghostly looking creature. It has a small black head with blue eyes and a long, white substance erupting from it's head and also has a red growth around its neck. It has skinny arms and long black tatters hang from its shoulders. It has an hourglass figure and appears to be wearing an old, ripped cloak. It normally doesn't have any sort of legs, but it is able to extend stilt-like appendages in their place.

This Pokémon "inhabits" people's dreams and causes them to have unending nightmares.
Whilst Darkrai isn't nesting in the dreams of humans, it lingers around a lost island called Newmoon Island.

Why is Darkrai a good Pokémon rep? (May contain Spoilers)

Darkrai is without a doubt the most polemical Pokémon of the 4rth Generation:

Darkrai is the first Dark-type legendary Pokémon.

In the Japanese version of Diamond and Pearl, It can be caught through the Surf glitch of the first room of the Sinnoh Elite Four.

Darkrai was given out via Mystery Gift in Japan to celebrate the release of Movie 10. This Darkrai came with the moves Spacial Rend and Roar of Time.

In the movie Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai; Darkrai took the task upon itself to stop the fighting between Dialga and Palkia, making him a good Pokémon as opposed to the villain he was thought to be, by many...

Darkrai, is the third Pokémon that dies in a Movie. (He is shown at the end of the movie as a shadow, looking at the town people in a protective kind of way, putting in question he's "death")

Why would Darkrai be a good character in Brawl?

First and most important; Its ability of inducing sleep and nightmares, along with the great amount of "shadow" powers would make him an unique character.

Its design is probably the best one (and coolest) in the Pokémon series.

Has a great amount of Mystery factor.

Being a controversial Pokémon, its fanbase is quite large

Would not be a clone!

Moveset

Weight **
Speed *****

Specials:

[ B ] Dark Pulse

Darkrai Launches one dark sphere from each hand, upon pressing B again it will keep launching pulses; Darkrai can move forwards or backwards while shooting, quite spamable but low damage per pulse.

[ B + > ] Dark Void

After Pressing [ B + > ] Darkrai puts anyone in-range of its arms to sleep.
Sleep Time increases if the foe is hurt (more Damage %, more sleep time).

[ B + ^ ] Shadow Sneak

Darkrai turns into into a shadow and moves real fast into the direction being pressed by the stick, Darkrai is invincible while performing this move (middle only, he can be damage before and after)

[ B + V ] Calm Mind

Darkrai makes a dark forcefield around him, halving the damage done by projectiles and removing their knockback. (comes out extremely fast, but has afterlag, can be held)

[Final Smash] Nightmare

All opponents are put to sleep by a giant Dark Void (screen goes a bit dark), then some shadows start attacking the sleeping opponents, does huge amounts of damage, but does not KO.

Gameplay:

Darkrai would be a fast, sneaky and slippery character, who can't KO at low porcentages.
It needs to rack up its foe's damage meter to be able to KO him. (he can rack up damage quite fast thanks to hes spammyness and sleep attack)
He abuses he's speed, Dark Void and Shadow Sneak to be a hard target, because he is rather easy to KO if hit with a strong attack.

Extra

Discuss this ghostly Pokémon, but please do not flame anyone, keep it clean.

Feel free to post your own movesets/ideas.

Other thread suggestions are welcome.

Have fun!

Mayor Updates will be done on weekends...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
isn't there already a darkrai thread? but anyway, like I said last time, darkrai has my full support, and would be very fun to play as :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Darkrai is kinda cool...though I don't care because he's not available unless I hack my game

So I don't really care.

Other than that he won't be a PC...boss at best

Black/Light

Smash Master
I fully support Darkrai (^_^)!

He was actually in my "What makes DP unique to the pokemon games and what pokemon are the "first of their kind" in dP" list along with Manaphy (first breedable Legendary) and a few others.

I take it that you may have seen the movie. . . might you know a place where I can see it on the web?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Could someone please tell me how people are hyping about "omg Darkrai's the first of it's kind he's better than Lucario" when Lucario has the first Steel/Fighting typing in the whole entire game x_x

My goodness Darkrai's going to have to slug it out with Lucario and since Lucario has had mor time to establish his fanbase I'd say he has a better chance than Darkrai to appear in Brawl.

I mean heck majority of people outside of Japan don't even know who he is (They can't even get him legally; unless your going to find someone in Japan willing to trade you an exclusive Darkrai which is almost certainly not going to happen).

His chances aren't a good as Lucario's for a 4th generation Rep.

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
You know who has a bigger fanbase? mewtwo. The only way this... "thing" would get in as a PC is if mewtwo is removed... so... No. NO.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I could see Darkrai as a major boss.

I could see Mewtwo being PT's FS.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I could see Darkrai as a major boss.

I could see Mewtwo being PT's FS.
I don't know why people say that...

Mewtwo is probably returning as a PC with some minor tweaks

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
N/M you did include it...but only in his final smash

Shuma

Smash Hero
Although this think is a Dark Pokemon, everything he seems to do just screams Mewtwo, actually... isn't Mewtwo a psichic/Dark Pokemon? i mean this darkrai does a double shadow ball attack, but it's quite original 'cause the name now is "dark Pulse", Dark Void? uhhh confusion?

Shadow sneak? isn't that just like Mewtwos Teleport? Also Mewtwo already feels the place of Pokemon with black and purple flames.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Although this think is a Dark Pokemon, everything he seems to do just screams Mewtwo, actually... isn't Mewtwo a psichic/Dark Pokemon? i mean this darkrai does a double shadow ball attack, but it's quite original 'cause the name now is "dark Pulse", Dark Void? uhhh confusion?

Shadow sneak? isn't that just like Mewtwos Teleport? Also Mewtwo already feels the place of Pokemon with black and purple flames.
mewtwo is an entirely psycic pokemon. darkrai is an entirely dark pokoemon. the only real resemblance to mewtwo darkrai has is his legendary status, and both of them float in the air. its like comparing squirtle and pikachu, because they're small, element-based animals. or ike and marth, because they're blue haired swordsmen. or megaman and samus, because they have arm canons.

really, I hope darkrai gets in over lucario. dont get me wrong, lucario may be good and all, but darkrai would be a lot more unique and a lot more fun to play as.

Do you really think he honestly stands a chance?
just as much of a chance as lucario :).

No, no he's not a psychic/dark type... That typing is filled with fail anyway so be glad that he's not.

Darkrai is really cool and his role in the movie is much better than some other pokemon... I'd be glad if Darkrai got in!

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Nice "Newcomer" Picture. Could someone find one for Magikarp? I need it for my thread.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well... whatever i equally hate all 4th generation pokemons... except the penguin. 'cause he is a penguin.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
mewtwo is an entirely psycic pokemon. darkrai is an entirely dark pokoemon. the only real resemblance to mewtwo darkrai has is his legendary status, and both of them float in the air. its like comparing squirtle and pikachu, because they're small, element-based animals. or ike and marth, because they're blue haired swordsmen. or megaman and samus, because they have arm canons.

really, I hope darkrai gets in over lucario. dont get me wrong, lucario may be good and all, but darkrai would be a lot more unique and a lot more fun to play as.

just as much of a chance as lucario :).
I agree. I'd rather see Darkrai in Brawl instead of Lucario.

Kecleon

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I honestly don't think so.

Everyone, Darkrai has yet to be revealed to the public. There are many people who know about his existence, but Darkrai has yet to be revealed to the public, although many people know of it's existence though, it's still unannounced, and that is why Darkrai's appareance is unlikely.

In fact, with that said, Darkrai is extremely likely to NEVER be featured in Brawl, as a sticker, AT, and most certainly not playable.

Sorry, but if you're rooting for him, you might as well throw in the towel.

tirkaro

Smash Champion

Everyone, Darkrai has yet to be revealed to the public. There are many people who know about his existence, but Darkrai has yet to be revealed to the public, although many people know of it's existence though, it's still unannounced, and that is why Darkrai's appareance is unlikely.

In fact, with that said, Darkrai is extremely likely to NEVER be featured in Brawl, as a sticker, AT, and most certainly not playable.

darkrai has already been introduced in japan. he has his own movie. do some research next time plzkthnxbai.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

There is the MOVIE

Kasado-Bit

Smash Cadet
If Sakurai puts Darkrai in Brawl (which is HIGHLY unlikely for a number of reasons), then I assume that he will be a Poke Ball, like Deoxys. However, I don't think he'll actually be in Brawl because:

1. The 10th Pokemon movie hasn't been shown stateside, so hardly anyone in Pokemon's target audience would even know of Darkrai's existence.

2. Sakurai has shown proof that he likes retro. He will probably bring in more characters from past games rather than bring in characters from any new games. Unfortunately, it might mean that we won't see Lucario in the game. (That makes me sad. T_T)

Top Bottom